JMB RetrofitsVolks Autos
Page 118 of 156 FirstFirst ... 1868108111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125128 ... LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,720 of 6213
Like Tree3381Likes

Thread: 2013 Audi S3

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    I suppose you folks are so far from Europe you don't drive there as often as we do !
    We just don't like chavvy plates, plain is so much more understated and akin to Audi owners.

Does this sound familiar?
    robo1million likes this.

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    What's the north and south of the UK got to do with whether someone likes or dislikes EU plates?
    PilotAudi likes this.

4th Gear

Status
    Besides shouldn't pilot be in waitrose about now for final reductions! :-P

1st Gear

Status
    Looks great, don't you have Euro plates up north, makes cars look more modern IMHO and avoids GB stickers.
    I knew something wasn't right somewhere and that's it our s-line 8v had gb badges but that was bought from hull audi and this one is Huddersfield, I'd like to add that if it wasn't for this forum I wouldn't be in my car now. Reason been I was hunting up and down the country for one in a spec I wanted and saw a post from someone saying how they'd seen a nice black one in Huddersfield so I rang up and they still had it so placed a deposit straight away, specially after he read the £6k of options added! Thanks audi-sport!
    PilotAudi likes this.

Banned

Status
    It's easier to get to France by car from Portsmouth than it is from Glasgow. Have got used to modern Europlates as they are standard fit here.

1st Gear

Status
    I have specifically asks Leeds Audi to put euro plates on my car. As when my dad bough his Q5 from them a couple of years ago he didn't get them. And I agree with PilotAudi that they make the car look more modern. Also planning a few euro trips so don't want any horrible stickers! I quite fancy driving down to the Millau bridge in France .

3 days to go !!!!!!!
    PilotAudi likes this.
    On Order - Audi S3 SB S-tronic, Estoril Blue, Black Alcantara Leather, Aluminium Roof Rails, Advance Key, ACC, LED Lights, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Non-Smoking Pack, Parking System Plus, Reverse Camera, B+O Sound System, Electric Folding Mirrors, Privacy Glass, Electric Lumbar + Adjustable Seats, High Beam Assist, Hill Hold, Load Through, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Tech Pack High with Audi Connect!!!

Provisional Build Week 4!

1st Gear

Status
    We bought our S3 from Crewe Audi and they only fit euro plates to Audis on the car scheme at Bentley Motors so you will know if it is an employees car. If you want euro plates you have to ask for them.

I have always had euro plates but i forgot to ask for them on the S3 but i think i prefer it now without.

Banned

Status
    Come on Mr Mad surely all of us on here with Euro Plates can't be Bentley employees?

What Spec is your S3 BTW?

1st Gear

Status
    Come on Mr Mad surely all of us on here with Euro Plates can't be Bentley employees?

What Spec is your S3 BTW?
    Bentley Motors is in Crewe hence the reason why they have euro plates.

The spec of our car is on this thread already, page 29, post 1130.
    Last edited by Audimad; 11th January 2014 at 22:16.

Neutral

Status
    Great set of Monsoon Grey photos here: Flickr: 2014 Audi S3's Photostream

from a fellow Aussie. Those red brake caliper are fantastic against the grey

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by James Chr View Post

Fantastic crisp shots apart from the couple with the red car in the background.

2nd Gear

Status

that looks amazing! really good pics there. the 2 colours I really like are Monsoon and Estoril. why cant I just get 2 cars! haha

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by trs888 View Post
    that looks amazing! really good pics there. the 2 colours I really like are Monsoon and Estoril. why cant I just get 2 cars! haha
    My exact feelings. I have ordered a Blue, but I look at that and think... maybe change it. Too much time to wait and too many opportunities for second thoughts.

Luckily it is now probably getting too late to change.

5th Gear

Status
    Estoril Blue (mid-detail)
    S3 TRS, Kelza, Aran383 and 6 others like this.

2nd Gear

Status
    My exact feelings. I have ordered a Blue, but I look at that and think... maybe change it. Too much time to wait and too many opportunities for second thoughts.

Luckily it is now probably getting too late to change.
    yeah, trouble with the length of the time it takes from order to delivery means you're second guessing yourself with options, colours etc

im sticking with the estoril, as i had the same thing happen a couple of weeks ago, and i went to see the estoril in the flesh and thought yes, thats the one.

just wish the dealer would give me a proper date, and the factory would lock the build. then i can't make any changes. was very tempted earlier by the monsoon

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    haven't seen many with these wheels. looking nice!

what you having done?

Banned

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Audimad View Post
    Bentley Motors is in Crewe hence the reason why they have euro plates.

I know Bentley are in Crewe but what's that got to do with Euro plates ?

4th Gear

Status
    You chose well trs888. The correct colour imo but I would say that. You go sb or 3dr?

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Whats the name of the rims on your S3?

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Louay View Post
    You chose well trs888. The correct colour imo but I would say that. You go sb or 3dr?
    SB. with S-Tronic. got a 5 door DSG Golf now so this should be similar but better.
    i can't get away with the 3 door S3, to be the back lights look better on the SB too. just my preference of course. Plus i have a large family so 3 door would be way too impractical.

4th Gear

Status
    SB. with S-Tronic. got a 5 door DSG Golf now so this should be si?y preference of course. Plus i have a large family so 3 door would be way too impractical.
    what other opts did you go for? Rails? B&O? Int light pack? Nav? Which wheels? Personally i went for the S-line wheels in keeping with the whole silver/blue contrast.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Louay View Post
    what other opts did you go for? Rails? B&O? Int light pack? Nav? Which wheels? Personally i went for the S-line wheels in keeping with the whole silver/blue contrast.
    i got

S3 Sportback
    S-Tronic Transmission
    Estoril blue
    Technology pack
    Comfort pack
    Front and rear parking (audi parking system plus)
    Led interior light pack
    Standard S3 Wheels (prefer them to the others)

Ive got a few sets of wheels tho so will be changing often
    Louay likes this.

4th Gear

Status
    i got

S3 Sportback
    S-Tronic Transmission
    Estoril blue
    Technology pack
    Comfort pack
    Front and rear parking (audi parking system plus)
    Led interior light pack
    Standard S3 Wheels (prefer them to the others)

Ive got a few sets of wheels tho so will be changing often
    When are you expecting delivery?

2nd Gear

Status
    was told build week 18, then after the change of order to week 17. but they highjacked a car being built week 9 (End Feb) so it should be built then for mid-end march delivery i think he said. had no confirmation tho.

1st Gear

Status
    was told build week 18, then after the change of order to week 17. but they highjacked a car being built week 9 (End Feb) so it should be built then for mid-end march delivery i think he said. had no confirmation tho.
    I'm sure once Ben has confirmation he will be on the phone o let you know mate!

2nd Gear

Status
    Yeah I'm sure. Just hate the waiting it's driving me mental and it was only ordered 15 days ago 😬

1st Gear

Status

Great pictures! Shame monsoon doesn't look that good in the metal all the time ( just my opinion)

1st Gear

Status
    Yeah I'm sure. Just hate the waiting it's driving me mental and it was only ordered 15 days ago
    I was same, just rang round every audi dealer in the uk till I found one in my spec or close to, then told them the deal they had to do. Found mine in Huddersfield and they helped me out, she's now sat on my drive!

1st Gear

Status
    Yeah I'm sure. Just hate the waiting it's driving me mental and it was only ordered 15 days ago
    Mine gets built 3 weeks tomorrow! Should hopefully be picking it up first week of March.

3rd Gear

Status
    My salesman tried doing this on a week 9 slot also, but after they changed the spec to S3 etc the build date jumped to week 18. My sales guy is confident the build week will come forward. I'm not convinced.
    S3 Sportback S-Tronic - Amalfi White, Comfort Pack, LED headlights, LED interior lights, High-beam assist, hill hold assist, privacy glass, mono-pur, folding mirrors, TPMS, Audi sound system and black Alacantra. Built week 17. Arrived 17/05/14. Wow......just wow

1st Gear

Status
    I know Bentley are in Crewe but what's that got to do with Euro plates ?
    If you read my post 4687 on this page you will understand but i will explain it again.

Crewe Audi only fit euro plates to Bentley employees cars which they have purchased on their car scheme so if you see a 6 month old Audi for sale at Crewe with euro plates you will know it was a Bentley employees car.

4th Gear

Status
    Yeah I'm sure. Just hate the waiting it's driving me mental and it was only ordered 15 days ago 😬
    Block it out of your mind, if you can, I ordered at the end of august for a March delivery. 6 months! Just stay on here for pics as we start picking them up!

Banned

Status
    If you read my post 4687 on this page you will understand but i will explain it again.

Crewe Audi only fit euro plates to Bentley employees cars which they have purchased on their car scheme so if you see a 6 month old Audi for sale at Crewe with euro plates you will know it was a Bentley employees car.
    What all 6 month old Audis.... Nahhhh!

1st Gear

Status
    What all 6 month old Audis.... Nahhhh!
    With Bentley employees car scheme you can have a new Audi and hand it back after 6 months so you will never get bored. I saw a red S4 before i bought our S3, it was 6 months old and had lots of stone chips on the front and when i enquired about it i was told it was an ex employee car.

2nd Gear

Status
    With Bentley employees car scheme you can have a new Audi and hand it back after 6 months so you will never get bored. I saw a red S4 before i bought our S3, it was 6 months old and had lots of stone chips on the front and when i enquired about it i was told it was an ex employee car.
    Pain in the backside ordering a car all the time with waiting lists changing say they do

1st Gear

Status
    A group of us had 4 Bentleys for a weekend to drive through Eastern Europe direct from the factory, via Germany, and all had European plates, obviously.

I have a plain front and a GB plate on the rear on both modern cars - and a house in France.... Never been pulled over as yet.

I run black plates on the porker as it's pre '72, but can't see me running it on the continent - not that reliable at the moment sadly - so a chrome GB plate isn't needed yet.

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Kempysue on Facebook
    Build week 3 - today my car is being born :-) :-) :-)
    Johnnyb, J6YAK, PilotAudi and 3 others like this.

Banned

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Kempysue View Post
    Build week 3 - today my car is being born :-) :-) :-)
    Yes Sue.. it is week 3... not sure when in the week they are officially 'born' will be interesting to find out.

Our new baby is a week later but mother and father experiencing contractions already ;-0 At least they will be in the same year at school!
    Kempysue likes this.

Yes Sue.. it is week 3... not sure when in the week they are officially 'born' will be interesting to find out.

Our new baby is a week later but mother and father experiencing contractions already ;-0 At least they will be in the same year at school!
    An interesting point. When is a car born... When the first panels are pressed... could be used on any car. When the main body is first welded together.... could still be used on any car of the same type. When the body is first painted... starts to become a particular car as the bodies are painted to order.... or is it when final assembly of all the bits to make the final car starts.

At least when your order reaches 'Build week' you know it will be coming to a dealer near you very soon....
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

2nd Gear

Status
    When it's given it's vin number AT&T he start of the process