Badger5Chris Nott
Page 117 of 156 FirstFirst ... 1767107110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124127 ... LastLast
Results 4,641 to 4,680 of 6213
Like Tree3382Likes

Thread: 2013 Audi S3

Neutral

Status
    Few decent pics of my new red rocket.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...00&usp=sharing
    misthills, Lmg, gilesf and 1 others like this.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggyma89 View Post
    Is there a option to change the type/colour of break caliper. Saw pictures of a factory orders S3 that came with red calipers...not sure if it was from a different country...
    It is an option, you can order the calipers in an option of 3 different colours.

Reverse Gear

Status
    hi all ,
    i just realized that i dont have a temperature gauge , and it is quite difficult to know when i have reached teh safe zone to rev up the car. is there a temp indicator in the cars computer i havent been able to notice?

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Itguy View Post
    Also don't really want to use a car cover as they equally damage the paint with rubbing/flapping in the wind and can trap moisture too. All in all not an easy solution other than to pick the car up early. My wife bought a new Vespa last year mid August right before the 63 plate came out so I guess it doesn't really matter. Just annoying.
    Agree with this, would never use an outdoor car cover.
    Wind like we've been having and a collection of dirt under the cover on a black car will only end badly.

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow thedooker On Twitter Visit thedooker's Youtube Channel
    http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...3beachpic1.jpg

I couldn't resist this quick snap of mine. 240 miles in and I'm loving it so far
    J6YAK and Lmg like this.
    S3, Ice Silver, Black Styling package, Comfort Pack, Electric mirrors, Interior Light pack, Privacy Glass, SD Sat Nav, B&O sound system.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by thedooker View Post

I couldn't resist this quick snap of mine. 240 miles in and I'm loving it so far
    Nice pic!
    thedooker likes this.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by gatuno12 View Post
    hi all ,
    i just realized that i dont have a temperature gauge , and it is quite difficult to know when i have reached teh safe zone to rev up the car. is there a temp indicator in the cars computer i havent been able to notice?
    There is no temp gauge only a warning light if it overheats - under the lap timer there's an oil temp which they say is the best way to gauge the water temp

to be honest it's the oil temp that's more important anyway

3rd Gear

Status

Ah the Aberdeen way, new car straight down the Bouley.........
    J6YAK and thedooker like this.

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by CraigI View Post
    Ah the Aberdeen way, new car straight down the Bouley.........

Of course. Get some trance on the B&O........

I have taken that same pic for dozens of cars now. It works well.
    S3, Ice Silver, Black Styling package, Comfort Pack, Electric mirrors, Interior Light pack, Privacy Glass, SD Sat Nav, B&O sound system.

5th Gear

Status
    I remember when I picked up my Leon Cupra R in 2005 there was the facility to reset the mileage once on day of collection back to 0 miles - so long as the delivery miles were less a prescribed number (I this it was 50 miles i can't remember exactly) - the dealer came out with me fiddled with the keys and the reset button and the odometer returned back to 0 miles.

When I picked up my old S3 Sportback in 2009 I specifically asked the dealer not to prepare the outside of the car and leave the protection on, wrapping the lot and was going to have it prepared properly. Guess what happened on day of pick up -"your cars all washed and ready for you sir" I was not happy - but it's hard to get away from the excitement of picking up your new car on the day.
    Paul R

S3 Sportback - Sprint, Buckets, Bose, Rain & light, Alu rails, Piano trim, FT Warning, Bluetooth prep
    S3's now sold - roll on the Golf MK1 Project

3rd Gear

Status
    Of course. Get some trance on the B&O........

I have taken that same pic for dozens of cars now. It works well.
    Certainly a good pic.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks43 View Post
    There is no temp gauge only a warning light if it overheats - under the lap timer there's an oil temp which they say is the best way to gauge the water temp

to be honest it's the oil temp that's more important anyway
    excellent that was exactly what i was looking for, my mk6 had the oil temp which was very useful to know when the car had heated up properly to revv it .
    thanks for ur answer!

Reverse Gear

Status
    hi all... jsut to add some expereince about my car.

been almost a month nd a half since i got the car.. it just got 2k kilometers in teh dial, its summer time here so its quite nice weather to drive a round a lot.
    i am quite impressed about the car by now.. even better by some of the things i was expecting like understeer, which has been almost solved, the front wont go unless ur doing something really silly , now u can feel the back trying to slide and its rapidly corrected. really nice car to drive. yesterday i used the launch control , and it amazed me how the computer will match precisely the claimed 0 to 62 times.(4.8)
    car is silent .. composed the engine noise is amazing , its making me burn much more petrol than i want to just by listening the noise engine .. damn addictive . now im controloing myself a bit and putting the car in economy mode more often.

im really happy eith the car. its is relevant to say that i tried both the M135i and the a45 before purhasing .. and drove them both for a day so i could make the decision. the M135 was really nice about the engine, every thing else wasnt up to the competitors, like for example the interior, awd also makes quite a difference when u get a car that has the nose controlled. the a45 ... damn thats even faster and the sound of the engine is even madder, but perhaps to loud , quite faster and breaks are better when warmed ... what i didnt like about the a45 was the suspension which definitevely is not designed for every day driving.

i am happy about my decision and kept 14k dollars over the a45 and 4k over the m135,

congratulations to u all that have a new s3 , its a blast!
    Ecosphere, bleedsoff, Lmg and 1 others like this.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesf View Post
    Really surprised about the phone box not working with iPhones, just switching to an iPhone from a Nokia so that's annoying, have Audi commented at all?
    Yes the salesman told me that apple don't want they're software tampering with and apparently to do this they would have to let audi in on they're secrets! Glad I didn't pay the £350 for it!

5th Gear

Status
    Ok, have seen the axe and will post up pics a bit later.

Think I'm taking my chances and waiting until 1st march. Dealer has committed to me that it will not be driven by anyone else and will be looked after in the meantime, he knows I'm fussy and will go over with fine tooth comb on collection. Got photo of dash and paperwork stating current mileage too so can argue on collection if not within a few miles.

A teaser for now - auto dimming door mirror vid; S3 8v dimming mirror - YouTube
    Louay and Lmg like this.
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by rams_s3 View Post
    Looks nice in the silver with black optics!..picked mine up yesterday needs a quick rinse of and I'll post pics! Can't believe Audi phone box doesn't work with iPhones! Love every other bit of it though so far.

Lmg likes this.

Banned

Status
    Looks great, don't you have Euro plates up north, makes cars look more modern IMHO and avoids GB stickers.
    gilesf likes this.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    Looks great, don't you have Euro plates up north, makes cars look more modern IMHO and avoids GB stickers.
    Euro plates are sooooo chavvy, not required on upper class cars like Audi's and tend to be put on cars by people who vote Tory and shop in Tesco.........

J6YAK likes this.

2nd Gear

Status

That looks amazing mate!! Did you take the pic? Looks very professional
    Here at last: MY14 S3 Sportback, Manual, Estoril Blue, Rails, SS Seats, LED Headlights, Interior LED pack, Privacy glass, Comfort pack, Audi Sound System, Black Inlays.
    Just gone: MY13 Audi TT 2.0 TDI Quattro Amplified Black Edition, Misano Red, Privacy glass, Sat nav
    Previous : MY12 A3 2.0TDI Quattro Black Edition, Misano Red, Bose, Full Leather, Privacy glass

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by J6YAK View Post
    That looks amazing mate!! Did you take the pic? Looks very professional

Yeah I took it last night. I am a bit of a camera buff (hobby not anywhere near pro though). Can easy do one for you if you want.

2nd Gear

Status
    Yeah I took it last night. I am a bit of a camera buff (hobby not anywhere near pro though). Can easy do one for you if you want.
    That would be awesome if you could mate, get my S3 in a couple of weeks
    Here at last: MY14 S3 Sportback, Manual, Estoril Blue, Rails, SS Seats, LED Headlights, Interior LED pack, Privacy glass, Comfort pack, Audi Sound System, Black Inlays.
    Just gone: MY13 Audi TT 2.0 TDI Quattro Amplified Black Edition, Misano Red, Privacy glass, Sat nav
    Previous : MY12 A3 2.0TDI Quattro Black Edition, Misano Red, Bose, Full Leather, Privacy glass

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by rams_s3 View Post
    Yes the salesman told me that apple don't want they're software tampering with and apparently to do this they would have to let audi in on they're secrets! Glad I didn't pay the £350 for it!
    Thanks, typical apple I would say.

I'm going to remove it from my order, considering adding extended mono pur, anyone got that or know whether it's worth adding please? Read the brochure and still don't fully get what it adds tbh.
    NOW DRIVING: Glacier white S3 SB, pano roof, C0Z alloys, parade red leather, tyre pressure monitor, through load, technology pack, privacy glass, interior light pack, folding door mirrors, adaptive cruise, audi sound system, parking system plus, aly roof rails, light & rain sensors, xenon plus headlights.

Banned

Status
    Euro plates are sooooo chavvy, not required on upper class cars like Audi's and tend to be put on cars by people who vote Tory and shop in Tesco.........

Well maybe I'm the odd one out . Don't vote Tory and shop in Waitrose.

Have to say going to Europe regularly they avoid the faff of GB stickers. Does seem that loads of BMW and Audi from Yorkshire and Scotland have plain plates!

1st Gear

Status
    Well I do neither of those things but will have nice Euro plates on mine, can't understand why you wouldn't put them on TBH and they should be compulsory IMHO. Should I decide to have a blast on the autobahn, no crappy stickers needed :D
    Arrived: MY14 S3 Sportback (Ordered 4th Jan, build week 12 (was 13), collected 23rd April), Manual, Monsoon Grey, Black Alcantara, LED Headlights, Interior Light Pack, Comfort Pack, Audi Sound System, ACC, Parking System Plus, Tech Pack, Electronic Folding & Heated Mirrors, Through Load

1st Gear

Status

Have to say going to Europe regularly they avoid the faff of GB stickers. Does seem that loads of BMW and Audi from Yorkshire and Scotland have plain plates!
    I avoid politics on the net, but I shop at Tesco out of necessity! I'm near Manchester as it happens and always put euro plates on too, definitely don't want stickers on the paintwork!!
    NOW DRIVING: Glacier white S3 SB, pano roof, C0Z alloys, parade red leather, tyre pressure monitor, through load, technology pack, privacy glass, interior light pack, folding door mirrors, adaptive cruise, audi sound system, parking system plus, aly roof rails, light & rain sensors, xenon plus headlights.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 0B1001001 View Post
    Well I do neither of those things but will have nice Euro plates on mine, can't understand why you wouldn't put them on TBH and they should be compulsory IMHO. Should I decide to have a blast on the autobahn, no crappy stickers needed :D
    Not for me I'm afraid, they make the plates look lop sided and poorly fitted, I've never been a fan of them.

you can always put a temporary sticker on the window!

4th Gear

Status
    In 2 minds about this. Never had them before but would like to maybe this time. Oh and shop at Sainsbury's because I work there and just to keep the discussion frothy and light ;-)

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesf View Post
    Thanks, typical apple I would say.

I'm going to remove it from my order, considering adding extended mono pur, anyone got that or know whether it's worth adding please? Read the brochure and still don't fully get what it adds tbh.
    Have it in my A1 and ordered it for my S3.

It's like a soft textured / rubberised material that's on the door arm rests and the centre console towards the foot wells. Well worth the money as makes the cabin feel even more special / up market. Didn't pay for it on my A1 as standard with the 185 engine - now wouldn't buy and Audi with out it. Also much more hard wearing / scratch proof compared to the standard plastic they use with out mono our.

Help that helps.
    S3 Sportback S-Tronic - Amalfi White, Comfort Pack, LED headlights, LED interior lights, High-beam assist, hill hold assist, privacy glass, mono-pur, folding mirrors, TPMS, Audi sound system and black Alacantra. Built week 17. Arrived 17/05/14. Wow......just wow

5th Gear

Status
    Ok, got home and have uploaded some pics.

Car is dusty dirty, car got its wheels dirty when reversing off the transporter and being driven into the dealer. Flood water had pooled on a corner making a mud bath!

And interestingly - my car has come delivered with the rocket launcher rather than that nasty looking black panel ACC Radar Sensor - is it just pot luck as to what you get?! I ordered standard ACC with lane assist. I didn't order the driver assistance package with the enhanced speed for ACC.

Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

4th Gear

Status
    What's the finish of the paint like? Any noticeable swirls visible even if quite hard to distinguish if car was dirty but the sun would have helped identify them if any?

3rd Gear

Status
    Double post.
    Last edited by CraigI; 11th January 2014 at 17:46.

3rd Gear

Status
    Ok, got home and have uploaded some pics.

Car is dusty dirty, car got its wheels dirty when reversing off the transporter and being driven into the dealer. Flood water had pooled on a corner making a mud bath!

And interestingly - my car has come delivered with the rocket launcher rather than that nasty looking black panel ACC Radar Sensor - is it just pot luck as to what you get?! I ordered standard ACC with lane assist. I didn't order the driver assistance package with the enhanced speed for ACC.

People been in the back?????
    Head rest has been adjusted.

You are brave leaving it with them for so long, hope they keep it clean and don't add many more miles.
    Good luck!

Looks good though, just missing roof bars to finish it off.

5th Gear

Status
    We had a go in the back so that was us.

Couldn't see any swirls on it, it looked very good actually. Some obvious water marks on the windows where it must have been sitting on the transporter / train / ferry etc but really it just looked like a dirty car that had been in transit (as it has!).

Everything should be fine and if it's not they can fix it. They instilled confidence in me and didn't pressure me either way to take it early or late.

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    God that looks like a right mess, I'd be taking it off them ASAP!!
    CraigI likes this.
    S3 8V Sportback Stronic, Estoril Blue Crystal Effect, Black Interior, Adaptive Cruise with Stop & Go & Pre Sense, Super Sports Seats with Electric Lumber, LED Headlights, Interior Lighting Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy Glass, Comfort Package, Technology Package with Audi Connect, Advance Key, Folding Door Mirrors, Extended Mono.Pur Interior, Front and Rear Parking Sensors, Audi Sound System.

Build Thread Here!

3rd Gear

Status
    We had a go in the back so that was us.

Couldn't see any swirls on it, it looked very good actually. Some obvious water marks on the windows where it must have been sitting on the transporter / train / ferry etc but really it just looked like a dirty car that had been in transit (as it has!).

Everything should be fine and if it's not they can fix it. They instilled confidence in me and didn't pressure me either way to take it early or late.
    I wouldn't trust them to be able to fix paint imperfections. They don't use high quality valet service.
    I also find that you will miss things on collection (excitement takes over) and wouldn't spot certain things until the first time you wash and dry by hand (too late).

Are you letting them wash it before collection?
    8/9 weeks of filth being washed off a black car by the Audi valet is a horrifying prospect.

If it's any consolation the valet in Aberdeen did a good job on mine, with only a minor swirl on the roof (which I had my detailer sort), but that was waiting for less than a week post transport.

As I said brave to trust these guys, the effort car manufacturers put in to hand-over car cleaning is generally appalling, especially considering the cost of these cars, perhaps you'll have a good un.
    Silky-S3 likes this.

5th Gear

Status
    Fingers crossed!
    Louay likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulp84 View Post
    Have it in my A1 and ordered it for my S3.

It's like a soft textured / rubberised material that's on the door arm rests and the centre console towards the foot wells. Well worth the money as makes the cabin feel even more special / up market. Didn't pay for it on my A1 as standard with the 185 engine - now wouldn't buy and Audi with out it. Also much more hard wearing / scratch proof compared to the standard plastic they use with out mono our.

Help that helps.
    Cheers for that, definitely helps, will delete the phone box and add mono pur to my order.

Quote Originally Posted by Silky-S3 View Post
    God that looks like a right mess, I'd be taking it off them ASAP!!
    It will probably look a lot worse after it's been driven on the roads this time of year.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

2nd Gear

Status

I like plain plates the best but each to their own

Banned

Status
    I suppose you folks are so far from Europe you don't drive there as often as we do !