EM TuningChris Nott
Page 116 of 153 FirstFirst ... 1666106109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123126 ... LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,640 of 6102
Like Tree3306Likes

Thread: 2013 Audi S3

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Louay View Post
    That certainly is going to be a rare colour.
    Louay likes this.
    Last Car A5 Coupe 1.8 Sport,
    Current car 3 Door A1 1.4 (185) S line - Misano Red with contrast line, arm rest, 18" sline alloys, Xenon, Climate, tyre pressure monitor
    Next Car 3 Door S3 Stronic - Estoril Blue, Comfort Pack, LED Headlights, mono.pur, heated folding mirrors, AHH, B&O, parking plus, lighting pack, tyre pressure monitor

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Cumbrian_bob View Post
    That certainly is going to be a rare colour.
    Porsche green.

1st Gear

Status
    Viper Green is not that fluorescent.

That's horrible.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan_G View Post
    Viper Green is not that fluorescent.

That's horrible.
    Only quoting the advert.

1st Gear

Status
    Sorry, no offence intended.
    Louay likes this.

Neutral

Status
    Is there a option to change the type/colour of break caliper. Saw pictures of a factory orders S3 that came with red calipers...not sure if it was from a different country...

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggyma89 View Post
    Is there a option to change the type/colour of break caliper. Saw pictures of a factory orders S3 that came with red calipers...not sure if it was from a different country...
    Customers in Europe and I believe Australasia can sadly not available to UK customers.

Neutral

Status
    Customers in Europe and I believe Australasia can sadly not available to UK customers.
    Thanks for the info. Gutted they looked really cool!

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mickbrown View Post
    I took delivery of my misano red sportback today. Just wanted to say that this thread has been incredibly helpful in passing the 5 months since my order.

Pics to follow.
    Note absence of S/steel footrest. Any more news on this? Any news from dealers?

3rd Gear

Status
    Note absence of S/steel footrest. Any more news on this? Any news from dealers?
    I was told that mine would have it for March - Build Week 5 - Although the message was Audi sales rang confirming S/Steel Pedals and Footrest but they could have been reading that out of the brochure

No S3 on the key either apparently

Neutral

Status
    Right hand drive don't and probably never will have aluminium footrests because of the shape of the foot rest.

3rd Gear

Status
    Right hand drive don't and probably never will have aluminium footrests because of the shape of the foot rest.
    Sadly despite being told mine will, I think you will probably be right

S3 on the key can't be to difficult to sort out though
    Last edited by Sparks43; 10th January 2014 at 16:57.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by trs888 View Post
    They are the standard s3 wheels are they not?
    S-line wheels on the red sportback I believe, although they might be standard in Oz?

The 3 door silver above has the standard (best) S3 wheels in UK.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyb View Post
    Quick note on the handling of the S3..

Gave it a proper thrashing in the last few days, and can only compare to the 8P S3 which were my last 2 cars, so any RWD or GT3 comments need not apply..

The car is simply a HUGE step up from the 8P chassis, the steering feel is excellent in comparison and the understeer is actually minimal, in fact the car actually has a tendency for the back end to kick out first then correct itself very quickly, very smile enducing!!

The grip is awesome even on my 19" extractor fans..

All in all i would say that the car has probably been given an unfair and bad reputation in the last few weeks with regards to what it can do, because if you can gain perspective as to what the car is (read: not an RS) - this car is immense!
    I will never consider the S3 as even close to being immense, but then as you've said you are comparing to the old S3 so it very well may be when that's the benchmark.
    It's all relative based upon what you are used to, what you've had before and what your driving desires are so we all have different comparators and expectations.

I do quite like it though, it's capable as a day to day machine, and I love the way it looks, so it will do me for my family wagon!
    Good point and squirt car, and certainly more lively than the S5 I got rid of for the S3.
    Last edited by CraigI; 10th January 2014 at 18:28.
    Silky-S3 and Marky142 like this.

Reverse Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Visit Verse1's Instagram Channel
    Nice pick up mate, i think i liked about 5 of your pics on instagram haha

First impressions are: Wow.
    2001 S4 Merlin Pearl - MTM Stage1 Tune - MTM Cat back - ST Coilovers

Reverse Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Visit Verse1's Instagram Channel
    From what i've seen on the Audi website we don't have the option for the Black exterior package here in Aus. Its a damn shame too as it looks magnificent!

Quote Originally Posted by thedooker View Post
    Attachment 25539Attachment 25539

Here is a quick pic of her just after I parked on my driveway.

I must say that Aberdeen Audi were fantastic. They let me have the handover booth to myself to wax the car! they are also going to swap my plates for me when the private plate transfer goes through. Brilliant service
    thedooker likes this.
    2001 S4 Merlin Pearl - MTM Stage1 Tune - MTM Cat back - ST Coilovers

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by thedooker View Post
    Attachment 25539Attachment 25539

Here is a quick pic of her just after I parked on my driveway.

I must say that Aberdeen Audi were fantastic. They let me have the handover booth to myself to wax the car! they are also going to swap my plates for me when the private plate transfer goes through. Brilliant service
    Looks great, nice choice, enjoy!
    thedooker likes this.
    S3 Sportback, Estoril blue, S-Tronic. Lunar Silver Nappa, comfort pack, shiny rails, privacy, SD card nav, hill hold, high beam assist, interior light package, folding/dimming/dipping mirrors

1st Gear

Status
    Looks nice in the silver with black optics!..picked mine up yesterday needs a quick rinse of and I'll post pics! Can't believe Audi phone box doesn't work with iPhones! Love every other bit of it though so far.
    thedooker likes this.

5th Gear

Status
    First pics of my car at the dealer!

Look at that lovely Panther colour change

Going to see it today in the flesh so can get better pics.
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by rams_s3 View Post
    Looks nice in the silver with black optics!..picked mine up yesterday needs a quick rinse of and I'll post pics! Can't believe Audi phone box doesn't work with iPhones! Love every other bit of it though so far.
    Really surprised about the phone box not working with iPhones, just switching to an iPhone from a Nokia so that's annoying, have Audi commented at all?
    Ordered: Glacier white S3 SB, pano roof, C0Z alloys, parade red leather, tyre pressure monitor, through load, technology pack, privacy glass, interior light pack, folding door mirrors, adaptive cruise, audi sound system, phone box, parking system plus, aly roof rails, light & rain sensors, xenon plus headlights.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Itguy View Post
    First pics of my car at the dealer!

Look at that lovely Panther colour change

Going to see it today in the flesh so can get better pics.
    Are you still waiting until 1st March?

I notice the plastic covering has been taken off...........

5th Gear

Status
    I know, not too happy about that as I specifically asked them to leave it on. Really not sure now and will be looking carefully as to how they are storing it today when I go over.
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

Neutral

Status
    I know, not too happy about that as I specifically asked them to leave it on. Really not sure now and will be looking carefully as to how they are storing it today when I go over.
    Looks like they made a test drive in the mud with it

Congratulations anyway!

5th Gear

Status
    haha probably. i'll see how many miles it has on but to be honest they've usually got so many S3s knocking around up there I'm not worried.

I suspect if I wanted them to they could PDI and prep ready for me to collect next Saturday... temptation!

Neutral

Status
    haha probably. i'll see how many miles it has on but to be honest they've usually got so many S3s knocking around up there I'm not worried.

I suspect if I wanted them to they could PDI and prep ready for me to collect next Saturday... temptation!
    Haha but... You got yours at least next week. Bit jealous

2nd Gear

Status
    Look at the front passenger tyre for an idea where they are storing it - dirty field, and with the amount if rain recently will be muddy.
    Also worth checking where that storage is in relation to your dealer - they'll likely have had someone drive it down to the dealer from there so you can have a look and will then drive it back up to there, adding miles, likely the dealer's most junior staff member would tge that job, being an S3 possibly driven with excitement...........

This might be a one off, but I also took someone's brand new A7 out for a test drive on trade plates, adding ten miles to that persons new car, and giving it a bit of a ragging, all because the dealer had no other demo available for me to test.......

These are some of the reasons I'd never let the car sit in Audi's "care".
    Yours will be there for 7 weeks........just get it now!

Car looks good though.

5th Gear

Status
    Well I'm trying to decide if I wait for a 14 plate, 1st March (don't really need the S3 yet as have a car I can use) or if I get it now!

5th Gear

Status
    Yes Craig that's all in my mind. I'm not overly worried about someone having given it some stick (as I'll be doing the same) but the potential outside storage is a worry. Will be talking to my sales chap today in detail.

2nd Gear

Status
    Yes Craig that's all in my mind. I'm not overly worried about someone having given it some stick (as I'll be doing the same) but the potential outside storage is a worry. Will be talking to my sales chap today in detail.
    The biggest worry for me would be bird ****, which would have been partially protected had they left the covers on......
    Good luck!

6th Gear

Status
    Just look at the difference in value between a 2011 January 60 plate S3 and an identical 2011 March 11 Plate. That should make your mind up. We have just sold our March 2011 car at a cracking price and are using a spare car for the 1000ish hours until 1 March. If I need a 'real' car I will hire one but reckon by selling early and registering 1 March we have got the benefit of a better price for old car and a higher value new car when it comes to selling. Quids in!!
    SOLD 0201204 8P March 2011 Black Edition 2.0Tdi170 Sportback quattro..lots of bits... Others in the Garage......
    Arrived 1 March 2014 ..Phantom 2014 8V S3 Sportback. lots of bits, Pano roof, Tech Pack.TPMS, WOW ;-)

5th Gear

Status
    Yep, bird lime is my biggest concern of waiting as the scenario I don't want is to go and collect it on 1st March, inspect the paintwork in the showroom and find that horrible lacquer etching that can occur under a heavy acid bird doodoo and then they say "ok we'll repaint it". On Panther, no thanks.

Trouble is I can't see the dealer being overly helpful in storing it specially for 7 weeks as it's probably in their interest for me to take it early and not take on 1st March.

Arghhh, what to do. This is going to sound a bit silly but;

1) I don't really want a 63 plate this late after it's come out
    2) I like the idea of having a week of glory of driving an exclusive car on a 14 plate
    3) 14 is a lucky number in our house
    4) The potential slight premium available at trade in is useful for it being a 14 plate rather than 63 plate (anyone have a copy of glasses guide tell me actually what this is?)

5th Gear

Status
    and I can't help think that I'm just overthinking the issue and it's such a first world problem (ie a non-problem)

3rd Gear

Status
    In my experience, and it's probably not what you'd like to here but the longer it is left at the dealers the more susceptible it is to damage and the occasional run to the local petrol station. My S3 8P SB came with a chip in the piano black insert of one the bucket seats, regrettably the car was sat at the dealers for longer than it should as I was abroad.

I empathise with your predicament as it's sad to think that waiting can cause so much concern but at the end of the day it's just a sale to some dealers, why have they taken the protective sheets off is inexcusable especially with the car being stored outside.

Suggest your dealer has some explaining to do and perhaps covering the car with an outdoor car cover from today that is if your willing to wait until 1st March. You could be rude and check YOUR order weekly? Not sure on what else to suggest.

6th Gear

Status
    You could buy a car cover and ask them to cover it up for you!! £50 ish
    Louay likes this.
    SOLD 0201204 8P March 2011 Black Edition 2.0Tdi170 Sportback quattro..lots of bits... Others in the Garage......
    Arrived 1 March 2014 ..Phantom 2014 8V S3 Sportback. lots of bits, Pano roof, Tech Pack.TPMS, WOW ;-)

1st Gear

Status
    When I bought my A1 they didn't have a 185 engine to try. Few weeks later had a call to say they had one in to have a go in. Arrived at dealer the next day and it was basically someone's order that they were in the process of getting ready. They stuck some trade plates on it and told me to do no more than 15 miles in it. Was just long enough for me to properly thrash it on a cold November morning.

It felt wrong doing it but it wasn't mine to care about I guess. I think it's just a standard way dealers operate - if by letting someone drive one in stock (that's waiting for customer delivery) they then get another order, they are happy.
    A1 1.4 TFSI Black Edition (185) S-Tronic with paddles - Amalfi White with lots of options.

Ordered - S3 Sportback S-Tronic
    - Amalfi White, Comfort Pack, LED headlights, LED interior lights, High-beam assist, hill hold assist, privacy glass, mono-pur, folding mirrors, TPMS, Audi sound system and black Alacantra. Build week 16. Early May delivery (hopefully). The wait is getting boring now......

Neutral

Status
    ITguy check the milage when you go to have a look and tell them you expect no more than a couple of extra mile when you collect in March. I need to check if my car is at the dealers, same build week as yours, I haven't heard from my dealer since I ordered!

5th Gear

Status
    Hmmm all of this makes worrying reading.

I'll look at the odo on it today to see what it reads but I was told it only arrived at the dealer yesterday so doubt it's been used for test drives as yet. It's not the thrashing that worries me its the thought of other people driving my car.

This is all pointing in one direction isn't it!

I do have a PP I could put on it to get round the 63plate "issue" (it's already on retention so would be quick)

5th Gear

Status
    Also don't really want to use a car cover as they equally damage the paint with rubbing/flapping in the wind and can trap moisture too. All in all not an easy solution other than to pick the car up early. My wife bought a new Vespa last year mid August right before the 63 plate came out so I guess it doesn't really matter. Just annoying.

3rd Gear

Status
    Hope all goes well itguy, you could achieve peace of mind now or restless sleep for a few weeks, let us know how you get on. All the best.

5th Gear

Status

Current plan in my mind, take delivery ASAP with my PP from new. Need to see what SWBMO thinks also though.