Monster MotorsportSky Insurance
Page 114 of 156 FirstFirst ... 1464104107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121124 ... LastLast
Results 4,521 to 4,560 of 6213
Like Tree3378Likes

Thread: 2013 Audi S3

Neutral

Status

2013 Audi S3

Ordered my brilliant black 3door s-tronic on the 12th December from dundee audi

Was told that my build week was on 17th march, not sure if this is build week 11 or 12...?

Big step up from my little manual 1.2 105ps A3 sline!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Anyone knows where they building the S3?

Neutral

Status

2013 Audi S3

Quick question about the s tronic. I understand the "P" "R" and "D/S" but what is the last selection at the bottom? (The arrow facing down)

Apologies if this is a stupid question... First time I've ordered an automatic
    Last edited by Ziggyma89; 7th January 2014 at 21:55.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggyma89 View Post
    Quick question about the s tronic. I understand the "P" "R" and "D/S" but what is the last selection at the bottom? (The arrow facing down)

Apologies if this is a stupid question... First time I've ordered an automatic
    i assume it switches between D and Sport mode. at thats what it does on my dads A8. You move it to D/S and usually will go into D. then move it down again should put it into Sport mode.

a8_shifter.jpg

3rd Gear

Status
    Not 100% as I've not really played with it, but if you slide the lever to the left whilst in drive, you activate the ability for a forward/back sequential style gear change.
    That's what happened in the S5, assume it's the same in the S3.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by boy1308 View Post
    Anyone knows where they building the S3?
    Ingolstadt - built on the same line as all the a3's

not just S3's that have long wait times -
    My mate ordered A3 TDI week after me as I told him about the long lead times and his build week is after mine
    IanYJersey likes this.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks43 View Post
    Ingolstadt - built on the same line as all the a3's

not just S3's that have long wait times -
    My mate ordered A3 TDI week after me as I told him about the long lead times and his build week is after mine
    Cheers mate. I think SB has longer queues than 3 doors. I ordered mine days before Xmas and mine will be build week 6. Fingers crossed

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by boy1308 View Post
    Cheers mate. I think SB has longer queues than 3 doors. I ordered mine days before Xmas and mine will be build week 6. Fingers crossed
    Yes it does appear that 3 doors are coming through quicker

Neutral

Status
    2014 Audi S3 review - YouTube

There's a grey s3 saloon on this video at 1:40. Anyone got any idea what colour it is? Could it be monsoon grey as it looks absolutely stunning.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by trs888 View Post
    i assume it switches between D and Sport mode. at thats what it does on my dads A8. You move it to D/S and usually will go into D. then move it down again should put it into Sport mode.

a8_shifter.jpg
    Thanks!

Neutral

Status
    Or it can be seen in this video? Monsoon grey?

2015 Audi S3 First Drive - YouTube

2nd Gear

Status
    Yeah think that's monsoon

4th Gear

Status
    To clarify on the S-Tronic

Pulling the lever down in the direction of the arrow once activates Sport / Dynamic mode, pull it down again and it goes back to Auto..

Whilst in D mode you can push the gearstick to the left and it puts it in Manual Mode, meaning you can either use the gearstick up and down to change gear, or of course use the paddle's...

Pull the gearstick back into position and it goes back to Auto mode...

All of this can be done at any point whilst driving or at a standstill, and if you need to quickly overtake just press the - paddle and off you go, you can then press and hold the + paddle for 2 seconds to make it go back to Auto..

In one word - the S-Tronic is Colossal...
    Glacier White S3 SB S-Tronic, Super Sport Seats, Pano Roof, Black Roof Rails, LED's, Interior Light Pack, B&O, Sat Nav SD Card, Advanced Key, Acoustic Rear Parking, Rain Sensor, ABT DR 19" Alloys

6th Gear

Status
    Does it go back to auto if you have used a paddle to overtake if you then don't touch a paddle for a while?
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    Does it go back to auto if you have used a paddle to overtake if you then don't touch a paddle for a while?
    yes, or did in my demo and I used that method while overtaking.
    2014 S3 Sportback 2.0 S tronic - Amalfi White, Alcantara, Alu roof rails, Audi sound, Comfort, Cruise, Folding mirrors, Hold assist, 3yr Service, LED Light Package, SD Sat Nav, Reversible Boot Mat.

Reverse Gear

Status
    So are LED lights now going to fall by the wayside for these laser lights?
    Audi's Sport Quattro Laserlight concept officially debuts at CES

Not quite my style (too rectangular) but we'll see how they look on other models, assuming the legislation permits them (USA doesn't)

Also announced is an upcoming Android-based infotainment system and also a tablet for backseat drivers
    The Audi Smart Display is a 10.2-inch Android tablet that lives in your car
    CES 2014: Audi Android tablet is designed for car use

4th Gear

Status
    Which do you prefer guys for an S3 SB E/Blue

these.....

amalfi_w562_silver-l.jpg

or these....

1.jpg

opinions welcomed, sensible ones though please pilot!

1st Gear

Status
    I personally don't like the bottoms ones at all. Too.....Nissan Skyline if you ask me. Top ones are nice though. Look like a PITA to clean though.

3rd Gear

Status
    top ones without a doubt.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ConS3 View Post
    I personally don't like the bottoms ones at all. Too.....Nissan Skyline if you ask me. Top ones are nice though. Look like a PITA to clean though.

thanks for the feedback Con, i like the bottom ones as they dont look to dissimilar to the ones available on the new RS6?

audi-rs6-avant-c7-v8-tfsi-de-23.jpg

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lecht_rocks View Post
    top ones without a doubt.
    thanks Lecht, hope your well? did you get my PM i sent?

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Kempysue on Facebook
    The dealer is trying to convince to me buy my new S3 on Audi Solutions rather than pay cash. Their quote is based on a ~50% depreciation after 3 years!! My sums (inc re-investing the cash elsewhere) come back as still £3-4k better off over 3 years by paying cash.
    Am I missing something!? How can effective £591 a month ever be cost effective??

Banned

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Kempysue View Post
    The dealer is trying to convince to me buy my new S3 on Audi Solutions rather than pay cash. Their quote is based on a ~50% depreciation after 3 years!! My sums (inc re-investing the cash elsewhere) come back as still £3-4k better off over 3 years by paying cash.
    Am I missing something!? How can effective £591 a month ever be cost effective??
    I'll send a PM
    Kempysue likes this.

Banned

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Louay View Post
    Which do you prefer guys for an S3 SB E/Blue

these.....

amalfi_w562_silver-l.jpg

opinions welcomed, sensible ones though please pilot!

Am I getting a reputation as the Forum comedian? The above looks OK... bit like standard S Line,, Don't like the others so deleted the pic!
    Louay and Joetidman like this.

Neutral

Status
    All the dealers I went to were quoting a depreciation of 50% but that was after 4 years...
    Kempysue likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggyma89 View Post
    All the dealers I went to were quoting a depreciation of 50% but that was after 4 years...
    I have just done a 'reverse engineer' of the sample Audi Solutions quote I did yesterday with my dealer and the Final Payment works out as 42.4% of the original purchase price after 3 years and 36.2% after 4 years. The residual value may be higher but what figure are they taking, dealer selling price, private selling price or trade-in value.

I have had eight A3s so far and I have had the last three of them for 2.6, 2.4 and 2.8 years and have got a trade-in value of 54%,52% and 53% respectively so 50% after 3 years seems a reasonable figure for them to take. The difference between the residual value and the final payment will be the amount you have available to put towards the deposit for the next car.

As you will always be paying a percentage (currently 6.6% apr) for the finance I cannot see how it can be cheaper than using cash unless you can find a way, in the present financial climate, of getting more than 6.6% apr on your cash. If they can tell you where you can to get a risk-free investment that currently gives this sort of return, I for one would like to know about it. The best I can get at the moment is 3% on the first £5,000 in my current account.
    the_lecht_rocks likes this.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    I have just done a 'reverse engineer' of the sample Audi Solutions quote I did yesterday with my dealer and the Final Payment works out as 42.4% of the original purchase price after 3 years and 36.2% after 4 years. The residual value may be higher but what figure are they taking, dealer selling price, private selling price or trade-in value.

I have had eight A3s so far and I have had the last three of them for 2.6, 2.4 and 2.8 years and have got a trade-in value of 54%,52% and 53% respectively so 50% after 3 years seems a reasonable figure for them to take. The difference between the residual value and the final payment will be the amount you have available to put towards the deposit for the next car.

As you will always be paying a percentage (currently 6.6% apr) for the finance I cannot see how it can be cheaper than using cash unless you can find a way, in the present financial climate, of getting more than 6.6% apr on your cash. If they can tell you where you can to get a risk-free investment that currently gives this sort of return, I for one would like to know about it. The best I can get at the moment is 3% on the first £5,000 in my current account.
    I think that this is right, but it depends what you do with your cash. I'm getting 3.2% on my PCP, and I'm getting much more than that with my money in the markets. If you only ever stick it in the bank as cash then yes, if you invest not necessarily
    S3 Saloon S-Tronic. Panther Black. Tech Pack, Super-sports seats, LED Lights, Comfort pack with Adaptive Cruise and parking plus, Folding mirrors, Bang and Olufsen Sound System, Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy glass, Tyre sensor, Boot Mat (Countdown Thread)

Previously 2.0TSi VW Scirocco

3rd Gear

Status
    markets can of course crash. cash is king on cars. paying interest on a depreciating asset is, irrespective of offset, a poor decision [literally].
    Kempysue likes this.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lecht_rocks View Post
    markets can of course crash. cash is king on cars. paying interest on a depreciating asset is, irrespective of offset, a poor decision [literally].
    I can see both sides of the argument but I always believe it is better to rent/lease/finance a depreciating asset and buy assets that gain value.

For example, it would be foolish for me to buy our S3 outright when that cash can be better spent on buying stock/expanding the business. That will allow us to make far money that the interest we pay on the finance.

There is no right or wrong way around it in my opinion. If I had £100k in the bank and thus could afford to invest/expand the business AND pay cash for the S3 I'd buy it outright. That said if I had £100k+ in the bank in clear cash I'd probably buy something better than an S3.

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Kempysue on Facebook
    Thanks guys. The dealer is trying to sell it as 'pay it off your mortgage and the money you save in interest for the remaining term of your mortgage out ways any interest costs by taking out finance'!!

Cash I think. Unless they offer me another couple of grand off the list price ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Joetidman View Post
    I think that this is right, but it depends what you do with your cash. I'm getting 3.2% on my PCP, and I'm getting much more than that with my money in the markets. If you only ever stick it in the bank as cash then yes, if you invest not necessarily
    The problem with 'getting money in the markets' is than to get a good return you have to accept a certain amount of risk. Being retired I prefer not to take risks with my savings as I have don't have the income to replace it.

Where are you getting your 3.2% PCP from. The current Audi rate is 6.6% APR
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Thanks guys. The dealer is trying to sell it as 'pay it off your mortgage and the money you save in interest for the remaining term of your mortgage out ways any interest costs by taking out finance'!!

Cash I think. Unless they offer me another couple of grand off the list price ;-)
    He may well be right, but personally I don't have a mortgage so I don't have that option.
    Dave R (h5djr)

3rd Gear

Status

Dealer will have an agenda, but you are definitely better using spare cash towards your mortgage.
    Just need to get the right monthly.
    Kempysue likes this.

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Kempysue on Facebook
    Mortgage rate is 2.75%. Equivalent dealer rate is more than that...

3rd Gear

Status
    Mortgage rate is 2.75%. Equivalent dealer rate is more than that...
    Yep, rate is low now, great time to pay it off.
    Could be back up to 5/6% in 5 years time, get it paid off as soon as you can.
    Paying a chunk off now will save you interest and you pay the mortgage off early, so save on monthly payments at the end of the term.
    Last edited by CraigI; 8th January 2014 at 19:51.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Joetidman View Post
    Is your 3.2 from Audi Finance?
    2014 S3 Sportback 2.0 S tronic - Amalfi White, Alcantara, Alu roof rails, Audi sound, Comfort, Cruise, Folding mirrors, Hold assist, 3yr Service, LED Light Package, SD Sat Nav, Reversible Boot Mat.

1st Gear

Status
    Confirmed picking mine up on Tuesday! So from a March delivery to next week I am well chuffed!
    gilesf likes this.
    On Order - Audi S3 SB S-tronic, Estoril Blue, Black Alcantara Leather, Aluminium Roof Rails, Advance Key, ACC, LED Lights, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Non-Smoking Pack, Parking System Plus, Reverse Camera, B+O Sound System, Electric Folding Mirrors, Privacy Glass, Electric Lumbar + Adjustable Seats, High Beam Assist, Hill Hold, Load Through, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Tech Pack High with Audi Connect!!!

Provisional Build Week 4!

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedsoff View Post
    Confirmed picking mine up on Tuesday! So from a March delivery to next week I am well chuffed!
    You lucky son of..... enjoy!

1st Gear

Status
    What's this gearknob? It's different from all others I've seen on the manuals!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2xTE0pbg1bc

1st Gear

Status
    As soon as my insurance cheque lands on my doorstep I'll be in mine in a matter of hours, the drive from bridlington to Huddersfield! Deposit paid and she's sat locked in the showroom looking the biz!