2013 Audi S3

Is anyone taking out Gap Insurance for their new car? I'd so any recommendations on who to use?

Went to Preston, Blackburn, Bolton, Manchester and no one would offer any discount. I use and have used Blackburn & Preston for servicing, and my A4 came from Blackburn. So in the end went with Kings Lynn and the 9% discount. It's not on the door step, but on £60 for the train to pick it up.

I'm over in Clitheroe. Only seen The Blackburn demo one round here, not seen any others.

Ditto - I asked Blackburn, Bolton etc for discount, some came back as zero, others would have given 3% so grabbed 9 at Kings Lynn and accept that it's a few trips to Norfolk as I'm part-exing my Q5. I'm in Glossop and work in Bury, haven't seen a single S3 on the roads round here yet either.

If anyone is interested there is a full road test of an S3 quattro 6-speed manaul 3-door in the January 2014 issue of Audi Driver magazine than arrived by post this morning.

If your don't have a subscription, single copies can be obtained online at: www.audidrivermagazine.co.uk. or 01525750500

Is anyone taking out Gap Insurance for their new car? I'd so any recommendations on who to use?

Stick with Audi for peace of mind .... but screw them down to a more sensible £200 !

Reactions: Kempysue
Lucky man!! I'm in shock, just heard from the dealer, expected build week is 19 - holy sh1t, I nearly fell of my chair. no idea why it's so long given that the order was placed late Nov, not very happy tbh.

Seems about right - I ordered last week of September and was quoted build week 9 for end of March delivery - 6 months

Yours end of November - Build week 19 starting 5th May - end of May delivery - 6 months

Should come in a bit mine has ended up as build week 5 confirmed so should be 1st March collection hopefully

If anyone is interested there is a full road test of an S3 quattro 6-speed manaul 3-door in the January 2014 issue of Audi Driver magazine than arrived by post this morning.

If your don't have a subscription, single copies can be obtained online at: www.audidrivermagazine.co.uk. or 01525750500

Can you post some edit highlights please Dave?

Seems about right - I ordered last week of September and was quoted build week 9 for end of March delivery - 6 months

Yours end of November - Build week 19 starting 5th May - end of May delivery - 6 months

Should come in a bit mine has ended up as build week 5 confirmed so should be 1st March collection hopefully

OK, thanks for that, sounded like a long wait but if 6 months is the average lead time then not too bad. March 1st will be round pretty quickly for you!!

OK, thanks for that, sounded like a long wait but if 6 months is the average lead time then not too bad. March 1st will be round pretty quickly for you!!

Hopefully - mind you January can be a long old month sometimes

It is a long wait to be honest - Does seem to depend on what dealer though some people are quoting ordered end of december build week 6 - 3 doors are coming through quicker as well apparently

Will be worth the wait, although I test drove it so long ago now I've forgotton what is what like which I suppose will make it more exciting

Hopefully - mind you January can be a long old month sometimes

It is a long wait to be honest - Does seem to depend on what dealer though some people are quoting ordered end of december build week 6 - 3 doors are coming through quicker as well apparently

Will be worth the wait, although I test drove it so long ago now I've forgotton what is what like which I suppose will make it more exciting

Yes, I saw that some have ordered in Dec for March del which is why I was surprised at May, but they seem to be the exception, albeit the lucky exception!! Jan is a bit of a crap month I agree, we'll have to content ourselves with other peoples images on here I guess, plenty of motors should start rolling in soon so I'm looking forward to seeing all the updates. I was warned that it could be min 6 months so knew what to expect. Agreed - I might just have to grab another test drive somewhere because mine was only for 30 mins so no time at all to get a feel for it, loved every minute of it though!

Yes, I saw that some have ordered in Dec for March del which is why I was surprised at May, but they seem to be the exception, albeit the lucky exception!! Jan is a bit of a crap month I agree, we'll have to content ourselves with other peoples images on here I guess, plenty of motors should start rolling in soon so I'm looking forward to seeing all the updates. I was warned that it could be min 6 months so knew what to expect. Agreed - I might just have to grab another test drive somewhere because mine was only for 30 mins so no time at all to get a feel for it, loved every minute of it though!

Mine was about 45 minutes I reckon, but that did involve going home to make sure it went in the garage and also the wife having a go

Haven't seen any around Essex yet only the demo which I drove and that looks like it might have been sold now as well

Whenever I go for a test drive I always ask to 'borrow' the car for at least 2-3 hours and sometimes all day. I have never been refused yet. The dealer needs both parts of my driving licence and then includes me on there insurance as though it was a loan car. The normal excess on their insurance is £1000 bur for £10 this can be reduced to £250 and in every case the dealer has paid the £10. I don't know whether it helps because I'm already driving an A3.

When I was chatting to my dealer the other day I told him that my wife had bought me a fridge magnet which read " Keep calm and Dream of an Audi R8". He said "I can arrange for you to drive one if you want to". So when the better weather comes.....

Reactions: cemerson
Whenever I go for a test drive I always ask to 'borrow' the car for at least 2-3 hours and sometimes all day. I have never been refused yet. The dealer needs both parts of my driving licence and then includes me on there insurance as though it was a loan car. The normal excess on their insurance is £1000 bur for £10 this can be reduced to £250 and in every case the dealer has paid the £10. I don't know whether it helps because I'm already driving an A3.

When I was chatting to my dealer the other day I told him that my wife had bought me a fridge magnet which read " Keep calm and Dream of an Audi R8". He said "I can arrange for you to drive one if you want to". So when the better weather comes.....

We couldn't do that as the vehicle hadn't been registered so we were on trade plate otherwise we would have had it for longer

you'll enjoy the R8 I drove the old V8 version a couple of years back - fantastic

We couldn't do that as the vehicle hadn't been registered so we were on trade plate otherwise we would have had it for longer

you'll enjoy the R8 I drove the old V8 version a couple of years back - fantastic

Have driven 4 different R8s one for half a day. The manual version is far more fun IMHO .

If would have to be s-tronic for me!!

Not bad but with all the power I found flappy paddle driving detracted from the fun... Took the route into wales M48/49 mentioned in other post.

Same has happened to me. Dealer quoted me week 8 or 11 and now been informed (after getting my deposit) week 18. He is very confident this will be brought forward 2-4 weeks once it's properly confirmed.

Weirdly the signed order form says expected delivery mid April.

Reactions: gilesf
Grrrr, dealer just called to say build week 19!!! From estimate of week 12 this is a blow, although he said it's come forward two weeks just this week, so here's hoping it comes forward more. Bit ****** off really but what can you do

Grrrr, dealer just called to say build week 19!!! From estimate of week 12 this is a blow, although he said it's come forward two weeks just this week, so here's hoping it comes forward more. Bit ****** off really but what can you do

Joe, cancel your order and buy a chevvy!!!!:racer:

Join the wk 19 club then!! Dealer said it would probably come fwd so any improvement on that is a bonus - worth the wait!

Reactions: Joetidman
Well I've just heard from my dealer (derby) that my car is now in the country and making it's way to them! Heck that's quicker than I expected. I ordered first weekend in October and got build week 1 (w/c 30th dec).

Just need to confirm with them that they'll be leaving all the protection film on just before it's Pdi'd ready for me to collect and that it won't be stuck in the showroom for grubby mitts all over it either.

Incidentally, the r8 is my wife's dream car (nothing to do with 50 shades obviously), I've got her an extended test drive booked on her birthday next Tuesday!

Reactions: J6YAK and Kempysue
Well I have had a phonecall today telling me that I cannot order an s3 in Daytona grey. Time for a rethink on colour. Any suggestions?

Well I have had a phonecall today telling me that I cannot order an s3 in Daytona grey. Time for a rethink on colour. Any suggestions?

Daytona Grey is an 'S-Line' only colour. Looking at a colour chart Monsoon Grey, metallic looks to be the nearest colour.

True, you're right, strictly speaking I could order it but I don't fancy paying £2k for a paint colour. Have had a look at monsoon and the colour/shine of it seems to vary so much depending on the picture.

I think you're right. A chap at work has a monsoon a5 tfsi and to be honest I've never really liked it, possibly as it parks next to a Daytona s-line 8v a3. How about silver?

I think you're right. A chap at work has a monsoon a5 tfsi and to be honest I've never really liked it, possibly as it parks next to a Daytona s-line 8v a3. How about silver?

Phantom Black ???

The dealer said there was barely any difference between the 2 colours and most people cannot tell the difference, but I'm still not sure. I've had silver cars for the past 13 years so was thinking of a change. I do like the phantom black, I'm just not sure I would ever be satisfied with the cleaning. I had previously considered estoril blue but again, the colour of that seems to vary som much from picture to picture.

That's one of the featured I think is special about estoril. You get such a varied look.

I saw panther black in the showroom on an a4 I think it was but personally didn't like the purple pinky glitter look of it. Might be different in the sunlight tho.