EM TuningMonster Motorsport
Page 113 of 153 FirstFirst ... 1363103106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120123 ... LastLast
Results 4,481 to 4,520 of 6085
Like Tree3298Likes

Thread: 2013 Audi S3

Neutral

Status

My Social Networking

Add Kempysue on Facebook
    Is anyone taking out Gap Insurance for their new car? I'd so any recommendations on who to use?

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by c.grex View Post
    Went to Preston, Blackburn, Bolton, Manchester and no one would offer any discount. I use and have used Blackburn & Preston for servicing, and my A4 came from Blackburn. So in the end went with Kings Lynn and the 9% discount. It's not on the door step, but on £60 for the train to pick it up.

I'm over in Clitheroe. Only seen The Blackburn demo one round here, not seen any others.
    Ditto - I asked Blackburn, Bolton etc for discount, some came back as zero, others would have given 3% so grabbed 9 at Kings Lynn and accept that it's a few trips to Norfolk as I'm part-exing my Q5. I'm in Glossop and work in Bury, haven't seen a single S3 on the roads round here yet either.
    Ordered: Glacier white S3 SB, pano roof, C0Z alloys, parade red leather, tyre pressure monitor, through load, technology pack, privacy glass, interior light pack, folding door mirrors, adaptive cruise, audi sound system, phone box, parking system plus, aly roof rails, light & rain sensors, xenon plus headlights.

S3 6-speed manual road test

If anyone is interested there is a full road test of an S3 quattro 6-speed manaul 3-door in the January 2014 issue of Audi Driver magazine than arrived by post this morning.

If your don't have a subscription, single copies can be obtained online at: www.audidrivermagazine.co.uk. or 01525750500
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Kempysue View Post
    Is anyone taking out Gap Insurance for their new car? I'd so any recommendations on who to use?

Stick with Audi for peace of mind .... but screw them down to a more sensible £200 !
    Kempysue likes this.
    2013 Audi S5 coupe estoril blue black edition

6th Gear

Status
    1263 hours to go ;-)
    Kempysue and Sparks43 like this.
    SOLD 0201204 8P March 2011 Black Edition 2.0Tdi170 Sportback quattro..lots of bits... Others in the Garage......
    Arrived 1 March 2014 ..Phantom 2014 8V S3 Sportback. lots of bits, Pano roof, Tech Pack.TPMS, WOW ;-)

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    1263 hours to go ;-)
    Same here then hopefully barring any problems - That sounds a lot better than 2 months!!

1st Gear

Status
    1263 hours to go ;-)
    Lucky man!! I'm in shock, just heard from the dealer, expected build week is 19 - holy sh1t, I nearly fell of my chair. no idea why it's so long given that the order was placed late Nov, not very happy tbh.
    Ordered: Glacier white S3 SB, pano roof, C0Z alloys, parade red leather, tyre pressure monitor, through load, technology pack, privacy glass, interior light pack, folding door mirrors, adaptive cruise, audi sound system, phone box, parking system plus, aly roof rails, light & rain sensors, xenon plus headlights.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesf View Post
    Lucky man!! I'm in shock, just heard from the dealer, expected build week is 19 - holy sh1t, I nearly fell of my chair. no idea why it's so long given that the order was placed late Nov, not very happy tbh.
    Seems about right - I ordered last week of September and was quoted build week 9 for end of March delivery - 6 months

Yours end of November - Build week 19 starting 5th May - end of May delivery - 6 months

Should come in a bit mine has ended up as build week 5 confirmed so should be 1st March collection hopefully

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    If anyone is interested there is a full road test of an S3 quattro 6-speed manaul 3-door in the January 2014 issue of Audi Driver magazine than arrived by post this morning.

If your don't have a subscription, single copies can be obtained online at: www.audidrivermagazine.co.uk. or 01525750500
    Can you post some edit highlights please Dave?
    SOLD 0201204 8P March 2011 Black Edition 2.0Tdi170 Sportback quattro..lots of bits... Others in the Garage......
    Arrived 1 March 2014 ..Phantom 2014 8V S3 Sportback. lots of bits, Pano roof, Tech Pack.TPMS, WOW ;-)

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks43 View Post
    Seems about right - I ordered last week of September and was quoted build week 9 for end of March delivery - 6 months

Yours end of November - Build week 19 starting 5th May - end of May delivery - 6 months

Should come in a bit mine has ended up as build week 5 confirmed so should be 1st March collection hopefully
    OK, thanks for that, sounded like a long wait but if 6 months is the average lead time then not too bad. March 1st will be round pretty quickly for you!!

3rd Gear

Status
    OK, thanks for that, sounded like a long wait but if 6 months is the average lead time then not too bad. March 1st will be round pretty quickly for you!!
    Hopefully - mind you January can be a long old month sometimes

It is a long wait to be honest - Does seem to depend on what dealer though some people are quoting ordered end of december build week 6 - 3 doors are coming through quicker as well apparently

Will be worth the wait, although I test drove it so long ago now I've forgotton what is what like which I suppose will make it more exciting

3rd Gear

Status
    Collecting ours Saturday morning from Kings Lynn. Can't wait now!
    J6YAK, c.grex, geefunk1978 and 5 others like this.

Shark Performance Lancashire Dealer

1st Gear

Status
    Hopefully - mind you January can be a long old month sometimes

It is a long wait to be honest - Does seem to depend on what dealer though some people are quoting ordered end of december build week 6 - 3 doors are coming through quicker as well apparently

Will be worth the wait, although I test drove it so long ago now I've forgotton what is what like which I suppose will make it more exciting
    Yes, I saw that some have ordered in Dec for March del which is why I was surprised at May, but they seem to be the exception, albeit the lucky exception!! Jan is a bit of a crap month I agree, we'll have to content ourselves with other peoples images on here I guess, plenty of motors should start rolling in soon so I'm looking forward to seeing all the updates. I was warned that it could be min 6 months so knew what to expect. Agreed - I might just have to grab another test drive somewhere because mine was only for 30 mins so no time at all to get a feel for it, loved every minute of it though!

3rd Gear

Status
    Yes, I saw that some have ordered in Dec for March del which is why I was surprised at May, but they seem to be the exception, albeit the lucky exception!! Jan is a bit of a crap month I agree, we'll have to content ourselves with other peoples images on here I guess, plenty of motors should start rolling in soon so I'm looking forward to seeing all the updates. I was warned that it could be min 6 months so knew what to expect. Agreed - I might just have to grab another test drive somewhere because mine was only for 30 mins so no time at all to get a feel for it, loved every minute of it though!
    Mine was about 45 minutes I reckon, but that did involve going home to make sure it went in the garage and also the wife having a go

Haven't seen any around Essex yet only the demo which I drove and that looks like it might have been sold now as well

Can you post some edit highlights please Dave?
    What do you want to know - it's 8 pages all together.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Whenever I go for a test drive I always ask to 'borrow' the car for at least 2-3 hours and sometimes all day. I have never been refused yet. The dealer needs both parts of my driving licence and then includes me on there insurance as though it was a loan car. The normal excess on their insurance is £1000 bur for £10 this can be reduced to £250 and in every case the dealer has paid the £10. I don't know whether it helps because I'm already driving an A3.

When I was chatting to my dealer the other day I told him that my wife had bought me a fridge magnet which read " Keep calm and Dream of an Audi R8". He said "I can arrange for you to drive one if you want to". So when the better weather comes.....
    cemerson likes this.
    Dave R (h5djr)

3rd Gear

Status
    Whenever I go for a test drive I always ask to 'borrow' the car for at least 2-3 hours and sometimes all day. I have never been refused yet. The dealer needs both parts of my driving licence and then includes me on there insurance as though it was a loan car. The normal excess on their insurance is £1000 bur for £10 this can be reduced to £250 and in every case the dealer has paid the £10. I don't know whether it helps because I'm already driving an A3.

When I was chatting to my dealer the other day I told him that my wife had bought me a fridge magnet which read " Keep calm and Dream of an Audi R8". He said "I can arrange for you to drive one if you want to". So when the better weather comes.....
    We couldn't do that as the vehicle hadn't been registered so we were on trade plate otherwise we would have had it for longer

you'll enjoy the R8 I drove the old V8 version a couple of years back - fantastic

6th Gear

Status
    We couldn't do that as the vehicle hadn't been registered so we were on trade plate otherwise we would have had it for longer

you'll enjoy the R8 I drove the old V8 version a couple of years back - fantastic
    Have driven 4 different R8s one for half a day. The manual version is far more fun IMHO .

Have driven 4 different R8s one for half a day. The manual version is far more fun IMHO .
    If would have to be s-tronic for me!!
    Dave R (h5djr)

6th Gear

Status
    If would have to be s-tronic for me!!
    Not bad but with all the power I found flappy paddle driving detracted from the fun... Took the route into wales M48/49 mentioned in other post.

1st Gear

Status
    Same has happened to me. Dealer quoted me week 8 or 11 and now been informed (after getting my deposit) week 18. He is very confident this will be brought forward 2-4 weeks once it's properly confirmed.

Weirdly the signed order form says expected delivery mid April.
    gilesf likes this.
    A1 1.4 TFSI Black Edition (185) S-Tronic with paddles - Amalfi White with lots of options.

Ordered - S3 Sportback S-Tronic
    - Amalfi White, Comfort Pack, LED headlights, LED interior lights, High-beam assist, hill hold assist, privacy glass, mono-pur, folding mirrors, TPMS, Audi sound system and black Alacantra. Build week 16. Early May delivery (hopefully). The wait is getting boring now......

3rd Gear

Status
    Grrrr, dealer just called to say build week 19!!! From estimate of week 12 this is a blow, although he said it's come forward two weeks just this week, so here's hoping it comes forward more. Bit pissed off really but what can you do
    S3 Saloon S-Tronic. Panther Black. Tech Pack, Super-sports seats, LED Lights, Comfort pack with Adaptive Cruise and parking plus, Folding mirrors, Bang and Olufsen Sound System, Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy glass, Tyre sensor, Boot Mat

Previously 2.0TSi VW Scirocco

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Joetidman View Post
    Grrrr, dealer just called to say build week 19!!! From estimate of week 12 this is a blow, although he said it's come forward two weeks just this week, so here's hoping it comes forward more. Bit pissed off really but what can you do
    Joe, cancel your order and buy a chevvy!!!!
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-line, - Daytona Grey, comfort pack, interior light pack , aluminium roof rails, Audi speakers, folding door mirrors, hill hold, sport suspension, no smoking pack.

6th Gear

Status
    I'll sell you mine on 1 March for list + 20%. ;-)

3rd Gear

Status
    I'll sell you mine on 1 March for list + 20%. ;-)
    Where's my wallet....
    S3 Saloon S-Tronic. Panther Black. Tech Pack, Super-sports seats, LED Lights, Comfort pack with Adaptive Cruise and parking plus, Folding mirrors, Bang and Olufsen Sound System, Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy glass, Tyre sensor, Boot Mat

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveotto View Post
    Joe, cancel your order and buy a chevvy!!!!
    Or I could buy around 4 of those new MG3's for the same price and have a different one each day!

4th Gear

Status
    Or I could buy around 4 of those new MG3's for the same price and have a different one each day!
    4 day week, I am in the wrong job!!!
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-line, - Daytona Grey, comfort pack, interior light pack , aluminium roof rails, Audi speakers, folding door mirrors, hill hold, sport suspension, no smoking pack.

6th Gear

Status
    Apart from Thursday, Friday & Saturday!;-)

1st Gear

Status
    Join the wk 19 club then!! Dealer said it would probably come fwd so any improvement on that is a bonus - worth the wait!
    Joetidman likes this.

3rd Gear

Status
    Apart from Thursday, Friday & Saturday!;-)
    I think those days I'd need a break from driving gutless MG3's
    PilotAudi likes this.

6th Gear

Status
    I think those days I'd need a break from driving gutless MG3's
    I will stick with our 42 year old Abingdon proper MG thanks!

5th Gear

Status
    Well I've just heard from my dealer (derby) that my car is now in the country and making it's way to them! Heck that's quicker than I expected. I ordered first weekend in October and got build week 1 (w/c 30th dec).

Just need to confirm with them that they'll be leaving all the protection film on just before it's Pdi'd ready for me to collect and that it won't be stuck in the showroom for grubby mitts all over it either.

Incidentally, the r8 is my wife's dream car (nothing to do with 50 shades obviously), I've got her an extended test drive booked on her birthday next Tuesday!
    J6YAK and Kempysue like this.
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

Neutral

Status
    Well I have had a phonecall today telling me that I cannot order an s3 in Daytona grey. Time for a rethink on colour. Any suggestions?

5th Gear

Status
    "Cannot" is a bit strong, you can but it will be expensive.

Monsoon then?
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

Quote Originally Posted by Palacemads3 View Post
    Well I have had a phonecall today telling me that I cannot order an s3 in Daytona grey. Time for a rethink on colour. Any suggestions?
    Daytona Grey is an 'S-Line' only colour. Looking at a colour chart Monsoon Grey, metallic looks to be the nearest colour.
    Dave R (h5djr)

Neutral

Status
    True, you're right, strictly speaking I could order it but I don't fancy paying £2k for a paint colour. Have had a look at monsoon and the colour/shine of it seems to vary so much depending on the picture.

5th Gear

Status
    I think you're right. A chap at work has a monsoon a5 tfsi and to be honest I've never really liked it, possibly as it parks next to a Daytona s-line 8v a3. How about silver?

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Itguy View Post
    I think you're right. A chap at work has a monsoon a5 tfsi and to be honest I've never really liked it, possibly as it parks next to a Daytona s-line 8v a3. How about silver?
    Phantom Black ???

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Itguy View Post
    The dealer said there was barely any difference between the 2 colours and most people cannot tell the difference, but I'm still not sure. I've had silver cars for the past 13 years so was thinking of a change. I do like the phantom black, I'm just not sure I would ever be satisfied with the cleaning. I had previously considered estoril blue but again, the colour of that seems to vary som much from picture to picture.

1st Gear

Status
    That's one of the featured I think is special about estoril. You get such a varied look.

I saw panther black in the showroom on an a4 I think it was but personally didn't like the purple pinky glitter look of it. Might be different in the sunlight tho.