Monster MotorsportChris Nott
Page 107 of 156 FirstFirst ... 75797100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114117 ... LastLast
Results 4,241 to 4,280 of 6213
Like Tree3381Likes

Thread: 2013 Audi S3

2nd Gear

Status
    Love those grey car pics! Great camera work and amazing car!!

So glad I ordered grey after seeing those

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bjorngra View Post
    Some new pictures.

I wanted monsoon but decided against it as we already have a Daytona S-Line, it looks amazing on those pics!

1st Gear

Status
    Max. Gross vehicle weight 1985 Kg. Is it this what you want to now?

Quote Originally Posted by lee_fr200 View Post
    thats gorgeous

can one of you do me a massive favour and look at your vin platee and let me know what the mvw (max vehicle weight) and mtw (max train weight)

thanks in advance
    Audi S3 Sportback | ProLine Plus | Stronic | Monsoon Grey | Panoramic roof | LED headlights | B&O | MMI Touch Plus | ACC | Alarm | Privacyglass | Keyless entry | Super Sport Seats | DAB | Heated seats | Camera | Magnetic Ride | Side Asssist

2nd Gear

Status
    And is there a max train weight mtw?

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by J6YAK View Post
    I've seen 2 Red (1 Audi demo) 1 Glacier 3dr, 1 Estoril 3dr and 1 Black 3dr( I think it was Aran383 but not sure?) all in Aberdeen
    If it had the black pack and was during the week then yeah it probably was me 😀
    Sold- Audi A1 1.4 TFSI Sport

Sold- Brilliant Black Audi A3 8V S-Line 1.4 TFSI, SD card based Sat Nav, Privacy glass, S-Line suspension, Hill Hold assist, Audi sound system, Parking system.

Now- Brilliant Black Audi S3 8V 3dr S-Tronic, SD card based Sat Nav, Privacy glass, audi sound, parking sensors-rear, Black styling pack, light and rain sensor pack, Tyre pressure monitor, Alcantara seats.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Aran383 View Post
    If it had the black pack and was during the week then yeah it probably was me 😀
    Yeh had the black pack, it was in Asda Bridge of Don Thursday or Friday late afternoon, I almost broke my neck looking at your car driving past.
    It looked real good all black!!

Are you enjoying it?
    Here at last: MY14 S3 Sportback, Manual, Estoril Blue, Rails, SS Seats, LED Headlights, Interior LED pack, Privacy glass, Comfort pack, Audi Sound System, Black Inlays.
    Just gone: MY13 Audi TT 2.0 TDI Quattro Amplified Black Edition, Misano Red, Privacy glass, Sat nav
    Previous : MY12 A3 2.0TDI Quattro Black Edition, Misano Red, Bose, Full Leather, Privacy glass

Neutral

Status
    Yeh had the black pack, it was in Asda Bridge of Don Thursday or Friday late afternoon, I almost broke my neck looking at your car driving past.
    It looked real good all black!!

Are you enjoying it?
    Yep that was most probably me! Was I driving that fast?! Haha thank you, been getting a lot of looks as I drive around, I've been loving every minute of owning it, almost hit the 1000 mile mark and I've only had it 5 days 😀
    How long till your in one?

Sold- Brilliant Black Audi A3 8V S-Line 1.4 TFSI, SD card based Sat Nav, Privacy glass, S-Line suspension, Hill Hold assist, Audi sound system, Parking system.

Now- Brilliant Black Audi S3 8V 3dr S-Tronic, SD card based Sat Nav, Privacy glass, audi sound, parking sensors-rear, Black styling pack, light and rain sensor pack, Tyre pressure monitor, Alcantara seats.

2nd Gear

Status
    Yep that was most probably me! Was I driving that fast?! Haha thank you, been getting a lot of looks as I drive around, I've been loving every minute of owning it, almost hit the 1000 mile mark and I've only had it 5 days 😀
    How long till your in one?
    You weren't going fast at all, I was waiting at the car wash to blast some fresh bird s**t off my TT which I had just washed earlier!! And you went past, I did put the window down to hear you (sad I know but haven't heard one in the flesh yet) but didn't hear much.

I realised it was you when I saw your pic you posted the other day and recognised the reg.

I was in past Audi today actually and mine is in production now, hopefully get it 3rd week in Jan.

I booked the demo S3 for a couple of hours on Monday just to keep me going.
    the_lecht_rocks likes this.
    Here at last: MY14 S3 Sportback, Manual, Estoril Blue, Rails, SS Seats, LED Headlights, Interior LED pack, Privacy glass, Comfort pack, Audi Sound System, Black Inlays.
    Just gone: MY13 Audi TT 2.0 TDI Quattro Amplified Black Edition, Misano Red, Privacy glass, Sat nav
    Previous : MY12 A3 2.0TDI Quattro Black Edition, Misano Red, Bose, Full Leather, Privacy glass

Neutral

Status
    You weren't going fast at all, I was waiting at the car wash to blast some fresh bird s**t off my TT which I had just washed earlier!! And you went past, I did put the window down to hear you (sad I know but haven't heard one in the flesh yet) but didn't hear much.

I realised it was you when I saw your pic you posted the other day and recognised the reg.

I was in past Audi today actually and mine is in production now, hopefully get it 3rd week in Jan.

I booked the demo S3 for a couple of hours on Monday just to keep me going.
    Oh I see haha, you probably didnt hear much because I didn't give anything then, not long to go then! Which dealer did you deal with?

2nd Gear

Status
    Oh I see haha, you probably didnt hear much because I didn't give anything then, not long to go then! Which dealer did you deal with?
    I always deal with Dale at Aberdeen Audi, he's a good lad and knows his stuff, what about you?

Neutral

Status
    I always deal with Dale at Aberdeen Audi, he's a good lad and knows his stuff, what about you?
    I always deal with Sean, He's a great guy also, funny you mention dale, he's the one who helped changed my order just before the deadline when Sean was off.

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow thedooker On Twitter Visit thedooker's Youtube Channel
    Looks like a few Aberdeen S3s on here then. I'm hoping mine is with the dealer very shortly, it was built in week 49 (2nd Dec).

Aran, did you get updates as to where your car was in the run up to delivery?
    S3, Ice Silver, Black Styling package, Comfort Pack, Electric mirrors, Interior Light pack, Privacy Glass, SD Sat Nav, B&O sound system.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by thedooker View Post
    Looks like a few Aberdeen S3s on here then. I'm hoping mine is with the dealer very shortly, it was built in week 49 (2nd Dec).

Aran, did you get updates as to where your car was in the run up to delivery?
    I Just had an email before the car was built, after that I had to make a few phone calls on the progress of my car, only took 2weeks to get to the dealer after build though!
    thedooker likes this.

3rd Gear

Status
    Cut and pasted from this months Evo magazine .....

Apologies if this feels familiar – and it’s as frustrating for me to keep writing it as it is for you to keep reading it – but the thing that really lets the S3 Saloon down is its steering. The electrical assistance has a nasty synthesised weight to it. It can be adjusted via the different ‘Drive Select’ programs, none of which give more than a fleeting impression of what the front wheels are thinking. There’s a predictable abundance of grip and the chassis has a nice, neutral balance at higher speeds, but the S3 Saloon follows (most of) its forebears in having absolutely no enthusiasm for exploring the area where adhesion starts to fade. The front runs out of grip and basically that’s your lot.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lecht_rocks View Post
    Cut and pasted from this months Evo magazine .....

Apologies if this feels familiar – and it’s as frustrating for me to keep writing it as it is for you to keep reading it – but the thing that really lets the S3 Saloon down is its steering. The electrical assistance has a nasty synthesised weight to it. It can be adjusted via the different ‘Drive Select’ programs, none of which give more than a fleeting impression of what the front wheels are thinking. There’s a predictable abundance of grip and the chassis has a nice, neutral balance at higher speeds, but the S3 Saloon follows (most of) its forebears in having absolutely no enthusiasm for exploring the area where adhesion starts to fade. The front runs out of grip and basically that’s your lot.
    Can't disagree with any of that were it being spoken of the Sportback.
    Not the end of the world, but definitely flawed and why, as a drivers car, it falls a little behind its competition.

Banned

Status
    What competition,
    O-60 5 secs
    40 mpg combined
    Circa 30k base price
    & it's an Audi

Where is the competition??

1st Gear

Status
    BMW M135i and MB A45 are the only prestige competition...??

First is excellent, but won't get me home in winter and specced up to the level of the Audi is more expensive.

A45 is too expensive and a bit 'blingy' for my liking. Plus it's a Merc so in 3 years time will have missing trim and broken bits.... Do they offer a 5 year warranty?

S3 is understated, practical and pretty nippy too.

Banned

Status
    BMW and MB are rubbish cars. BMW tacky interior and poor spec. MB.. poor quality Bling.. Prestige 5h17e !

3rd Gear

Status
    My S3 is speccd to the max, but it doesn't mean I can't criticise the base product nor am I a fanboy. I think some reality checks are needed here. If more people complain, perhaps audi may listen.....

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigI View Post
    Not the end of the world, but definitely flawed and why, as a drivers car, it falls a little behind its competition.
    To me I think the RS3 will be the car that's aimed at the "drivers car" segment, for me the S cars were the quick family cars that bridged the gap.

Thankfully I don't rate moto mag journalists as most have agendas. That said I'm sure they aren't wrong but they deal with limits that 99% of owners never will

3rd Gear

Status
    Kenny , I disagree. If the golf gti can get an elec diff to work on the GTi then audi must surely try harder. The understeer is disgraceful and the steering sh1te.

1st Gear

Status
    Running 225 tyres is a little odd too, that's a big drop from the 245s on my current A4 quattro....

Perhaps some of the understeer could be cured with wider profile?

Was that not the reason the last RS3 ran wider tyres on the front?

I might have to look for some 22" spinners.....
    the_lecht_rocks likes this.

3rd Gear

Status
    Fatter tyres in greasy conditions with the same kerb weight would equal even worse handling and understeer.. All it needed was a proper mechanical differential.

Wavetrac may be the solution if Graeme confirms availability !?

2nd Gear

Status
    it annoys me that ppl compare the a45 amg to the s3 theyre not on the same level

the s3 is on the level of the m135 and the a250 amg

the a45 is on the level of the rs3 and the 1m

rly does irritate me that they compare them all the time theyre not even the same level on price

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lecht_rocks View Post
    Kenny , I disagree. If the golf gti can get an elec diff to work on the GTi then audi must surely try harder. The understeer is disgraceful and the steering sh1te.
    Are we talking GTI performance pack here? I re king the s3 will be much quicker round dry or damp track! I still think the add IBS you are looking for point to the RS range rather than the S

2nd Gear

Status
    don't know if this is standard on a german car but this radio where the screen should be is HORRID! seems flat bottom steering wheel is optional. unless this is a pre-release photo.

this is from S3 Sportback
    Last edited by S3 TRS; 29th December 2013 at 20:14.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigI View Post
    I guess you mean Renault. I wouldn't worry my brother had a year old renault 19 16v. He bought it from a Renault main dealer. Great when it worked. He had it 6 months and it spent more time in the garage. The last straw was when the electrics cut out whilst driving meaning no power, no braking servo assistance and it tried to throw him into a ditch. It was so bad he rejected it and got his money back.

Also some poor guy on here had an astra vxr - quite nice looking car - bit silly with 280bhp through front wheels only, insane. think he has had 2-3 gearboxes in a few months and returned it then bought an s3 instead.

I have had plenty of Peugeots and Fords. Sure, they are better value, will probably corner better and ride better, may come with more kit, but they aren't made as well.
    Last edited by royalsteve68; 29th December 2013 at 20:41.
    Audi S3, Misano red, Stronic, ACC, Tech pack with Audi Connect, Comfort pack with park assist plus, though-load, aluminium roof bars, B&O, Led lights, Folding mirrors, Interior led lights, Hold assist, High beam assist, Pano roof, Privacy glass, Electric lumbar support

Reverse Gear

Status
    hahahaha that radio screen! Made me laugh. That is horrid.

@lee not really. The M135i and S3, yes do compete but not the A250. The A250 is for 125i and GTI.
    Which actually means Merc, don't have a car in this exact competition. So the A45 would be closest. IMO

2nd Gear

Status
    i know what you mean but the a250 is priced pretty muxh the same as the s3 and m135 ita just far weaker hence why mags compare the a45 instead

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan_G View Post
    BMW M135i and MB A45 are the only prestige competition...??

First is excellent, but won't get me home in winter and specced up to the level of the Audi is more expensive.

A45 is too expensive and a bit 'blingy' for my liking. Plus it's a Merc so in 3 years time will have missing trim and broken bits.... Do they offer a 5 year warranty?

S3 is understated, practical and pretty nippy too.
    Spot on. your point about the bmw is true as I specced one to a similar level to my s3 and it costs more, looks mega ugly and will end up in a ditch in winter which is the best thing for it. Some of these things are missed by reviewers and I am sceptical with reviews anyway as just bought an av amp and totally ignored what hifi.

Having said that there was a stonking deal on a deal site the other day where someone got 20% off list (i still wouldn't buy it!) but the best deal was for contract hire at an incredible £250/mth for 27+6mths and 10000pa
    Audi S3, Misano red, Stronic, ACC, Tech pack with Audi Connect, Comfort pack with park assist plus, though-load, aluminium roof bars, B&O, Led lights, Folding mirrors, Interior led lights, Hold assist, High beam assist, Pano roof, Privacy glass, Electric lumbar support

3rd Gear

Status
    It's been discussed before but 6-7% discount is easily available, although some have got 9%.

My car is build week 3, so arrives mid Feb and pick up March 1.

Getting quite excited.

Anyone having any insurance issues? I was amazed to find my insurance is going up by just £100.

Last month, James at Ascot said he could get me 8% off, but id already ordered in Reading at 6%, doh!!

Might be worth checking with him if you are near. No guarantees but worth a try especially at this time of the year. £900 is pathetic.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by lee_fr200 View Post
    On orange wheels you can get 3-4k off dealer supplied cars
    No chance - that's I guess about 15% off!!

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    What competition,
    O-60 5 secs
    40 mpg combined
    Circa 30k base price
    & it's an Audi

Where is the competition??
    Golf R, Boring BMW 135i and Expensive A45

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by trs888 View Post
    don't know if this is standard on a german car but this radio where the screen should be is HORRID! seems flat bottom steering wheel is optional. unless this is a pre-release photo.

Perhaps it's from the 'standard' trim level that I've seen rumoured, to slot in below SE at some point
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by trs888 View Post

Some of the very early A3's did come without a pop up screen. I remember seeing one, when they first came out!
    Not a option now.
    2014 S3 Sportback 2.0 S tronic - Amalfi White, Alcantara, Alu roof rails, Audi sound, Comfort, Cruise, Folding mirrors, Hold assist, 3yr Service, LED Light Package, SD Sat Nav, Reversible Boot Mat.

2nd Gear

Status
    Thank Christ it's fugly!

2nd Gear

Status
    Found these pics on a French forum, I think these wheels look far better than standard ones!!...............

2nd Gear

Status
    on an interior note, the boost gauge has replaced the engine temperature sensor. is there another way apart from sticking your head in the engine bay to see if its reached temperature?? like on the MMI?

1st Gear

Status
    I tried speccing a 1 series online but the configurator online wouldn't work - got very frustrated - it's not difficult to get it right for an Apple product BMW.....

One of the reasons I have bought yet another Audi.
    PilotAudi likes this.

2nd Gear

Status
    I tried speccing a 1 series online but the configurator online wouldn't work - got very frustrated - it's not difficult to get it right for an Apple product BMW.....

One of the reasons I have bought yet another Audi.
    i had a Audi A4 Avant in 2008, then went to VW to a Golf GTI. You can't beat audi for quality. (without spending over £100K.) It is a Premium brand after all.