2013 Audi S3

In the dealership now! Paperwork signed, free oil and Audi S leather keyring so far ;)

Love your dedication to this forum! haha Got time to post! I would have forgotten about everything, including breathing, little alone posting on a forum :drool:

Reactions: J6YAK and Leeber
Thanks :) Yeah had a few minutes to spare whilst he checked tyre pressures... All I can say is WOW!

Reactions: Kempysue, Joetidman, Duds44 and 2 others
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387813883144673ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387813890043465ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387813900346145

Reactions: Aran383 and Lmg
Thanks Guys... Should be interesting to keep clean seeing as it's Solid Paint ;)

I was very temped to order brilliant black after seeing it in the showroom but chickened out after seeing panther in the flesh

Reactions: GRE57Y
Thanks Guys... Should be interesting to keep clean seeing as it's Solid Paint ;)

It will be more difficult than Phantom for sure as it's less forgiving. Great to see a proper Black Black S3 ... Happy!

Reactions: GRE57Y
It will be more difficult than Phantom for sure as it's less forgiving. Great to see a proper Black Black S3 ... Happy!

Looks good... with everyone talking about other colours gave me second thoughts.... but no more, Solid black it is :)

Reactions: Solly1, GRE57Y and PilotAudi
Woooo, we love a cheap S3!!!

Audi seem to have done something right with marketing/extras, as there are a lot of people ordering or have got S3's that are far from cheap. But I'm with you, a S3 is still a S3 even it doesn't have all the bells and whistles on it.

Extras are always nice to have, but if your on a budget, a standard one is more than better enough!

Reactions: Lmg, GRE57Y and PilotAudi
Talking of saving money, I think I've seen every off the shelf colour ordered on here but I haven't seen any other Amalfi's. Anybody else seen one?

Talking of saving money, I think I've seen every off the shelf colour ordered on here but I haven't seen any other Amalfi's. Anybody else seen one?

Nope, hadn't even seen another S3 on the road... Until yesterday, the day I picked mine up and I saw an Estoril SB

Right, this is the problem with a) a long wait for my car to be built b) lots of folk talking about their lovely options on this forum. Having originally decided not to bother with any sound upgrade, I was suggested to at least add *** which I did. After a bit of reading of posts on this forum I'm going to adjust my order to add B&O....and interior light pack....and hill hold assist....hahaha by the time my car arrives it will have every bloomin option added at this rate!

Reactions: J6YAK
Pics to follow once I wash it, but have to say after driving 200 miles in it, it is a ridiculously good car! Leaves most things on the road standing and handles quite well through all weather conditions and road surfaces, was very impressed in the heavy rain yesterday.

Reactions: Joetidman, GRE57Y and Lmg
Right, this is the problem with a) a long wait for my car to be built b) lots of folk talking about their lovely options on this forum. Having originally decided not to bother with any sound upgrade, I was suggested to at least add *** which I did. After a bit of reading of posts on this forum I'm going to adjust my order to add B&O....and interior light pack....and hill hold assist....hahaha by the time my car arrives it will have every bloomin option added at this rate!

Joe,
Audi sound is good enough IMHO
Hold assist is a must
Interior light pack is a great finishing touch

Whatever you changed do it sooner rather then later before your order gets locked down

I was the same after reading about other peoples options on here, added the LED lights and the interior light package. Then tried to add the extended mono.pur a couple days ago but my dealer said I'm too late. Probably just as well, where do you stop!?

Joe,
Audi sound is good enough IMHO
Hold assist is a must
Interior light pack is a great finishing touch

Whatever you changed do it sooner rather then later before your order gets locked down

Some good advice Dave, will get onto the dealer

It's funny how people always advise what they've got.. Not sure that's always sound!!

Reactions: Kempysue, c.grex and Battlekrapz
Advance key. Had it on 3 cars only useful for remote cabriolet open/shut.
Park assist. Never trusted it
Other stuff is much down to personal taste and financial situation.

Just been to Wearside Audi as they have a S3 on the forecourt in Estoril blue. Colour looks good, different colours showing in the sun. Overall I felt a bit let down by the car, it looked just like my S-line but with silver mirror caps. I don't know if it's because it has S-line wheels on it, the standard seats looked good but I've ordered SSS.

I will go down again tomorrow and have another look round. I'm sure with the standard wheels, roof rails, privacy glass etc it will look a totally different car.

Just been to Wearside Audi as they have a S3 on the forecourt in Estoril blue. Colour looks good, different colours showing in the sun. Overall I felt a bit let down by the car, it looked just like my S-line but with silver mirror caps. I don't know if it's because it has S-line wheels on it, the standard seats looked good but I've ordered SSS.

I will go down again tomorrow and have another look round. I'm sure with the standard wheels, roof rails, privacy glass etc it will look a totally different car.

....privacy glass and quad exhausts, exhaust note, S3 branding and exclusive S3 colour and the 300 horses on tap, definitely not an Sline.

Reactions: bleedsoff
I like the subtle look of the S3! Don't really want it to stand out that much.

Reactions: Ecosphere, NotquiteWelsh and PilotAudi
I like the subtle look of the S3! Don't really want it to stand out that much.

Absolutely spot on bleedsoff. Nice Audis as they come out of the factory nothing OTT or poseresque for moi ;-)

Unlike B..... BMWs and Mercedes Benz.. OTT ****e IMHO.

Reactions: bleedsoff
....privacy glass and quad exhausts, exhaust note, S3 branding and exclusive S3 colour and the 300 horses on tap, definitely not an Sline.

As I said with the S-line wheels it certainly didn't look too dissimilar. I'm well aware what the the difference is, I have owned one or two Audis over the years.

I'm intersting to buy S3 for my next car and like to know all kinds of things about the car. One thing is tuning potential. ABT promises 370 hp and 460 Nm. I'd like to know if S-tronic is tuned with this same tuning set? I mean more quickly shifts and can handle more torque so it doesn't make so much down shifts when hit the pedal.

hey bud, thats the one i took a pic of. i agree about the wheels, most of the estoril blue pics I've seen had the S wheels on. makes the car look different. If you know your audis, then you would know that this isn't a standard colour that an s-line could have for a start so you know its an S3. no one in their right mind is gonna pay £2k for a custom colour on this car. not with any logic that i can comprehend. i was going to pop down today but I'm going tomorrow instead, as only got up about 10 mins ago! just writing this while waiting for my lemsip to cool down :yes:

Reactions: Louay and the_lecht_rocks
Thought i'd upload a pic of the car, hasn't been washed for a week and is filthy in this pic, i just liked the moody frosty lighting and the pano is covered in ice...

Looks pretty cool

Reactions: ~RS~, the_lecht_rocks, gilesf and 4 others
car looks good Johnny.. Drive looks in need of some attention though :-O
Definitely seen those wheels somewhere before....

Reactions: Johnnyb
car looks good Johnny.. Drive looks in need of some attention though :-O
Definitely seen those wheels somewhere before....

Looks like you and my drive share something in common then...

P.s. You can't have seen them anywhere else, you only shop in Waitrose...

Reactions: gilesf
Looks like you and my drive share something in common then...

P.s. You can't have seen them anywhere else, you only shop in Waitrose...

Both our drives are immaculate Johnny :)

+ I do buy my fuel at Asda!!