2013 Audi S3

Incorrect.

I was trying to say the colours in photos this time of year often taken on average cameras dont really show off the real colour of the car.

Strangley I havnt seen a colour I dislike on it yet, and I have seen a few A3s about now. But obviously estoril is better than glacier, because thats what I bought. I like misano as that was on my last car, but I wanted a change of colour this time.

My Car is Stronic, so it can be in hold assist and still in Drive select not neutral or park. You dont really need neutral or park to be used at all when driving in traffic.

So when its selected D for drive, and the ebrake is on, you press the throttle and the car promptly sets of with great gusto and a little surprise for the driver. I think this is only a risk with the Stronic boxes and stupid drivers who forget its actually in gear.

eh i thought D was for day time driving.....

BMW Auto complaint - YouTube

Reactions: Leeber, ivicyrusivi, Ecosphere and 3 others
My S3 has been brought forward from week 4 to 51 (so should have been built this last week) .. and now the wait begins :)

Reactions: J6YAK, PilotAudi and Kempysue
I was trying to say the colours in photos this time of year often taken on average cameras dont really show off the real colour of the car.

Strangley I havnt seen a colour I dislike on it yet, and I have seen a few A3s about now. But obviously estoril is better than glacier, because thats what I bought. I like misano as that was on my last car, but I wanted a change of colour this time.

Estoril was my first choice until i saw it on an S3 in the showroom and again a week later it was outside, for me it just looks too purple rather than blue, and quite dull unless in bright light, shame really because my last car was white and i also wanted a change...

I suppose the darker colours look classier and more subtle, but necause i'm still relatively young (compared to pilot anyway :) i wanted it to look as sporty as possible, the white achieves this by showing every line in pretty much any light..

Estoril was my first choice until i saw it on an S3 in the showroom and again a week later it was outside, for me it just looks too purple rather than blue, and quite dull unless in bright light, shame really because my last car was white and i also wanted a change...

I suppose the darker colours look classier and more subtle, but necause i'm still relatively young (compared to pilot anyway :) i wanted it to look as sporty as possible, the white achieves this by showing every line in pretty much any light..

My S3 has been brought forward from week 4 to 51 (so should have been built this last week) .. and now the wait begins :)

Hi Scott - I am in South Africa and had my build week 48. My car will be shipped from Bremerhaven to South-Africa on 2013-12-23. I see this Vessel will make a first stop at South Hampton to offload/upload cargo. If you have the VIN number of your car it would be possible to check if it is on this ships cargo list. How do you get your cars, by road or shipped ?

Hi Pieter, I don't have my VIN yet, but I know that my car won't be on that ship as mine will come into Grimsby from previous experience. Cheers :)

Hi Pieter, I don't have my VIN yet, but I know that my car won't be on that ship as mine will come into Grimsby from previous experience. Cheers :)

Ok just thought there might be a chance, enjoy the wait, I am expecting my S3 during the last week in January 2014. :icon_thumright:

Hi Pieterw, good to see another South African, im still on fence between the S3 and M135i, but should decide very soon!
Have you seen one in the flesh?

Hi Pieterw, good to see another South African, im still on fence between the S3 and M135i, but should decide very soon!
Have you seen one in the flesh?

Hi Harris
Yes I have on the Nasrec Motorshow October 2013. Absolutely amazing. I had a A Class Merc on order and cancelled once I saw the S3. The BMW is just not my style (I don't like the shape but this is personal taste) Read everything I could on the S3 and I am looking forward to be one of the first ones in SA to receive the S3 8V Sportback. Glacier White, Pano Roof, ACC, B&O Sound, etc

Reactions: gilesf, the_lecht_rocks and PilotAudi
Just trying to finalise my order.

Audi S3 sportback 2.0T (300ps) quattro
S-Tronic Transmission
Estoril Blue Crystal Effect Paint
18" '5-Twin-Spoke Star' Alloy Wheels
Fine Nappa Leather in Black (Silver Stitching)
LED Headlights
Technology Pack

Kind of not 100% on colour. Ive had a light blue audi a4, dark blue (lighter than estoril VW golf gti) so this would be the third in a row. considering monsoon grey or maybe white (solid) amalfi i think.

Waiting for the dealer to get back to me with build and delivery dates.

i hate waiting for things so this is really gonna suck!

haven't heard anything since friday from him so hoping to hear something monday.

Thom

Last edited:
24 hrs till I collect the beast.... Couldn't even sleep last night haha

Reactions: Lmg, J6YAK and Kempysue

S-Tronic Transmission
LED Headlights
Technology Pack

Kind of not 100% on colour. Ive had a light blue audi a4, dark blue (lighter than estoril VW golf gti) so this would be the third in a row. considering monsoon grey or maybe white (solid) amalfi i think.

haven't heard anything since friday from him so hoping to hear something monday.

Thom

Where did you order from?

S-Tronic Transmission
LED Headlights
Technology Pack

Thom

Go and look at a few Estoril Blue ones... Mrs was keen to try another Blue but even she didn't rate it that much... sticking with Phantom.

24 hrs till I collect the beast.... Couldn't even sleep last night haha

Lucky you mate just in time for Xmas, good prezzie to yourself tho!!

I'll have to look out for you on my travels.

What time do you collect the beast?

Reactions: Aran383
Yeah just drove up from London, gonna pick up the beast at 10 tomorrow morning, looks like another night without sleep even though I'm nackered! Will post pics up for sure!

Reactions: Kempysue and the_lecht_rocks
Estoril looks fantastic at night under sodium lighting. Looks too blue in sunlight. A nice colour if you're a fan if blue. I'm not.

Dead right Mr Lecht I do love a nice blue!! Can't wait till the Estoril S3's on my drive!!

By the way did you ever hear back from Akropovic on the exhaust front?

Oh hi everybody! I know it's been a week or so since I last posted but I'm planning on doing a decent review tomorrow. What with Christmas and working in retail I've been slightly busy the last few days but I shut down business on Friday and I'll have some time to contribute again from now on!

Reactions: Lmg, bleedsoff and Kempysue
Dead right Mr Lecht I do love a nice blue!! Can't wait till the Estoril S3's on my drive!!

By the way did you ever hear back from Akropovic on the exhaust front?

Not yet, but I'm in no hurry. I'm going to get the differentials sorted out first with eithevquaife or wavetrac and then fit the HFA. by then it'll be ready for the akrapovic and an induction system. That will be the limit of my modifications other than a possible remap if the differentials prove to work. If they don't harness the understeer then it'll stay in standard power trim.......

Loved the comment from the bloke who said it was driving style not the car that induced the understeer.... Rose tinted spectacles methinks. I know the car is flawed in standard trim, but I'm going to go with the deal and resolve the new s3 into a real all wheel drive weapon.

Just cleaned my A1 Black Edition out in preparation for tomorrow! Handover booked for 9.30am tomorrow! I cannot wait! Think I may be sitting outside the dealership before they even open! Haha! Hopefully, they'll have a nice little xmas pressie to go with it 'Tis the season after all...

Reactions: the_lecht_rocks
It's pretty much standard to be honest... Got Sat Nav thrown in though and went for Brilliant Black as colour choice. Whats yours?

Wish I could afford all the options I want but the basic car is at the top of my budget but I'm not too sad about it- should be an amazing car with or without.

Gresty

Reactions: Trickz, Joetidman, c.grex and 1 other person
Just cleaned my A1 Black Edition out in preparation for tomorrow! Handover booked for 9.30am tomorrow! I cannot wait! Think I may be sitting outside the dealership before they even open! Haha! Hopefully, they'll have a nice little xmas pressie to go with it 'Tis the season after all...

I'm so jealous it's making my teeth ache :) hope pickup all goes well!

I'm so jealous it's making my teeth ache :) hope pickup all goes well!

Thanks Joe, I was having a look to find out what things I need to make sure its all done properly.

When are you expecting yours? Your spec looks good!

Thanks Joe, I was having a look to find out what things I need to make sure its all done properly.

When are you expecting yours? Your spec looks good!

Not until April :( my wife is already sick of me talking about it and there's a long way to go lol

Not until April :( my wife is already sick of me talking about it and there's a long way to go lol

That seems to be a theme... but in our case in theory it's her new car!!

Reactions: Joetidman and GRE57Y
and to think I've no one to share the excitement with... Pretty sure they'd be sick of me now though!

Is that your own car in your DP? If it is I found it on Google and its my background on my phone! Great Picture!

Oh hi everybody! I know it's been a week or so since I last posted but I'm planning on doing a decent review tomorrow. What with Christmas and working in retail I've been slightly busy the last few days but I shut down business on Friday and I'll have some time to contribute again from now on!

Looking forward to your review Paul and some more pics if you can :s3addict:

Go and look at a few Estoril Blue ones... Mrs was keen to try another Blue but even she didn't rate it that much... sticking with Phantom.

went to audi wearside today in sunderland. they had this in the car park

IMG 2086 zps3cf83d9e

looked amazing when i walked up to it looks EXPENSIVE! it was covered in water droplets so couldn't get a good close up and the sun was very low in the sky.

it was a Sportback too, which i want so was happy to see one in the flesh. they've got a demonstrator I'm going to drive (though its manual) tomorrow morning. its not taxed and they said i can have it for a bit in the new year. i think they said its in white but can't remember. ill have a look for the other colours too, still not a massive fan of white for some reason! can't wait till tomorrow now! :sm4:

Reactions: Lmg, J6YAK, Joetidman and 1 other person
Not my car but found a couple more nice pics thought I'd share..........

Looks stunning!!

Reactions: Kempysue, Aran383, PilotAudi and 1 other person
In the dealership now! Paperwork signed, free oil and Audi S leather keyring so far ;)

Reactions: Aran383, Kempysue, Leeber and 2 others