2013 Audi S3

Many thanks for this. always good to get peoples views. This is well sorted every day car that has 4 seats and isn't too big, but big enough for 99% of usages.

One thing, re: the Hold Assist - so I assume that if the hold assist is on and you blip the throttle you just stay stationary with the engine revving until you disengage hold assist

My Car is Stronic, so it can be in hold assist and still in Drive select not neutral or park. You dont really need neutral or park to be used at all when driving in traffic.

So when its selected D for drive, and the ebrake is on, you press the throttle and the car promptly sets of with great gusto and a little surprise for the driver. I think this is only a risk with the Stronic boxes and stupid drivers who forget its actually in gear.

I've asked about this. The s-line alloys are £2000 for a set of 4, and the S3 ones are £2800!!! You then need to add another £600 for tyres!

Interesting...

Well i have got a set of used S3 alloys with tyres (2K miles) for sale...and my (good) price hasn't changed since reading this post for anyone that's already enquired about them...

Inbox if interested...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387492743099405
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387492758214277
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387492770031875

Just thought I'd upload a couple of photos...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387492832053318

The old and the new!

Reactions: Lmg and CraigI
Yes I've gone phantom black with black styling and black windows and titanium alloys! Stealth!
Gotta wait till 1st March!

Bob, these are beautiful. Thank you for posting. My accelerator foot is twitching in anticipation, but I won't get mine until at least April
Bob... just out of interest... the folding mirrors... how do they react? i.e. fold as soon as you lock the door and open when you open the door, or do you have to do long presses?

Trying to upload the pics using photobucket as slideshow, hope it works

S3 Slideshow by Bob_s | Photobucket

Thanks Bob.....I was convinced I would go Monsoon Grey.....now I'm back to Estoril. I was concerned that Estoril would only pop in good light.....but you appear to have taken the pictures on a standard Summer-like day.....and hell it looks good.

Sadly I have to wait some time still before I can order.....which might be a good thing as currently discount on the Saloon is almost non-existent if Orange Wheels are anything to go by.

Bob... just out of interest... the folding mirrors... how do they react? i.e. fold as soon as you lock the door and open when you open the door, or do you have to do long presses?

Theres a switch to open and close the mirrors as you would expect and also an option which you have to enable which closes the mirrors when the car is locked with the single press.

Polyphon, I think the estoril like panther black will have some interesting colours and more than just pop but come alive on a good sunny day. As for all the other colours, most of them look normal on a dull day in a camera, Misano red needs sun but doesnt look bad on a dull day, and glacier white normally looks like white van white.

One thing estoril shares with the other very dark colours, it will be a ****** to keep clean.

Last edited:
Thanks Bob.....I was convinced I would go Monsoon Grey.....now I'm back to Estoril. I was concerned that Estoril would only pop in good light.....but you appear to have taken the pictures on a standard Summer-like day.....and hell it looks good.

Sadly I have to wait some time still before I can order.....which might be a good thing as currently discount on the Saloon is almost non-existent if Orange Wheels are anything to go by.

Just hold on for Estoril mate,
Remember......Estoril is not just for the sun!!!!! it looks awesome under garage forecourt lights, street lights and many other situations.
Stay strong my friend you won't be disappointed

Team Estoril

Reactions: MatthewC, Louay and Joetidman

I managed 5% and could have got 6.5 if is been willing to travel, just need to twist the arm. Try carwow. Kings Lynn is a good start if you want to go direct

Just hold on for Estoril mate,
Remember......Estoril is not just for the sun!!!!! it looks awesome under garage forecourt lights, street lights and many other situations.
Stay strong my friend you won't be disappointed

Team Estoril

More contributions from The Dark Colour Appreciation Society are very welcomed!

I managed 5% and could have got 6.5 if is been willing to travel, just need to twist the arm. Try carwow. Kings Lynn is a good start if you want to go direct

I got 9 + .... I think Estoril and Whites will be a passing phase..

Oh please. Either come clean or stump up the cash if you can afford it. Your denial is grating :)

Estoril is a nice colour BUT not IMHO as nice as the old Deep Sea Blue. I fear Audi are in danger of flogging Estoril (and Panther) as THE must have colours for an S3. Not saying they are nasty colours just for my 2p if I want Black which I do I want Black not three tone black hence Phantom ticks the box. It has bu66er all to do with cash whatsoever (fortunately!) All a matter of taste.

I've had a string of black cars and then a white with tints.

Estoril works well for me as I've always liked metallic blues.

In think it makes it quite subdued but also makes the red in the S3 badge stand out.

Tints and chrome roof rails help too I think.

Reactions: J6YAK, MatthewC, Marky142 and 2 others
Estoril is a nice colour BUT not IMHO as nice as the old Deep Sea Blue. I fear Audi are in danger of flogging Estoril (and Panther) as THE must have colours for an S3. Not saying they are nasty colours just for my 2p if I want Black which I do I want Black not three tone black hence Phantom ticks the box. It has bu66er all to do with cash whatsoever (fortunately!) All a matter of taste.

Fair play, I get this totally. Our Golf GTI is metallic black (not sure which one) and is a lovely colour when clean.

I've gone for Panther for a few reasons - because it's a bit different and I've never had a crystal paint before, because it's only on the S3 (and lets face it, the S3 needs every help it can to differentiate itself from the rest of the range) and because it lets the S3 badge on the back stand out a bit more than some of the other colours.

Reactions: J6YAK, PilotAudi, the_lecht_rocks and 1 other person
doesn't it wobble a lot scuttler ? :jump:

It shakes horrendously with the roof down, FWD is the drivetrain of the devil, and Torque steer tries to put you into a ditch if you lean on the accelerator.

But on a sunny day, with the roof down, on a coastal road in France - it's lovely!

Reactions: Marky142, PilotAudi and the_lecht_rocks
Back on topic,

Does the A3/S3 SB boot 'pop' when you press the button on the remote to open it? ie does it open right up or just unlock?