Volks AutosJMB Retrofits
Page 102 of 156 FirstFirst ... 252929596979899100101102103104105106107108109112152 ... LastLast
Results 4,041 to 4,080 of 6213
Like Tree3377Likes

Thread: 2013 Audi S3

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by royalsteve68 View Post
    Many thanks for this. always good to get peoples views. This is well sorted every day car that has 4 seats and isn't too big, but big enough for 99% of usages.

One thing, re: the Hold Assist - so I assume that if the hold assist is on and you blip the throttle you just stay stationary with the engine revving until you disengage hold assist
    My Car is Stronic, so it can be in hold assist and still in Drive select not neutral or park. You dont really need neutral or park to be used at all when driving in traffic.

So when its selected D for drive, and the ebrake is on, you press the throttle and the car promptly sets of with great gusto and a little surprise for the driver. I think this is only a risk with the Stronic boxes and stupid drivers who forget its actually in gear.
    Last Car A5 Coupe 1.8 Sport,
    Current car 3 Door A1 1.4 (185) S line - Misano Red with contrast line, arm rest, 18" sline alloys, Xenon, Climate, tyre pressure monitor
    Next Car 3 Door S3 Stronic - Estoril Blue, Comfort Pack, LED Headlights, mono.pur, heated folding mirrors, AHH, B&O, parking plus, lighting pack, tyre pressure monitor

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Kempysue View Post
    Great pics. More! We want more!!
    I have added a couple more to the slideshow, they were taken after I waxed the car and before I set off on its first long trip.
    Lmg, Kempysue and Solly1 like this.
    Current car 3 Door A1 1.4 (185) S line - Misano Red with contrast line, arm rest, 18" sline alloys, Xenon, Climate, tyre pressure monitor
    Next Car 3 Door S3 Stronic - Estoril Blue, Comfort Pack, LED Headlights, mono.pur, heated folding mirrors, AHH, B&O, parking plus, lighting pack, tyre pressure monitor

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by royalsteve68 View Post
    how much were the s3 alloys?
    I've asked about this. The s-line alloys are £2000 for a set of 4, and the S3 ones are £2800!!! You then need to add another £600 for tyres!

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Cumbrian_bob View Post
    Trying to upload the pics using photobucket as slideshow, hope it works

S3 Slideshow by Bob_s | Photobucket

Bob, these are beautiful. Thank you for posting. My accelerator foot is twitching in anticipation, but I won't get mine until at least April

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazzz View Post
    I've asked about this. The s-line alloys are £2000 for a set of 4, and the S3 ones are £2800!!! You then need to add another £600 for tyres!
    Interesting...

Well i have got a set of used S3 alloys with tyres (2K miles) for sale...and my (good) price hasn't changed since reading this post for anyone that's already enquired about them...

Inbox if interested...
    Glacier White S3 SB S-Tronic, Super Sport Seats, Pano Roof, Black Roof Rails, LED's, Interior Light Pack, B&O, Sat Nav SD Card, Advanced Key, Acoustic Rear Parking, Rain Sensor, ABT DR 19" Alloys

3rd Gear

Status
    CraigI and Lmg like this.

3rd Gear

Status
    First 3 door I've liked the look of.
    Wheels work very well with white!

3rd Gear

Status
    A set of black BBS CH-R's would look a whole lot better though!
    I thought these were the pick of the wheels to be honest on the S3 but do think they look a bit boring still.

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Kempysue on Facebook
    I agree they are the best of a fairly boring bunch.

3rd Gear

Status
    Wish I'd stuck with standard wheels and saved myself £395 to put towards the BBS wheels now!

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Kempysue on Facebook
    I'm hoping they look good on my all black machine!

3rd Gear

Status
    Have you gone for the titanium wheels too? When's it coming?

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Kempysue on Facebook
    Yes I've gone phantom black with black styling and black windows and titanium alloys! Stealth!
    Gotta wait till 1st March!

3rd Gear

Status
    Done 500 miles in mine now will do a review soon...
    Lmg and Kempysue like this.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Kempysue View Post
    Yes I've gone phantom black with black styling and black windows and titanium alloys! Stealth!
    Gotta wait till 1st March!
    Same as paulowther then will look great!
    It'll be worth the wait!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by James Chr View Post
    Bob, these are beautiful. Thank you for posting. My accelerator foot is twitching in anticipation, but I won't get mine until at least April
    Bob... just out of interest... the folding mirrors... how do they react? i.e. fold as soon as you lock the door and open when you open the door, or do you have to do long presses?

Banned

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by geefunk1978 View Post
    Same as paulowther then will look great!
    It'll be worth the wait!
    Nah Mr Funk... Sue is getting the best black... Phantom.. not Brown/Purple!!
    Kempysue likes this.

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Kempysue on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    Nah Mr Funk... Sue is getting the best black... Phantom.. not Brown/Purple!!
    Poor (wo)mans black??

Very disappointed that Paul has abandoned us as soon as he picks his car up!! I need his photos lol!!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Trying to upload the pics using photobucket as slideshow, hope it works

S3 Slideshow by Bob_s | Photobucket
    Thanks Bob.....I was convinced I would go Monsoon Grey.....now I'm back to Estoril. I was concerned that Estoril would only pop in good light.....but you appear to have taken the pictures on a standard Summer-like day.....and hell it looks good.

Sadly I have to wait some time still before I can order.....which might be a good thing as currently discount on the Saloon is almost non-existent if Orange Wheels are anything to go by.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by audi888 View Post
    Bob... just out of interest... the folding mirrors... how do they react? i.e. fold as soon as you lock the door and open when you open the door, or do you have to do long presses?
    Theres a switch to open and close the mirrors as you would expect and also an option which you have to enable which closes the mirrors when the car is locked with the single press.

Polyphon, I think the estoril like panther black will have some interesting colours and more than just pop but come alive on a good sunny day. As for all the other colours, most of them look normal on a dull day in a camera, Misano red needs sun but doesnt look bad on a dull day, and glacier white normally looks like white van white.

One thing estoril shares with the other very dark colours, it will be a bugger to keep clean.
    Last edited by Cumbrian_bob; 20th December 2013 at 06:32.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyphon View Post
    Thanks Bob.....I was convinced I would go Monsoon Grey.....now I'm back to Estoril. I was concerned that Estoril would only pop in good light.....but you appear to have taken the pictures on a standard Summer-like day.....and hell it looks good.

Sadly I have to wait some time still before I can order.....which might be a good thing as currently discount on the Saloon is almost non-existent if Orange Wheels are anything to go by.
    Just hold on for Estoril mate,
    Remember......Estoril is not just for the sun!!!!! it looks awesome under garage forecourt lights, street lights and many other situations.
    Stay strong my friend you won't be disappointed

Team Estoril
    Louay, MatthewC and Joetidman like this.
    Here at last: MY14 S3 Sportback, Manual, Estoril Blue, Rails, SS Seats, LED Headlights, Interior LED pack, Privacy glass, Comfort pack, Audi Sound System, Black Inlays.
    Just gone: MY13 Audi TT 2.0 TDI Quattro Amplified Black Edition, Misano Red, Privacy glass, Sat nav
    Previous : MY12 A3 2.0TDI Quattro Black Edition, Misano Red, Bose, Full Leather, Privacy glass

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyphon View Post

I managed 5% and could have got 6.5 if is been willing to travel, just need to twist the arm. Try carwow. Kings Lynn is a good start if you want to go direct
    S3 Saloon S-Tronic. Panther Black. Tech Pack, Super-sports seats, LED Lights, Comfort pack with Adaptive Cruise and parking plus, Folding mirrors, Bang and Olufsen Sound System, Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy glass, Tyre sensor, Boot Mat (Countdown Thread)

Previously 2.0TSi VW Scirocco

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by J6YAK View Post
    Just hold on for Estoril mate,
    Remember......Estoril is not just for the sun!!!!! it looks awesome under garage forecourt lights, street lights and many other situations.
    Stay strong my friend you won't be disappointed

Team Estoril
    More contributions from The Dark Colour Appreciation Society are very welcomed!

4th Gear

Status
    and glacier white normally looks like white van white.
    Incorrect.
    geefunk1978 and gilesf like this.
    Glacier White S3 SB S-Tronic, Super Sport Seats, Pano Roof, Black Roof Rails, LED's, Interior Light Pack, B&O, Sat Nav SD Card, Advanced Key, Acoustic Rear Parking, Rain Sensor, ABT DR 19" Alloys

Banned

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Joetidman View Post
    I managed 5% and could have got 6.5 if is been willing to travel, just need to twist the arm. Try carwow. Kings Lynn is a good start if you want to go direct
    I got 9 + .... I think Estoril and Whites will be a passing phase..

3rd Gear

Status
    White maybe not so sure about Estoril as it's a specific S3 colour and Blue's (dark colours) are always quite popular anyway

1st Gear

Status
    They have been saying white was a passing phase 6/7 years ago!
    Johnnyb, PilotAudi and gilesf like this.
    On Order - Audi S3 SB S-tronic, Estoril Blue, Black Alcantara Leather, Aluminium Roof Rails, Advance Key, ACC, LED Lights, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Non-Smoking Pack, Parking System Plus, Reverse Camera, B+O Sound System, Electric Folding Mirrors, Privacy Glass, Electric Lumbar + Adjustable Seats, High Beam Assist, Hill Hold, Load Through, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Tech Pack High with Audi Connect!!!

Provisional Build Week 4!

5th Gear

Status
    Why choose only one colour when you can have three with Panther?
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

Banned

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Itguy View Post
    Why choose only one colour when you can have three with Panther?
    But what colour is it... Brown Purple or flat black???

3rd Gear

Status
    My estoril should be more exclusive then, fandabbydozy
    J6YAK and MatthewC like this.
    S3 Saloon S-Tronic. Panther Black. Tech Pack, Super-sports seats, LED Lights, Comfort pack with Adaptive Cruise and parking plus, Folding mirrors, Bang and Olufsen Sound System, Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy glass, Tyre sensor, Boot Mat (Countdown Thread)

Previously 2.0TSi VW Scirocco

3rd Gear

Status
    But what colour is it... Brown Purple or flat black???

Oh please. Either come clean or stump up the cash if you can afford it. Your denial is grating

Banned

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lecht_rocks View Post
    Oh please. Either come clean or stump up the cash if you can afford it. Your denial is grating
    Estoril is a nice colour BUT not IMHO as nice as the old Deep Sea Blue. I fear Audi are in danger of flogging Estoril (and Panther) as THE must have colours for an S3. Not saying they are nasty colours just for my 2p if I want Black which I do I want Black not three tone black hence Phantom ticks the box. It has bu66er all to do with cash whatsoever (fortunately!) All a matter of taste.

1st Gear

Status
    I've had a string of black cars and then a white with tints.

Estoril works well for me as I've always liked metallic blues.

In think it makes it quite subdued but also makes the red in the S3 badge stand out.

Tints and chrome roof rails help too I think.

1st Gear

Status
    This, for instance, is my daily in the summer.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387567109.606512.jpg
    Marky142 likes this.

3rd Gear

Status
    doesn't it wobble a lot scuttler ?

5th Gear

Status
    Estoril is a nice colour BUT not IMHO as nice as the old Deep Sea Blue. I fear Audi are in danger of flogging Estoril (and Panther) as THE must have colours for an S3. Not saying they are nasty colours just for my 2p if I want Black which I do I want Black not three tone black hence Phantom ticks the box. It has bu66er all to do with cash whatsoever (fortunately!) All a matter of taste.
    Fair play, I get this totally. Our Golf GTI is metallic black (not sure which one) and is a lovely colour when clean.

I've gone for Panther for a few reasons - because it's a bit different and I've never had a crystal paint before, because it's only on the S3 (and lets face it, the S3 needs every help it can to differentiate itself from the rest of the range) and because it lets the S3 badge on the back stand out a bit more than some of the other colours.
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

1st Gear

Status
    It shakes horrendously with the roof down, FWD is the drivetrain of the devil, and Torque steer tries to put you into a ditch if you lean on the accelerator.

But on a sunny day, with the roof down, on a coastal road in France - it's lovely!

Banned

Status
    It will do if it's just FWD! The quattro feels much more planted IMHO .

5th Gear

Status
    Back on topic,

Does the A3/S3 SB boot 'pop' when you press the button on the remote to open it? ie does it open right up or just unlock?

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazzz View Post
    wow, how can they justify that!!
    Audi S3, Misano red, Stronic, ACC, Tech pack with Audi Connect, Comfort pack with park assist plus, though-load, aluminium roof bars, B&O, Led lights, Folding mirrors, Interior led lights, Hold assist, High beam assist, Pano roof, Privacy glass, Electric lumbar support