EM TuningMonster Motorsport
Page 100 of 153 FirstFirst ... 509093949596979899100101102103104105106107110150 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 4,000 of 6085
Like Tree3298Likes

Thread: 2013 Audi S3

2nd Gear

Status
    For info my winter set are the following:Tyre : Dunlop SP Winter Sport 3D AO 205/50R17 93H XL and Alloys: 6J x 17 ET 48 5/112 5-Arm-Helica-Design, not the sexiest but does the job.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Agreed. I'm wondering about sticking with standard rims and getting some 225/40/18 Winter M&S tyres.. Any views folks? Are smaller narrower better? I know they recommend this for extensive snow but in the UK seems a shame to drive on skinny rims for 3/4 months of the year.. Not an expert but was thinking looks wise not sure I like the 17in skinny look!
    SOLD 0201204 8P March 2011 Black Edition 2.0Tdi170 Sportback quattro..lots of bits... Others in the Garage......
    Arrived 1 March 2014 ..Phantom 2014 8V S3 Sportback. lots of bits, Pano roof, Tech Pack.TPMS, WOW ;-)

3rd Gear

Status
    I've bought another set of s3 alloys that will be wrapped in Michelin alpines for our winter period. They'll get me up the Shee, the Gorm and the Alps this and the next 10 winters. Chains in the obit for the Haute Savoie on requirement It's not the width, it's the compound and pattern that matter. I wil also fit the Quaife diff and HFA diff control to improve the torque split and drive ability......

6th Gear

Status
    Makes sense Mr Rock. I did read somewhere that in deep snow narrow is better but I'm more interested in better grip in cold and ice conditions in which case I am pretty much sold on your option.
    Itguy likes this.
    SOLD 0201204 8P March 2011 Black Edition 2.0Tdi170 Sportback quattro..lots of bits... Others in the Garage......
    Arrived 1 March 2014 ..Phantom 2014 8V S3 Sportback. lots of bits, Pano roof, Tech Pack.TPMS, WOW ;-)

2nd Gear

Status
    Wouldn't the polished metal on the s3 alloy get damaged with grit and salt? I had a set of polished alloys on my previous car and they got damaged due to winter conditions.

Neutral

Status
    Seriously thinking of changing from Estoril blue to either red, misano red or glacier white. My build week is week 7, when is the cut off date when changing spec?

3rd Gear

Status
    Saw an estoril 3 dr yesterday in night lights, looked fantastic
    J6YAK likes this.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Zig81 View Post
    Seriously thinking of changing from Estoril blue to either red, misano red or glacier white. My build week is week 7, when is the cut off date when changing spec?
    Be quick . My week 4 was locked a week ago!

1st Gear

Status
    As I posted in the other thread but will probably get missed by most with an S3, bought this dynolicous app, just given it a go and the results...

0-60 - 4.29 secs / 60 feet - 1.84 secs / 330 feet - 5.16 / Peak horsepower 277 / Data quality registered as best, Done in the WET!
    Battlekrapz likes this.
    2013 Glacier White S3 Sportback S-Tronic

1st Gear

Status
    So in the dry with some sticky tires And a remap could easily be half a second to nearly a second quicker,Wish ppl would post some videos up
    Lmg likes this.

3rd Gear

Status
    277 hp. Wtf is that about ?

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lecht_rocks View Post
    277 hp. Wtf is that about ?
    Lost 20hp in wheel spin

Its on the dyno this Tuesday for real though.

4.29 is a little too good to be true though especially in the wet, if it was dry then yeah I could believe it, but it is just an iphone app after all. Realistically its probably around 4.5 to 60

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RobH_S3 View Post
    Lost 20hp in wheel spin

Its on the dyno this Tuesday for real though.

4.29 is a little too good to be true though especially in the wet, if it was dry then yeah I could believe it, but it is just an iphone app after all. Realistically its probably around 4.5 to 60
    Looking forward to the results from this. Be interesting to see what difference it is compared to mine!

3rd Gear

Status
    As I posted in the other thread but will probably get missed by most with an S3, bought this dynolicous app, just given it a go and the results...0-60 - 4.29 secs / 60 feet - 1.84 secs / 330 feet - 5.16 / Peak horsepower 277 / Data quality registered as best, Done in the WET!
    This has got me thinking...has anyone seen any other stats (magazines, official data) in the new S3 like 30-70, 0-100, braking times etc? I can only find 0-60 and was interested?
    S3 Saloon S-Tronic. Panther Black. Tech Pack, Super-sports seats, LED Lights, Comfort pack with Adaptive Cruise and parking plus, Folding mirrors, Bang and Olufsen Sound System, Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy glass, Tyre sensor, Boot Mat

Previously 2.0TSi VW Scirocco

Neutral

Status
    Lost 20hp in wheel spin
    I bet this thing would lose a whole load more though.... Ford TrackSTer: An Incredible 500 Horsepower Focus With A Stupid Name

1st Gear

Status
    About 400 of those horses would do a runner at the hint of rain
    J6YAK and Kempysue like this.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Picking the S3 up 3pm today! Buzzinnnnn

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by barber6 View Post
    Cool and lucky you!

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by barber6 View Post
    pics obligatory

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lecht_rocks:2035811
    Saw an estoril 3 dr yesterday in night lights, looked fantastic
    Now that's what I like to hear from another member of The Dark Colour Appreciation Society!
    Battlekrapz and MatthewC like this.

1st Gear

Status
    Hi everyone,

(Few issues with the forum it seems, so posting from iPhone, so apologies for briefer than wanted intro and description).

Anyway....

I have ordered an S3 Sportback.

Build was confirmed as week 3 and I have arranged for collection, all things being equal, on 1st March along with all the shameless plate smugness that comes with that for free.

Spec is:

S-tronic
    Tech pack
    Comfort pack
    Interior lighting
    Folding mirrors
    Rear airbags
    Black 3d trims
    Half black leather and alcantara
    Park assist plus
    Assisted cruise thingy (forget actual name)
    Reversing camera
    Tints
    Chrome roof rails
    Lots of standard kit in MY14 cars like DAB.
    5 year warranty...

I wobbled a little over the weekend about heated seats, thinking that you lose heated seats with alcantara but have realised that you don't and that they are compatible.

Build locked, no changes can be made....

Estoril Blue!

Coming out of a B8, A4 Avant, 2.0t quattro, 6 speed, black edition thingy.

This will be daily driver, hence first auto, and keeping my old Porker for the weekend.
    PilotAudi, Battlekrapz and Lmg like this.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan_G View Post
    Hi everyone,

(Few issues with the forum it seems, so posting from iPhone, so apologies for briefer than wanted intro and description).

Anyway....

I have ordered an S3 Sportback.

Build was confirmed as week 3 and I have arranged for collection, all things being equal, on 1st March along with all the shameless plate smugness that comes with that for free.

Spec is:

S-tronic
    Tech pack
    Comfort pack
    Interior lighting
    Folding mirrors
    Rear airbags
    Black 3d trims
    Half black leather and alcantara
    Park assist plus
    Assisted cruise thingy (forget actual name)
    Reversing camera
    Tints
    Chrome roof rails
    Lots of standard kit in MY14 cars like DAB.
    5 year warranty...

I wobbled a little over the weekend about heated seats, thinking that you lose heated seats with alcantara but have realised that you don't and that they are compatible.

Build locked, no changes can be made....

Estoril Blue!

Coming out of a B8, A4 Avant, 2.0t quattro, 6 speed, black edition thingy.

This will be daily driver, hence first auto, and keeping my old Porker for the weekend.
    Hi Dan,

Welcome to the " just ordered my new car and can't wait but I suppose I'll have to" club

Nice spec by the way!!
    Here at last: MY14 S3 Sportback, Manual, Estoril Blue, Rails, SS Seats, LED Headlights, Interior LED pack, Privacy glass, Comfort pack, Audi Sound System, Black Inlays.
    Just gone: MY13 Audi TT 2.0 TDI Quattro Amplified Black Edition, Misano Red, Privacy glass, Sat nav
    Previous : MY12 A3 2.0TDI Quattro Black Edition, Misano Red, Bose, Full Leather, Privacy glass

1st Gear

Status
    I am excited ! (not like that...)

Has anyone received anything from Audi in advance?

Back in the pre financial crisis days of 2004, I ordered an S4 and they sent me a 'S' key ring and bumf...Oh yes...

Likewise when I bought a Touareg when living in the US, I got a torch!!

Anyone else had any similar tat? Erm I mean quality Audi marketing material?

All jokes aside, changing from the A4 as it's just me and I don't need something quite that big, was kind of sold on looks but then I drove it and it's a properly fast car!

Love the exhaust note and the DSG was superb and now has me looking at PDK gearboxes.

Hoping for some decent motorway MPG as I do quite a few miles and can squeeze 40Mpg from the current car....

Adaptive Cruise will be very useful.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlekrapz View Post
    Wouldn't the polished metal on the s3 alloy get damaged with grit and salt? I had a set of polished alloys on my previous car and they got damaged due to winter conditions.
    problem with polished face wheels is acid/corrosive product used when cleaning, splitting of lacquer when tyres are put on (hard to notice at first) you'll have to be unlucky to have a stone hit the wheel face
    ive got a heated jet wash, helps keep the cars in tip top condition ! Especially the arches
    Battlekrapz likes this.
    Build week 8: S3 SB, S-Tronic, Glacier, SS Seats, Comfort, Park Plus, Camera, Cruise, Tech Pack High, Pano Roof, Keyless, B&O, Pur, Privacy, Black Inlays, LED Light Pack, Through Load, Silver Rails, Folding Mirrors, Pressure Monitor,

1st Gear

Status
    Haven't had a proper look, but I suspect that 'part polished' will either mean heavily lacquered or actually silver paint.... As a contrast to the darker paint on the wheel.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387228759.531866.jpg

Neutral

Status
    What driving mode does everyone drive their S3's in most of the time? Comfort, dynamic, auto, efficiency or individual?
    I read that comfort is more ideal for longer journeys.
    2014 - S3 3dr S-tronic, Glacier White, Black styling pack, Advanced key, Super sports seats, LED headlights, Interior lighting package, B&O system, Tech pack, Comfort pack, reversing camera, Cruise control, Light and rain sensor, Parking system plus, Privacy Glass.

1st Gear

Status
    So what's the best mpg ppl have got out the s3 on a long run? What speeds you drive at?

Reverse Gear

Status
    Best mpg so far on a long run up to Lake District from leeds via A-Roads and some motorway was 39mpg over about 135 miles.

My average mpg per tank of fuel has now edged up to about 35mpg from 31mpg when new, S3 has now done 2,300 miles and the fuel consumption has got significantly better from new.

Using cruise control at a steady 70mph on the motorway you get about 38mpg, and I regularly see 37mpg on 30/40 mile trips with some bits of fast driving. I can beleive the Audi claimed 40mpg combined....but you will need to cruise for long periods at 60 I would say and no S3 type driving

As with all cars cold running kills the fuel consumption....let it warm up before you hit that throttle. Communting in stop start traffic gets the fuel consumption down to 30mpg +/-. Hooligan driving on the open road also 30mpg or less.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham_S3SB View Post
    Best mpg so far on a long run up to Lake District from leeds via A-Roads and some motorway was 39mpg over about 135 miles.

My average mpg per tank of fuel has now edged up to about 35mpg from 31mpg when new, S3 has now done 2,300 miles and the fuel consumption has got significantly better from new.

Using cruise control at a steady 70mph on the motorway you get about 38mpg, and I regularly see 37mpg on 30/40 mile trips with some bits of fast driving. I can beleive the Audi claimed 40mpg combined....but you will need to cruise for long periods at 60 I would say and no S3 type driving

As with all cars cold running kills the fuel consumption....let it warm up before you hit that throttle. Communting in stop start traffic gets the fuel consumption down to 30mpg +/-. Hooligan driving on the open road also 30mpg or less.
    over a 120 minute period of serious abuse, i got 23mpg out of the demo car i was testing.

1st Gear

Status
    Graham, just out of interest, are you using Shell Nitro or BP ultimate etc? I.e. Higher octane fuel.

I will be doing a fair bit of motorway driving and am hoping to exceed, by quite some way, the stated 40mpg average.

6th Gear

Status
    I can't see me getting 40mpg combined.Previous and current Audis regularly achieve 10-15% less than the stated 'Combined' figure so I am hoping for mid 30's. No point having an S3 unless you are going to enjoy driving it a bit ;-)

1st Gear

Status
    Indeed!

My B8 A4 2.0t quattro manual will do very good MPG on a motorway run at 70....ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387381435.147057.jpg

That was with a big 'coast' down hill at the end.

6th Gear

Status
    Interesting Dan. Few years back I had a new 2006 220PS A4 quattro Avant SLine SE which regularly achieved + 5mpg more than my wife's 2005 A3SB quattro 200PS. Audi could never explain.. very bizarre these mileage figures.. just hoping the manual S3 SB will do 30+ at least.On the fancy fuel front.. have tried these and not confirmed any benefit.Glad to see another Leather/Alcantara S3 on its way.. looks far better after a few months use! Audi full Leather seems not to look good once it's worn a bit and stretches/sags show.

1st Gear

Status

Cheers well when I'm at work I drive steady as I fill in time sheets so if I drive at 80mph everywhere I get done quicker so don't get paid as much so it works in my favour to drive steady so I tend to drive at 55/60 during works times

1st Gear

Status
    I've definitely seen a difference in fuels in the past few years, with higher octane giving a few extra mpg - I do 18k miles per year but don't want a diesel.

On the A3 vs A4, I would respectfully suggest that your other half was doing more town journeys perhaps? Plus didn't the SE have to be run on high octane?

I had a 06 Q6S S-Line SE too - Brilliant car, but the B8 is a massive step up.

Before that was a B6 quattro sport GMbH - oh yes, before the S-Line was invented!

1st Gear

Status
    And when is the site going to be fixed?

Typing all this on an iPhone is giving me RSI and messing up my manicure!

6th Gear

Status
    Dan

Re the A4/A3 economy, it was nothing to do with type of journey. We measured both on the same journey and the A4 was regularly +5mpg on the A3.. We too have had loads of Audis, 3,4,5,6,7 and TT..

I am now posting on my PC not on iPhone Tapathingy!!

2nd Gear

Status
    My car is now build week 4 woohoo

Neutral

Status
    The MPG reading on any car isn't particularly spot on, best to fill up the petrol tank, reset your miles, then fill up again after 3/4 of a tank used, see how much you need to fill up again and calculated the MPG based on your miles!
    2014 - S3 3dr S-tronic, Glacier White, Black styling pack, Advanced key, Super sports seats, LED headlights, Interior lighting package, B&O system, Tech pack, Comfort pack, reversing camera, Cruise control, Light and rain sensor, Parking system plus, Privacy Glass.

5th Gear

Status
    Hi - is this a manual or s-tronic?

Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.