JMB RetrofitsBadger5
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Quarz

Thread: Retofitting DSG paddles

Reverse Gear

Status

Retofitting DSG paddles

Got a new steering wheel with paddels on Ebay. I had no paddels on the original wheel so I was not sure it would work without coding. But it did. Just reset airbag and the thing was working like from the factory.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Why?
    This IMO is a silly modification , it's simply not worth voiding warranty for something like that. I'm not saying it doesn't look good because I do like the look of it, but how much it must of cost and then fitting it ect...... :-s

Each to their own I suppose, and you were lucky that Audi must of put the hardware there (apart from the physical paddles) ready for paddle shift. How much did it cost you mate? Have you thought about your warranty because I've been told by a friend who put an exhaust system on his rs5 Audi will do anything to get out of honouring their warranty.

Sean
    Current: 2013 Audi A3 2.0 tdi s line 8V in black SD nav+ extras, E46 BMW M3, 1971 Volvo p1800, 2014 Ford transit sport 155ps ;-)

Previous : Focus st 225 stage 1 (265 bhp and too much torque), 2002 audi s3 bam engine completely OEM, 2001 Audi a3 1.8 TQS 221bhp and about 20 other cars, majority civics ek4/ek9 and Bmw / Audi soot chucker's!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s33nyboy12 View Post
    Why?
    This IMO is a silly modification , it's simply not worth voiding warranty for something like that. I'm not saying it doesn't look good because I do like the look of it, but how much it must of cost and then fitting it ect...... :-s

Each to their own I suppose, and you were lucky that Audi must of put the hardware there (apart from the physical paddles) ready for paddle shift. How much did it cost you mate? Have you thought about your warranty because I've been told by a friend who put an exhaust system on his rs5 Audi will do anything to get out of honouring their warranty.

Sean
    Hi Sean

Why?
    Because I live in Denmark where the prices are insane.
    This steering wheel = 1080 GBP
    Adaptiv light = 3700 GBP
    Adaptiv cruise control = 1580 GBP
    Bang & Olufsen = 2225 GBP
    Milano leather = 4645 GBP
    There are a 200% import tax on new cars inkl. extras.
    Thats why. And it's great fun to find the right parts and make them work.

I've spent 260 GBP on the wheel and 30 minutes on the fitting. I consider it's a good deal.

There are no problems with warranty. I've done the same on my previous Audis without any problems. As long as you use OEM parts.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Beoman View Post
    Hi Sean

Why?
    Because I live in Denmark where the prices are insane.
    This steering wheel = 1080 GBP
    Adaptiv light = 3700 GBP
    Adaptiv cruise control = 1580 GBP
    Bang & Olufsen = 2225 GBP
    Milano leather = 4645 GBP
    There are a 200% import tax on new cars inkl. extras.
    Thats why. And it's great fun to find the right parts and make them work.

I've spent 260 GBP on the wheel and 30 minutes on the fitting. I consider it's a good deal.

There are no problems with warranty. I've done the same on my previous Audis without any problems. As long as you use OEM parts.
    In that case....... I eat my words! I can see the point.

We have it a bit easier in the uk it would seem. :-)

Sean
    Current: 2013 Audi A3 2.0 tdi s line 8V in black SD nav+ extras, E46 BMW M3, 1971 Volvo p1800, 2014 Ford transit sport 155ps ;-)

Previous : Focus st 225 stage 1 (265 bhp and too much torque), 2002 audi s3 bam engine completely OEM, 2001 Audi a3 1.8 TQS 221bhp and about 20 other cars, majority civics ek4/ek9 and Bmw / Audi soot chucker's!

1st Gear

Status
    i thought all the dsg transmissions automatically come with steering wheel paddle shift?????????

Quote Originally Posted by karlabdool View Post
    i thought all the dsg transmissions automatically come with steering wheel paddle shift?????????
    With all A3s supplied in the UK they do, but in Europe you can have one without the paddles. I drove a new Skoda Octavia a few weeks ago that had a DSG but no steering wheel paddles. I found it most odd as I use them all the time.

Cars in general in Europe come with far less options as standard that we are used to in the UK, but they are priced lower as well. The UK market is strongly influenced by the company car market where they often will not include the cost of options.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

1st Gear

Status
    dam i am from trinidad and i was going to puchase an a3 1.8 tfsi and i am beginning to think it doesnt come with paddle shifts either, they said the car is shipping from germany...salesman maybe a bit clueless too, none in showroom for me to see......these are the specs....i am paying around 300,000 tt dollars and that is around 25,000 pounds....tell me what you think,,, also starting to get worried
    about all the lag and failure talk about the dsg7 what do you think?

specs.jpg

Neutral

Status
    I ordered it from the factory. but ya, Beoman.... us danes are not lucky when it comes to pricing!

Please tell me how you find it, my SB 1.8TFSI will arrive beyond August! :'(

What else have you retrofitted ?

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarz View Post
    I ordered it from the factory. but ya, Beoman.... us danes are not lucky when it comes to pricing!

Please tell me how you find it, my SB 1.8TFSI will arrive beyond August! :'(

What else have you retrofitted ?
    I'm sorry to say, that i'm not happy with it. I have the problem with notchy steering. You can read about it on Facebook "Lorteaudi". Audi admit there is a problem but they dont know what to do about it.

Beside the steering wheel i have retrofitted mistral optic and S3 paddels. I'm waiting for delevery of a 7" screen. Don't know if it will fit. Also thinking about reverse camera. A german has done it whitout any problems.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Beoman View Post
    I'm sorry to say, that i'm not happy with it. I have the problem with notchy steering. You can read about it on Facebook "Lorteaudi". Audi admit there is a problem but they dont know what to do about it.

Beside the steering wheel i have retrofitted mistral optic and S3 paddels. I'm waiting for delevery of a 7" screen. Don't know if it will fit. Also thinking about reverse camera. A german has done it whitout any problems.
    Please do tell if you get the 7 inch screen to work.
    PeterPatch1 likes this.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarz View Post
    Please do tell if you get the 7 inch screen to work.
    It didn't work. I forgot to take a picture but if you divide the screen i 4, there were 2 identical "screens" on the left side and the 2 squares on the right were just bright white.

so if anyone need a 7" screen, I have one for sale.

5th Gear

Status
    Does it need re-programming with VCDS for the screen change perhaps?
    2013 8V Glacier White A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI S-line Mnaual
    SE Suspension, Tech Pack, B&O, Comfort Pack, Electric folding mirrors, Park Assist, TPMS, Interior Light Pack

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    There will be variables & more than likely coding required, you need to analyse your current systems & check with the full screen systems & see what's different, this is why some work I research for, takes days to do.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mjcourtney View Post
    Does it need re-programming with VCDS for the screen change perhaps?
    i doubt coding can do it sins the system isn't made to work with 7", but i'll see if i can find time to play with it this comming weekend.