Adaptive Cruise Control

Gazzz

Reaction score
I was wondering whether anybody has a new A3 with the ACC option yet? I know the concept of the system, and have seen videos about how it speeds up/slows down based on cars surrounding it. What I'm curious about, is how you actually operate it. For example, looking at some of the other Audi deployments, you get a row of LEDs around the speedo which light up based on the set speed, plus the DIS shows which 'distance' option you have set - are these the same in the A3?

Using the LEDs around the speedo always seemed like a strange approach - why not set it the same way as normal cruise is set? Or do you, and the LEDs are simply a reminder?

Have a look at this earlier thread where I posted a copy of the Owner's Manual for the new Golf VII that someone had put up on another forum. I'm sure the version and the way it's controlled will be much the same as the version fitted to the new A3. All the other new technology items are common to both cars. Page 226 is the page you want. It's not actually numbered by it's the one before page 227!!

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3-8v-chassis/178609-a3-manual-pdf-format.html