Main and dipped headlamp bulbs (non xenon lamps)

PjDali

Reaction score
Any owners of an A3 8V able to advise if the new model still uses H7 bulbs which from memory was what the 8P used?

Looking to order some nightbreaker bulbs to pop into my new SB when it arrives but so far not sure what bulb fitment i need.

Thanks

Have a look at user trups site, he is a forum sponsor and know everything about bulbs. His site is on the main forum page.:) x

EM Tuning

According to the ETKA parts catalogue the non-xenon headlights on the 8V do stiil use the H7-12v55w 'longlife' bulbs.

According to the ETKA parts catalogue the non-xenon headlights on the 8V do stiil use the H7-12v55w 'longlife' bulbs.

Many thanks for the info.....much appreciated.

Apologies for bringing this old thread back from the dead.....as it's been a wee while since I started it, however has any A3 8V owners tried swapping out the standard halogen bulbs for alternative H7 bulbs.

I picked up Osram Nighbreakers Special Edition bulbs for a decent price on Amazon a few weeks back which I plan to use but as yet still not got them installed

As per owners manual , the main beam bulbs looks simple enough and engine bay has reasonable space to get in to them, but dipped beam looks a royal pain on the **** due to lack of elbow room.
I was hoping to do this without having to go to any VAG services for help, but if anyone has managed to swap these main and dipped bulbs out is it simply a case of persevere and you get there or do 'bits' need disconnected to get the room to get to the dipped bulbs? Any guidance much appreciated.

Thanks

P.

Do they make that much difference ?

My old Mazda 6 had xenon lights and my new SB has standard but to be honest I find them ok and at least do not get people flashing me all the time because they thought I had the lights on full beam