Volks AutosMonster Motorsport
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Comfort Key (keyless enrty)

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Lion Man View Post
    Does anybody know what is the purpose of the display on the key?New Audi A3 Sportback Audi Advanced Key | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    I have ordered the advanced key and had not expected it to be any different to the ordinary flip out key.
    I look forward to finding out about the display!
    Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI 150ps S Line
    Glacier White, Perforated Alcantara leather seats, Aluminium Roof Rails, Advanced Key, Audi Sound System, Hill-hold Assist, Comfort Package, Electric Lumbar Support - Front Seats, Interior Light Package, Open Sky Panoramic Sunroof, Sat Nav SD Card Based, Dab Digital Radio, Through Load Facility, Debadged.

Changed from A4 Avant S Line executive pack, Ibis white on 28.3.13

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    I zoomed in on the image, and the bottom left button appears to be some sort of timer symbol. I wonder whether the display is a countdown clock, and this is to do with some markets having remote controlled pre-heaters for the engine / cabin in some of the more colder countries? Just a guess!

1st Gear

Status
    I believe that key is indeed for pre-heaters. The picture is the same one in the German A3 pdf posted on the other thread, with the following text (google translated) below it: "The heater warms up the interior and clears the windows of ice, the auxiliary ventilation system supplies fresh air and reduces the interior temperature, with timer and Abfahrzeitprogrammierung (an intelligent control system calculates time-and energy-efficient is the heating time), separate wireless remote control with illuminated display"

5th Gear

Status
    That'll be it then!

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazzz View Post
    I believe that key is indeed for pre-heaters. The picture is the same one in the German A3 pdf posted on the other thread, with the following text (google translated) below it: "The heater warms up the interior and clears the windows of ice, the auxiliary ventilation system supplies fresh air and reduces the interior temperature, with timer and Abfahrzeitprogrammierung (an intelligent control system calculates time-and energy-efficient is the heating time), separate wireless remote control with illuminated display"
    Does anyone know if it'd be possible to retro fit this? I can't understand them offering this in Germany but not in the UK.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    More than likely it could be retrofitted, its a task & would require a fair bit of research, we maybe able to do it, but it wouldn't be cheap tbh.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

6th Gear

Status
    Just a note though - that fob isn't anything to do with the key, it's a separate remote for the pre-heaters, you can set up timers and all sorts though IIRC from the manual.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

2nd Gear

Status
    List price for the option appears to be €1300. I suspect a high margin on that but doubt it could be retro fitted cheaply. I'll look into an aftermarket system from the likes of Clifford.

Audi A3 1.8 TFSI

Status
    The display on the key in the picture is not the standard or comfort key but rather an optional heating/ventilation system that can be fitted to the car. It is a completely separate key to the normal key fob.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sambo74 View Post
    The display on the key in the picture is not the standard or comfort key but rather an optional heating/ventilation system that can be fitted to the car. It is a completely separate key to the normal key fob.
    Yes, I know it's a separate fob. I just thought this was the most appropriate thread for my question, as the aux heating/ventialation system had already been mentioned here.
    selar likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12