latest news on 2013 s3

mshinebaum

Reaction score
Hi folks. Just joined the forums to relay the latest info I have managed to weasel out of my local dealer.

After first being told orders opened in November 2012, then being told February 2013, the latest is thar the price list and brochures are due at the end of March, with the order book opening the first week of april. Apparently the hold up is a problem with the stronic gear bog hitting its emission targets. Don't know about that but they are still saying first deliveries in July.

I can honestly say i have never had such a hard time trying to spend my money before. Surely the must know prices by now. I just refuse to place a deposit before knowing the price.

Hope this info is useful to anyone else out there still waiting.

Mart

Just back from a visit to Surrey, yesterday i was surprised to see a black 3 door 62 plate New shape 8V S3 pass me in the adjacent lane whist queuing on the A3! I presume this is an early press car being tested?

Reactions: Setharm
I hope they release the S3 Saloon in the UK. If it looks anything like the RS3 at the Geneva motor show I will want one.

Just back from a visit to Surrey, yesterday i was surprised to see a black 3 door 62 plate New shape 8V S3 pass me in the adjacent lane whist queuing on the A3! I presume this is an early press car being tested?

Are you sure it wasn't a normal s-line?

Have they even released the 5 door 8V A3 yet? Probably some muppet with an S3 badge on his A3..... Pretty cool if it wasn't though!

Have they even released the 5 door 8V A3 yet? Probably some muppet with an S3 badge on his A3..... Pretty cool if it wasn't though!

No it was the 3 door 8V, it wasn't all that far from where they film Top Gear, so could even have been one of them! ;)

I can't see someone who's just bought a brand spanking new A3 "modding it" already with a S3 badge? Pretty sure it had twin exhaust pipes but not the usual ones as on S-lines etc...

Is anybody else a little confused by the 0-62 times for the S3 and S3 sportback? For a manual, it lists the S3 as 5.4s and the S3 sportback as 5.5s - makes sense, as you'd expect the SB to be slightly heavier. But, when it comes to s-tronic, the S3 is listed as 5.1s and the S3 sportback is 5.0s

Audi UK have just released some info/pics on their Facebook page!

The new sport back S3 looks far better than the 3dr. Makes me wonder what the RS3 is going to look like.

Quote from Audi site: "UK pricing will be no higher than outgoing model despite performance and equipment gains". Anybody remember what the S3 prices were?

Around 31k, but they can't price it high anyway as the M135 is about 30k and that's the main rival