Monster MotorsportAH Fabrications
    Audi Virgin

Status

A3 Manual in PDF format?

Was hoping to read the owners manual before my A3 sportback actually arrives...can't find one online anywhere. Anyone else managed to find one? (not interested in the workshop manual).

Ben

2. # ADS
    ADS

Quote Originally Posted by Ben (T25) Ruz View Post
    Was hoping to read the owners manual before my A3 sportback actually arrives...can't find one online anywhere. Anyone else managed to find one? (not interested in the workshop manual).

Ben
    Audi do not make the Owners Manual available online, which is a great pity. I normally download the manual for most things I buy before I place an order. You can learn so much about the product. But for probably the most expensive item, apart from a house, that most people will buy, the manuals are not made available.

VW are the same, but Skoda make the Owners Manuals for all their models available on their website. It's about time Audi and VW did the same.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

On a different forum a very kind member has just scanned most of the Owners Manual for the new Golf VII and put a copy in to Dropbox for anyone to download. Perhaps a member who has already got their new A3 would like to do the same.

I must say that, having been reading the manual, the Adaptive Cruise Control used on both the A3 and the Golf, especially when used in conjuction with the s-tronic gearbox, looks interesting. In traffic situations the car can almost drive itself!!
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    On a different forum a very kind member has just scanned most of the Owners Manual for the new Golf VII and put a copy in to Dropbox for anyone to download. Perhaps a member who has already got their new A3 would like to do the same.
    Care to share the link ? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristian83 View Post
    Care to share the link ? Thank you.
    Yes by all means. Quite a lot of the technology is the same.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/14358635/Go...s%20Manual.pdf
    Dave R (h5djr)

6th Gear

Status
    It is annoying, especially as they've gone to the trouble of providing an "online" version of the manual for the MMI system, so you have it on there all the time rather than carrying the book around.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

2nd Gear

Status
    Is there a link to the original site, wouldn't mind a look around to see what else there is?

If you mean the original site for the Owners Manual, the isn't one. What is available is a copy of the Manual that someone made by scan an original booklet using a smartphone. Neither Audi nor VW make them available unlike Skoda who have them available to download for all their models on their own website. When the new Octavia becomes available it may be worth looking at the Skoda UK website (https://mediaportal.skoda-auto.com/r...e/default.aspx) as a lot of the technology used is the same as used on the new A3 and the new Golf.

If you are referring to the MMI manual I'm sure someone with a new A3 will post the link.
    Dave R (h5djr)

2nd Gear

Status
    No I thought you meant there was a site where members had scanned and posted loads of car manuals and that was just a link to one. I wondered if there was a general link to the site which would maybe allow you to access others.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorshprungdork View Post
    No I thought you meant there was a site where members had scanned and posted loads of car manuals and that was just a link to one. I wondered if there was a general link to the site which would maybe allow you to access others.
    Not that I'm aware of. If anyone finds one let us all know.
    Dave R (h5djr)

2nd Gear

Status
    OK, worth a shot.

Skoda have just put the Owners Manual for the new 2013 Octavia up on their website. As a lot of the technology used on the Skoda is the same as used on the new A3 and Golf VII it may be worth a look. It's a pity Audi and VW don't do the same.

http://ws.skoda-auto.com/OwnersManua...nersManual.pdf
    Dave R (h5djr)