Extended Test Drive ?

Sunnyk

Reaction score
Hi guys, been looking around on the forum for a couple days now as I'm keen in looking at getting the new audi a3. I'm currently driving a BMW 118D and would really appreciate the chance to take a test drive in the new a3. Admittedly I'm currently torn between the new BMW F20 and the A3 so would really appreciate the opportunity to spend some time test driving each of the cars to decide which one best suits me before parting with my hard earned cash. I'm assuming many of you lucky A3 owners on here would have test drove the car prior to placing an order ... How was the experience? how long did you have with the car? any pros and cons to consider? Also did anyone manage to get a extended test drive ?

Thanks for your time guys!

If you are a fleet buyer, you usually get the car for a couple of days. They drop it at your work place and take it back later. For private buyers, I guess it depends on the local garage and their availability.

I think if you show genuine interest and twist their arm a bit, you should be able to have one for a day. I know our local ford dealer welcomed it when I was looking at the new ranger.

i think once the salesman realises your a genuine buyer they will let you take the vehicle all day, our salesman let us keep a demonstrator overnight which gave me plenty of time to try different phones and play around with the MMI

Before I bought my A1 I had a shot of a demonstrator for a weekend.

Never asked for an extended drive in the A3 as they had only just got their demonstrator when I ordered.

Might be a bit easier to get an extended test drive in a few months when they're more readily available. I know our dealer only has 4 new A3s at present and I'd imagine a lot of people looking to drive them.