AH FabricationsChris Nott
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Gweneira

Thread: Dirty little bugger!

2nd Gear

Status

Dirty little bugger!

We all like looking at our nice clean cars but here's mine at the moment!

Anybody else want to expose their dirty pics lol
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Audi A3 8v 2.0TDi S-Line, glacier white.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Haha, that's spotless compared to mine - not sure I could actually bring myself to point a camera at it.

I will confess right here and right now that, to my eternal shame and possibly ostracism of the forum, mine hasn't been washed at all in the three months I've had it!

I'm actually extremely anal when it comes to washing cars. Car washes are a total no-no and I won't even let the dealer do it - I do it myself, properly with twin buckets, grit guards, wool mitts, pressure washer, foam lance the works. It's just that it takes a while to do properly and I've not had the opportunity to do so yet. Once this foul weather clears up I'll give it some love.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo1 View Post
    Haha, that's spotless compared to mine - not sure I could actually bring myself to point a camera at it.

I will confess right here and right now that, to my eternal shame and possibly ostracism of the forum, mine hasn't been washed at all in the three months I've had it!

I'm actually extremely anal when it comes to washing cars. Car washes are a total no-no and I won't even let the dealer do it - I do it myself, properly with twin buckets, grit guards, wool mitts, pressure washer, foam lance the works. It's just that it takes a while to do properly and I've not had the opportunity to do so yet. Once this foul weather clears up I'll give it some love.
    come on ........ Show !

Status
    Toby get the pictures up. Mark, your car is not too bad, you need to go out and play some more in the snow, lol. x
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP

2nd Gear

Status
    I cleaned it just before we had the snow, knew it was probably a wast of time due to the weather but couldn't help myself!

6th Gear

Status
    Feel the filth!

Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

1st Gear

Status

Dirty little bugger!

Toby.....that's just not good enough. The alloys still look silver :-)
    2013 A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI S-Line
    Phantom Black Pearl | Heated Nappa Leather | B&O | Technology Pack | Comfort Pack | Interior Lighting Pack | Parking System Plus | DAB | Alu Roof rails | Elec folding mirrors | Mono.pur | Rear Side Airbags | Elec lumbar
    |

SOLD 2007 A6 Avant 2.7 TDI Le Mans quattro
    Daytona Grey | Leather | MMI High | Bluetooth | Adaptive Xenons | BOSE | DAB | Heated F&R | AMI | Parking F&R | Storage Pack | Visibility Pack | Interior Light Pack |

Status
    Feel the filth!

I think you just parked the car somewhere and sat listening to your music now that your speaker is fixed Toby, lol X

1st Gear

Status

Dirty little bugger!

I know what the problem was with the door speaker. Dirt penetrating the paint and getting into the back of the speaker ;-)
    2013 A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI S-Line
    Phantom Black Pearl | Heated Nappa Leather | B&O | Technology Pack | Comfort Pack | Interior Lighting Pack | Parking System Plus | DAB | Alu Roof rails | Elec folding mirrors | Mono.pur | Rear Side Airbags | Elec lumbar
    |

SOLD 2007 A6 Avant 2.7 TDI Le Mans quattro
    Daytona Grey | Leather | MMI High | Bluetooth | Adaptive Xenons | BOSE | DAB | Heated F&R | AMI | Parking F&R | Storage Pack | Visibility Pack | Interior Light Pack |

6th Gear

Status
    Haha - I wonder if I turn the sub up some more could I maybe just shake the dirt off?

Status
    Haha - I wonder if I turn the sub up some more could I maybe just shake the dirt off?
    Lol Toby, i should have seen that reply coming. x

1st Gear

Status
    Mine is pretty awful now too, this week I've managed a roundtrip of Somerset to Surrey to East Sussex and back home via Birmingham. The car doesn't feel appreciated right now so it will get cleaned at the weekend. Before and after pictures to follow! ;-)
    Audi A3 1.6 TDI S-Line Daytona Grey
    Ordered
    15 August 2012 with Heated Seats, Electric Lumber Support, Folding Wing Mirrors and Privacy Glass. Arrived 30 November 2012.

MiT
    Work Hard, Play harder!!

Status
    haha.

I am still waiting for my amalifi white to turn up, the first thing i want to do is, get some sort of paint protection on it. Not sure what really, might get someone else to do it. I know there is this one product but forgot the name, has numbers in its product codes and starts with G i think.
    A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI S-Line
    Amalfi White || Comfort Pack || Audi Sound System 10 Speakers || Interior Light Pack || Elec Lumber Support || Sat Nav || Non Smoking pack

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MiT View Post
    haha.

I am still waiting for my amalifi white to turn up, the first thing i want to do is, get some sort of paint protection on it. Not sure what really, might get someone else to do it. I know there is this one product but forgot the name, has numbers in its product codes and starts with G i think.

just seen the following on Money Saving Expert.com. Was thinking of getting something on my Amalfi White when it arrives. Does anyone have any experience of these sealants???

new car , paint sealant rip off
    not really sure if this is the right section to post in...please move if need be

i thought id share my 16 years motor trade experiance with you, most car dealers will try to sell a paint protection/sealant package on new and used cars, often costing £200-300 or more

most of your £££ goes into the salemans pocket, and the paint protection warrenty is worded in a way that you will never make a claim from them...yes its a rip off!!

so....dont buy the sealant package, use a good quality car shampoo often and wax your car 4 times a year (more if you can), that will protect it just as well for £25 a year in products
    PjDali likes this.

MiT
    Work Hard, Play harder!!

Status
    thanks mate.

i already own the werkstat Acrylic set (shampoo, polish and seal). You can see some info here: Don't You Just Love The Werkstat Acrylic! - Detailing World

This was the stuff i was talking about Gtechniq C1
    Exterior Coatings // G|Techniq

or the C2v2

some pics in use
    C2 v2 small review and pics.... - Detailing World

they also do this: Exterior Coatings // G|Techniq

also for the glass G1

more of there range: Exterior Coatings // G|Techniq

some people have also mentioned:
    Cquartz 30ml KIT - CarPro UK // Car Pro Professional Car Coatings
    Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 Permanent Paint Coating Elite Car Care

Might just pay someone else to do it tbh.
    The reason was to stop light scratches and to make it easier to clean, if that makes sense.
    A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI S-Line
    Amalfi White || Comfort Pack || Audi Sound System 10 Speakers || Interior Light Pack || Elec Lumber Support || Sat Nav || Non Smoking pack