Aux heaters

Spurrellian

Reaction score
Hi guys does anyone know if the a3 comes with an auxiliary heater as standard?

Cheers

Paul

If you mean the heater that heats up the interior and engine while the car is not running the answer is no. It is an option on the A3 though, albeit an expensive one. It would love to have this on my next car but to be honest our winters (Netherlands) are not harsh enough and not long enough to justify the cost..

When going true the mmi climat control yesterday I did see the option aux. heating on or off. The is while the car is running.

The A3 diesels have an Aux heater fitted, this is electrically driven as the engine under light load will take longer to heat the interior of the car hence the Aux heater.
This is not an external heater which can be remotely turned on.

The A3 diesels have an Aux heater fitted, this is electrically driven as the engine under light load will take longer to heat the interior of the car hence the Aux heater.
This is not an external heater which can be remotely turned on.

Interesting, didn't realise it was just the diesels which had it. I've noticed the option in the MMI on mine and must say that, when driving to work of a morning, the vents do seem to start producing heat quite quickly compared to my old 8P and certainly well before the engine has warmed up significantly.