EM TuningChris Nott
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: VCDS

1st Gear

Status
    And the guys behind Android literally OWN YouTube. They're just out to get you.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Audi Steve View Post
    Using VCDS as follows

17 - dash
    07 - coding

Byte 1
    Enable bit 0

Do it

You now have needle sweep :-)
    do you not need the long coding helper? as when clicked i get a message saying not supported on this ECU.

Neutral

Status
    If your using version 12 Beta it should say not available but still bring up the coding screen WITHOUT help, then just use tab to find right byte and mouse to check the bit

Neutral

Status
    Dipping mirror.........

52 - N/S/F door
    07 - Coding

Byte 4

Enable bit 2 & 3

Do it!

1st Gear

Status
    I don't actually have any of the equipment to do it myself. Just good to know so that if I find someone in Glasgow I can point them in this direction. Does this stuff void warranties / get reset at servicing?

*Edit: just realised that's probably a question that's been answered a hundred times before. I'll go look. Feel free to make my life easier though! ;-)*

Neutral

Status
    well with a 'sh1t or bust' moment ignoring the big error in VCDS i now have needle sweep, lap timer/oil temp and dipping reversing mirror (although the use is weird as you need to switch to the left side for this to work then centralise it for it to go back to normal.)

now if i could only get VIM working my work here is done the current VIM code generator doesnt allow me in

Neutral

Status
    You should have to switch the mirror switch back to central. When you drive forward over 5mph, the auto dip should cancel and return to its original setting. The same should also apply when you swich off the ignition - at least that's how it works on my Scirocco ?

i just leave the mirror switch set to "L" all the time.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by zippster View Post
    ...(although the use is weird as you need to switch to the left side for this to work then centralise it for it to go back to normal.)
    So you mean you flick the mirror control knob to the left, go into reverse, it dips the mirror, you do your manoeuvring, you pop back out of reverse, and the mirror waits until you flick the control knob back to the middle position?

Neutral

Status
    I'm working on vim at the minute, it's the main 1 I want!

Neutral

Status
    If you search Audi A3 (8V) Needle Sweep on YouTube you'll see my video

Neutral

Status
    out if interest how are you working on it? Following the old procedures to generate the unlock code I cannot get access to enable it ;(

very interested to either help or know how to do this
    astirl2809 likes this.

2nd Gear

Status
    Is there anyone in the East Mids that can do this for me?? Hopefully picking up my car on Wed!
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-Line 150ps, Daytona Grey, Comfort Pack, Privacy Glass, SD Sat Nav, Through Load, Aluminium Pedals.

Neutral

Status
    im in basingstoke if anyone needs anything doing?

Shark Performance In Scotland

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Brodster On Twitter Add Brodster on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by selar View Post
    Just good to know so that if I find someone in Glasgow I can point them in this direction. Does this stuff void warranties / get reset at servicing?
    Just for your info buddy if and when you move to Edinburgh....I am 20 mins out of the city other side of Penicuik and have had VCDS for a few years and do all sorts of recoding for customers.
    Angelwax/BBS/BCS/Bilstein/Cobra/CTS Turbo/DTUK/H&R/K-Sport/KW/Loba/Milltek/Shark Performance/Oz Racing/TPI/VCDS/V-Maxx/Vossen/Wagner

1st Gear

Status
    Is there a list of possible re coding items such as needle sweep, dipping near side door mirror etc.?

I would like to have the rear lights on at the same time as the front DRLs as I had on my old Audi A4 Avant.
    Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI 150ps S Line
    Glacier White, Perforated Alcantara leather seats, Aluminium Roof Rails, Advanced Key, Audi Sound System, Hill-hold Assist, Comfort Package, Electric Lumbar Support - Front Seats, Interior Light Package, Open Sky Panoramic Sunroof, Sat Nav SD Card Based, Dab Digital Radio, Through Load Facility, Debadged.

Changed from A4 Avant S Line executive pack, Ibis white on 28.3.13

Neutral

Status
    I'm in East Midlands, Newark way

Neutral

Status
    There's a few others I can now do, seatbelt warning (still need belt on tho for auto hand brake release) and ignition on warning deactivation for those guys with kessy

2nd Gear

Status
    I'm in East Midlands, Newark way
    Thanks, might have to take a trip over to Newark then. How much would you charge?
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-Line 150ps, Daytona Grey, Comfort Pack, Privacy Glass, SD Sat Nav, Through Load, Aluminium Pedals.

Neutral

Status
    Nothing mate

2nd Gear

Status
    Bless ya!

Neutral

Status
    Thanks for the info on this thread, I enabled both auto dipping mirror and needle sweep today

Not sure if the link will work but they're both really nice tricks!
    TreborA4 and Duffy77 like this.
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI Daytona Grey S-Line with technology pack, Bang & Olufsen, comfort pack, privacy glass, leather & alcantara seats, interior light pack and 40mm lowering springs

Project car - VW Golf MK4 1.8T conversion from 1.4E

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by faisal_16 View Post
    Thanks for the info on this thread, I enabled both auto dipping mirror and needle sweep today

Not sure if the link will work but they're both really nice tricks!
    Link works a treat!

That's great!

What is the coding for this and auto dipping near side mirror?

Edit: just seen these codes earlier in this thread!

I'd like to be able to have the rear lights on at the same time as the front DRLs. Any idea what the coding is for that?

Edit: I would still like to know the coding for this, though!
    Last edited by TreborA4; 6th May 2013 at 21:52.
    Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI 150ps S Line
    Glacier White, Perforated Alcantara leather seats, Aluminium Roof Rails, Advanced Key, Audi Sound System, Hill-hold Assist, Comfort Package, Electric Lumbar Support - Front Seats, Interior Light Package, Open Sky Panoramic Sunroof, Sat Nav SD Card Based, Dab Digital Radio, Through Load Facility, Debadged.

Changed from A4 Avant S Line executive pack, Ibis white on 28.3.13

Zig
    Neutral

Status
    In addition to cruise control what else can be retrofitted by the addition of some hardware and the use of VCDS?

Is it possible for example to easily retrofit Drive Select (adjusting steering and throttle response)?

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi Steve,

Any luck with this? I am very keen to get this as I have the full assistance pack too so the car practically drives itself!

Don't suppose you know how to change the lane assist function to not keep screaming at me?

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Porter View Post
    Hi Steve,

Any luck with this? I am very keen to get this as I have the full assistance pack too so the car practically drives itself!

Don't suppose you know how to change the lane assist function to not keep screaming at me?
    Do you mean turn off the monitoring so that it continues to operate if you let go? If so, I'd be quite interested in this myself...
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

6th Gear

Status
    What is vim? Seen it mentioned in here several times
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    Do you mean turn off the monitoring so that it continues to operate if you let go? If so, I'd be quite interested in this myself...
    I'd be very surprised if this was a vcds option. The system has not been designed to be reliable enough to rely on it like that.

2nd Gear

Status
    What is vim? Seen it mentioned in here several times
    Video In Motion. i.e. DVD playback with picture when the car is moving. Illegal in the UK, but some countries allow it I believe.

6th Gear

Status
    Ah OK. Could be another good one to have.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RossR View Post
    I'd be very surprised if this was a vcds option. The system has not been designed to be reliable enough to rely on it like that.
    Yeh I'd be surprised too - and I wouldn't use it to just let go, but I've seen someone on another forum complain about it, saying it keeps telling him he's not holding on on long straight bits, when he is. I'd be surprised though, as it doesn't monitor the steering input so much as resistance against the steering moving with small bumps and variations in the road - so you could hold it absolutely dead still and it would still know.

Neutral

Status
    There's a few others I can now do, seatbelt warning (still need belt on tho for auto hand brake release) and ignition on warning deactivation for those guys with kessy
    Are you able to do the following:

Disable DRL dimming when indicating
    Deactivate rear wiper when reversing

If so, can you please let me know the coding required?
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI Daytona Grey S-Line with technology pack, Bang & Olufsen, comfort pack, privacy glass, leather & alcantara seats, interior light pack and 40mm lowering springs

Project car - VW Golf MK4 1.8T conversion from 1.4E

Reverse Gear

Status
    Yeh I'd be surprised too - and I wouldn't use it to just let go, but I've seen someone on another forum complain about it, saying it keeps telling him he's not holding on on long straight bits, when he is. I'd be surprised though, as it doesn't monitor the steering input so much as resistance against the steering moving with small bumps and variations in the road - so you could hold it absolutely dead still and it would still know.
    It is very annoying, even when holding the steering wheel in a straight line it continues to bleep and ask you to steer, the function is completely pointless. there is an option in VCDS to switch it off, but when you choose it it gives and error. Not sure if this can be sorted by Ross Tech.

I tried VIM using the code generator but it doesn't work

Anyone got any ideas?

2nd Gear

Status
    So let me get this straight, things like the read dipping passenger mirror can be 'activated' without change ofhardware? Someone with some reasonable knowledge VCDS can get this done?

What else is activable without additional hardware?

Lap timer.
    What else?

2nd Gear

Status
    Dipping mirror.........

52 - N/S/F door
    07 - Coding

Byte 4

Enable bit 2 & 3

Do it!
    I tried this with TowesterVAG and unfortunately didn't work. I did do the needle swap and works now so thanks.

Just disappointed about the dipping mirror. We tried it twice and didnt do anything.

6th Gear

Status
    Was the mirror switch pointing at the passenger side? I seem to remember you have to do that to make the mirror dip

Neutral

Status
    Is there anyone in the Bristol area who can do this for me, love the needle sweep and the mirror would be useful too as drive in Europe sometimes. Other than that what does this kit cost to have a play?
    2013 A3 SB 2.0TDI S line, Dakota Grey, Half Leather, Sports suspension, SD card Sat Nav, Cruise control, DAB radio, Audi sound system, Through-load facility, Hold assist, Heated front seats​

Uber Post Whore

Status
    Does anyone know if you can use same A1 vcds equipment on the A3?

2013 AUDI A3 SB S-LINE : 2.0 TDIQ 184 : GLACIER WHITE :
    : S-TRONIC : COMFORT PACK : SD SAT NAV : FOLDING MIRRORS : HEATED SEATS: RIGID BOOT LINER :

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TDI-line View Post
    As long as its hex usb can it will work.
    TDI-line likes this.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TDI-line View Post
    Found this site:

stemei.de .VCDS Codierungen .Codierungsservice .Webdesign - Stefan Meier - Audi A1 8X - VCDS Codierungen, Webdesign

Make sure you use google translate to help understanding. Seems a good source of info.

MODS: Maybe once we get confirmation on VCDS code, we can put a sticky?

2nd Gear

Status
    Was the mirror switch pointing at the passenger side? I seem to remember you have to do that to make the mirror dip
    Not 100% sure. When I try it again later with TowserVAG I can try that method.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast