Privacy Glass

Deletion of model and technology designation at rear
Aluminium roof rails
Non-smoking package
S line sports suspensionAdvanced key
Satellite Navigation system – SD card based
Bang & Olufsen sound system
DAB Radio

was originally given a delivery date of 2nd week in April but has now been put back 4 weeks to mid may due to the s line sports suspension ???

this will be our 1st audi owned so looking forward to it

cheers

Hi Peterdona
Welcome to the forum...Looks a very nice spec, just wondered if you managed to get a deal on the Advanced key option, I couldn't believe the cost at £425, its a standard option on my current Audi & whilst its great to have struggle to justify that expenditure, did you manage to get a drive in a Sport Line A3 before committing to it?

Hi Paul

no discount im afraid on extras they just wouldnt budge on anything with it being a brand new model, i did however manage to sort out free servicing and GAP insurance with them so that was a bonus.

The advanced key wasnt an option for us it was a must and yeah i agree the £425 is a pricey but we have had this on our last 3 cars and it is a pain going back to using a key again.

i havnt test drove an a3 s-line as of yet, they had a brand new a3 s line in a local showroom with quite a few extras on so i got to see the interior and a feel of how ours will look inside, i i did manage to test drive a a3 sport 2.0 tdi and was quite impressed with our 2nd test drive, i would advise anyone taking a car out on a test drive to get them to let you keep it over night if possible, this way i went over eveything.

i still havnt test drove an a3 with the s line suspension and have read and heard a lot of people advising just to stick with the sport suspension but im sticking with my choice (wasnt happy with the extra wait of 4 weeks for this option like)

one option im gutted about was the automatic box its gonna be tuff going back to a manual, as this option isnt available at present as audi seem to drip feed new models through, i have made it clear to the dealers that if a automatic box becomes available to order before i pick mine up then im not taking it.

downside is that it will mean a longer wait

There lying, due to the suspension!

I ordered mine couple weeks ago and was told march 1st, then April 1st and now last week in April maybe May 1st.
I've been told by my broker..... Due to such high demand across Europe Audi are considering opening another production line just for the new a3 8v , after all the great reviews and low c02 emission ratings both private buyers and companies alike are placing orders for them like they are going out of fashion?

I just hope they don't put my delivery date back even more

And I have specified the s line stiffer lower suspension.

Sean

update : just had a phone call from the dealer regarding the s-line suspension, im told that they are having a few problems with this, he couldnt gime me the reason why but said if i still wanted it he couldnt give me a delivery date

now with me adding the automatic box last week this pushed my delivery date back until june, but if i decide to drop the s line suspension to the sport suspension the vehicle will be availble in april...

ive since checked the audi configurator and this too has dropped the s line suspension for future orders

update : just had a phone call from the dealer regarding the s-line suspension, im told that they are having a few problems with this, he couldnt gime me the reason why but said if i still wanted it he couldnt give me a delivery date

now with me adding the automatic box last week this pushed my delivery date back until june, but if i decide to drop the s line suspension to the sport suspension the vehicle will be availble in april...

I've since checked the audi configurator and this too has dropped the s line suspension for future orders

That's a little disconcerting Peterdona, sounds like the S Line suspension may be a little unforgiving on UK roads, strange that they're not giving you any idea as to why they're just pulling it out of production, I understand at least 40% of their projected Spring orders are with the S Line set up, that's a lot of deposits to hand back!... a little worrying to say the least!!

Email confirmation today... Our car is in production whoop whoop

Went to the dealers this afternoon to pick my registration, not a lot to choose from, and the good news is im picking my car up on friday afternoon, i was hoping someone on here would have had pics up of a misano red s line sportback but i might just be the 1st

Looking forward to misano pics .. Will look stunning !

Went to the dealers this afternoon to pick my registration, not a lot to choose from, and the good news is im picking my car up on friday afternoon, i was hoping someone on here would have had pics up of a misano red s line sportback but i might just be the 1st

I was surprised to see no one else has posted pics of one yet! Sound like you're going to beat my by a few weeks. Great colour choice :applaus:

Well picked up the Sportback late this afternoon and got to say 1st impressions are im very impressed, there are alot of things im over the moon with, a few little niggles and 1 or 2 i wish i had of got extra but overall a great looking car and excellent drive and she looks a beaut... the s-tronic box is a luxury, the b&o sound system is amazing, the advanced key works a treat, it standard biathlon cloth looks a lot better than i thought, i love the flat bottom steering wheel. ill up load the pics now

IMG_5042.png

IMG_5041.png

IMG_5038.png

IMG_5037.png

IMG_5036.png

IMG_5052.jpg

IMG_5051.jpg

IMG_5049.jpg

IMG_5048.jpg

Looks great! I'm very happy that I chose Misano too.

What are your niggles? Stuff that can be sorted?

Hopefully small things - lots to like!

wtf that was quick!

Are you in England? I ordered earlier than you and still don't have mine :sadlike:

I've got nowhere near as many options as you also. Sick of waiting lol!

Yeah Viper North East of England I ordered mine originally manual as the s-tronic wasn't available on 15th jan with a original delivery date of 1st week in may then it got put back due to the suspension then the s-tronic came available delivery date came forward, that last few weeks have flew by and the car is now here

Nah tyneside,
Wearside was my 1st choice as I'm in Washington but their salesmen didn't have any time for me when I visited their showroom in tracksuit b so I took my money else where, unfortunately they are all the same company around here

Yea they are the same company so I'm going to ring and see why the delay with mine lol

That's lovely mate, looks stunning in Misano. I have been close to changing to Misano ??

mark

Hi guys also a regular reader and my first post - I'm posting with a bit of a sad face mind as my order has been delayed quite a while

I have gone for the below spec

A3 3 door S Line 2.0TDI
Daytona Grey
Fine Nappa Leather
Extended mono.pur
Privacy Glass
Comfort Pack
Multimedia Pack
B&O Sound System
Advanced Key

i placed the order on 10th April and my estimated delivery was 5th Aug which I was abit gutted about but knew was worth the wait. My order has now been pushed back to estimated delivery date of 25th October?? So 28 weeks (7 months from order date) :(

anyone else having the same problem and know why!? Slough Audi have not given much away other than they are inundated with orders of the new model???

cheers

Deano

Bad luck, Deano. What delivery date is on your contract ? I thought that if it goes beyond that you get a courtesy car.

I got my 65 plate sline sportback exactly a week ago. 1.6tdi in metallic White.. What a car, love it. No complaints at all. When I ordered mine in March this year I got a deliver date of the end of September, got a phone call mid-August saying it was ready. I put it off for the new reg though. That was with sport suspension also.

Also recently bought a 1.6 tdi Sline Sportback, although mine is two years old. Punchy little engine in the lower gears although the higher gears are a bit less forgiving. I've only done "stop start" sort of driving it in to date and I'm getting 53-54 MPG. Itching to get it on a proper run (going to relatives in a couple of weeks - 280 miles), I'd hope to see comfortably over 60 mpg on such a run.
Coming from a 1.8 petrol (although an eight year old Astra !) I was a bit worried about the downsize in engine, however I'm quite happy with it - nippy enough for me. In addition, only ever got around 36/38 mpg in the Astra. If I was doing bigger motorway miles I'd probably plump for the 2 litre tdi - although I feel it would be a bit wasted on me !

Reactions: Jassyo06
Hi guys also a regular reader and my first post - I'm posting with a bit of a sad face mind as my order has been delayed quite a while

I have gone for the below spec

A3 3 door S Line 2.0TDI
Daytona Grey
Fine Nappa Leather
Extended mono.pur
Privacy Glass
Comfort Pack
Multimedia Pack
B&O Sound System
Advanced Key

i placed the order on 10th April and my estimated delivery was 5th Aug which I was abit gutted about but knew was worth the wait. My order has now been pushed back to estimated delivery date of 25th October?? So 28 weeks (7 months from order date) :(

anyone else having the same problem and know why!? Slough Audi have not given much away other than they are inundated with orders of the new model???

cheers

Deano

Hi there,my sons a Audi exec/manager sales...the delays are all down to supply and demand....the factory cant make them quick enough due to the high demand,if we where lucky enough to order a RS3 just now its at least April for delivery?