EM TuningSky Insurance
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Sportback build dates?

Reverse Gear

Status

Sportback build dates?

Does anyone have a build date on a Sportback yet? Ordered mine on 16/10/12 and still no build date

I've ordered a 2.0 TDi S-Line Sportback in Daytona, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack and the complimentary Sat Nav.
    AFJ likes this.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    I ordered 2.0TDI S-Line Sportback at the end of October and have an estimated delivery date of 15 April 2013
    Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI 150ps S Line
    Glacier White, Perforated Alcantara leather seats, Aluminium Roof Rails, Advanced Key, Audi Sound System, Hill-hold Assist, Comfort Package, Electric Lumbar Support - Front Seats, Interior Light Package, Open Sky Panoramic Sunroof, Sat Nav SD Card Based, Dab Digital Radio, Through Load Facility, Debadged.

Changed from A4 Avant S Line executive pack, Ibis white on 28.3.13

1st Gear

Status

Sportback build dates?

Ordered my new SB mid Sept or late Sept can't mind exact date and been told I'm build week 4.

Not spoken to dealer in a few weeks and not expecting car until early March.

Guy reckons he will have it on site for late Feb but not sure on SB launch date. I'll be wanting new reg so early March suits me fine.

must admit I'm getting a little bit impatient as so looking forward to seeing and driving the new car.
    A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI Sport in Monsoon Grey with added extras - 5 arm 'kinetic' design wheels, comfort pack, audi sound system, storage and luggage pack, SD Satnav and Interior Light Pack.

Neutral

Status
    I've been given a build week of 15. This is because I've gone for the 1.6TDI engine and that isn't released until then in the SB.
    Looking at delivery mid May but may be a little earlier?
    i feel all of your pain.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Fireblade View Post
    I've been given a build week of 15. This is because I've gone for the 1.6TDI engine and that isn't released until then in the SB.
    Looking at delivery mid May but may be a little earlier?
    i feel all of your pain.
    Is this in the UK? Surprised you could order this when its not yet listed and there is no price for it?

For the record, I ordered mine in mid November, expected end of March, but no build date yet. I am trying hard to restrict the time I spend looking at photos and videos etc. otherwise the wait is too much
    TonyH38 likes this.
    A3 Sportback 1.8TFSI S-Line S-Tronic, Daytona Grey, Alum Roof Rails, Tech pack, Comfort pack, Adaptive cruise, Int light pack, Audi sound, DAB, Folding mirrors, Reversable luggage mat, 5yr warranty.

Reverse Gear

Status
    I was told end of Feb/Early March, but the plan was always to hold it over to March for the new reg. Just impatient wanting a build week

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff777LUFC View Post
    Is this in the UK? Surprised you could order this when its not yet listed and there is no price for it?

For the record, I ordered mine in mid November, expected end of March, but no build date yet. I am trying hard to restrict the time I spend looking at photos and videos etc. otherwise the wait is too much
    Yeah, I went in to the showroom October to test drive, placed order in November and part exchanged my current car at the same time. That took care of deposit and half the cost of the car nearly. I got a phone call in December saying Audi were now accepting orders and mine had been placed. He rang a few days later to give the build week. It is in the uk, the salesman said the order went it within 1 hour of them accepting them.
    Still not looking at delivery until mid May.
    you can also build one on the Audi website with the 1.6TDI engine but saying that they have been doing that for a while now.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Fireblade View Post
    you can also build one on the Audi website with the 1.6TDI engine but saying that they have been doing that for a while now.
    Ah my bad, had not seen that.
    A3 Sportback 1.8TFSI S-Line S-Tronic, Daytona Grey, Alum Roof Rails, Tech pack, Comfort pack, Adaptive cruise, Int light pack, Audi sound, DAB, Folding mirrors, Reversable luggage mat, 5yr warranty.

Neutral

Status
    I placed my order at the end of Nov, my stock date is 28th June...(2.0TDI)

:-(

2nd Gear

Status
    Following on from the previous post, ordered mine end of November and have an expected delivery date on 1st June! (2.0tdi sline)
    2010 S3 Sportback
    Miltek cat-back non res / soon to be wrapped!!.....
    **Message for parts enquiries in Kent**

Audi Virgin

Status
    This is a little strange as I ordered 1.6tdi sport (sportback) mid Jan and mine is build week 8, for delivery last week March or 1st week April. Dealer called Thurs to say it maybe earlier! They mentioned my spec I wanted was already scheduled except the comfort pack which could be added.

MiT
    Work Hard, Play harder!!

Status
    ordered mine in 1st week of Dec 2012, estimate 30th April 2013
    A3 Sportback 2.0 TDi S-line (standard suspension)
    A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI S-Line
    Amalfi White || Comfort Pack || Audi Sound System 10 Speakers || Interior Light Pack || Elec Lumber Support || Sat Nav || Non Smoking pack

Neutral

Status
    Ordered mine 1st week in jan, delivery date last week in April, then added s line suspension which knocked delivery back 4 weeks until last week in may, added auto box this morning, find out Monday if I have a new delivery date

Neutral

Status
    Had a call from the salesman yesterday, build week changed from 15 to 12 now.
    hopefully have it mid April.

Reverse Gear

Status
    ordered mine in september, order got confirmed when sportback was "released to order" in november.. 1.4 122hp sport with build date week 5, 30th jan. this is sweden

1st Gear

Status
    Queried with my dealer today when I'm likely to see my car (A3 SB) the build week was week 4 when last checked (mid Dec), apparently it moved to week 8 but is now showing week 7 (11Feb) delivery roughly 4 weeks after build.

Apparently I should have the car mid March but I'm unclear as to the actual Audi showroom release date for the SB.....some online sites say 1 April but dealer thought it early March but couldn't confirm.

Seems like an eternity since I placed the order.......I'm sure it will be worth the wait
    A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI Sport in Monsoon Grey with added extras - 5 arm 'kinetic' design wheels, comfort pack, audi sound system, storage and luggage pack, SD Satnav and Interior Light Pack.

Audi Virgin

Status
    1st April...are the Germans fooling with us?

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben (T25) Ruz View Post
    1st April...are the Germans fooling with us?
    They wouldn't...would they

Neutral

Status
    A colleague here at work ordered a 1.6 TDI sport during the last week of November.
    His stock date was recieved today from the lease company, 5th August....

3rd Gear

Status
    Ordered sportback a few weeks ago. Dealer advised build week 9 today (last week in Feb), so delivery towards end of March which is a month earlier than predicted. Happy bunny!
    2013 A3 Sportback 2.0TDi 150 S-Line - Daytona Grey, B&O, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, SD Nav, Hill Hold Assist.
    2010 A4 2.0TDi 170 S Line | 2008 Golf GT Sport 140 | 2008 S3 | 2005 A3 2.0TDi 140 S Line | 2003 TT 225 | 1998 A4 2.8 Quattro

Reverse Gear

Status
    Just been given provisional build week of 11.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TreborA4 View Post
    I ordered 2.0TDI S-Line Sportback at the end of October and have an estimated delivery date of 15 April 2013
    Update 4.2.13...
    Just spoken to dealer, got a build date of week commencing 4th March 2013, with delivery first or second week of April!
    Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI 150ps S Line
    Glacier White, Perforated Alcantara leather seats, Aluminium Roof Rails, Advanced Key, Audi Sound System, Hill-hold Assist, Comfort Package, Electric Lumbar Support - Front Seats, Interior Light Package, Open Sky Panoramic Sunroof, Sat Nav SD Card Based, Dab Digital Radio, Through Load Facility, Debadged.

Changed from A4 Avant S Line executive pack, Ibis white on 28.3.13

Reverse Gear

Status
    Ordered my new A3 1.6 TDI Sportsback S-Line S-Tronic with just a few options last week. Dealer said that don't expect the car until for several months.

Options include Tech Pack, Bang and Olufsen, Advance Key, Comfort Pack, ACC, Full Leather, Phone Box, Roof Rails, Lane Assist, Side Assist plus another half a dozen other toys. It would be easier to state what I didn't order which was the sunroof, electric seats and park assist.

It looks like I will be waiting a long time. I still have not worked out how Audi allocate order slots to dealers, all I understand is that you can order two identical cars from two separate dealers on the same day and delivery can be several weeks apart. Can someone shed some light on this topic?

Neutral

Status
    If its like VW, then when I ordered my Scirocco, I was told that each dealer is given a certain number of build allocation slots per month (which depends on dealer size, performance etc). Thus they have only so many allocation slots per month where they can order cars. If they receive an order mid month and all their allocation slots for that month are used up, then VW won't accept another order from that dealer until the next set of allocation slots open (which may be the next month).

Don't know how true this is, but I've heard it from at least half a dozen different people. If Audi's system is the same, that might explain the lead time differences ?

1st Gear

Status

Sportback build dates?

Ordered my Sportback S-Line with a lot of options (£32k list) back at the end of November.

The last I heard, a couple of weeks ago, was delivery in June......I'm not overly happy, and it had better be worth the wait !
    2013 A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI S-Line
    Phantom Black Pearl | Heated Nappa Leather | B&O | Technology Pack | Comfort Pack | Interior Lighting Pack | Parking System Plus | DAB | Alu Roof rails | Elec folding mirrors | Mono.pur | Rear Side Airbags | Elec lumbar
    |

SOLD 2007 A6 Avant 2.7 TDI Le Mans quattro
    Daytona Grey | Leather | MMI High | Bluetooth | Adaptive Xenons | BOSE | DAB | Heated F&R | AMI | Parking F&R | Storage Pack | Visibility Pack | Interior Light Pack |

Reverse Gear

Status

Sportback build dates?

Hi folks.

I ordered a sportback 1.4 sport on the second week in January. Have been advised by my dealer that build week is 14 so should be an end of April delivery - which is what I was expecting.

'S' Button engaged....

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by daveb99 View Post
    Ordered my Sportback S-Line with a lot of options (£32k list) back at the end of November.

The last I heard, a couple of weeks ago, was delivery in June......I'm not overly happy, and it had better be worth the wait !
    Wow, £32K for a 2.0TDI........ That's worryingly expensive........ You're options list/cost must be knocking on the door of £8K+ hope you enjoy the car when you get it
    With great power comes great responsibility.......

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by daveb99 View Post

£32k wow will be a stunning a3, did you think of other cars that would have been available to you with your budget? could have a very decent 3 series for that for example

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by vwgti View Post
    £32k wow will be a stunning a3, did you think of other cars that would have been available to you with your budget? could have a very decent 3 series for that for example
    or an a4 as we obviously don't touch bmws on this form hehe

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by viperfire View Post
    or an a4 as we obviously don't touch bmws on this form hehe
    Ha yeah i just was trying to say the class above in general!

6th Gear

Status
    I get that all the time when I tell people my car lists at around £30k. They always act surprised and ask why I didn't get something bigger like an A4.

Why? I don't want or need anything larger than an A3. I don't have children and rarely have anyone in the back, nor do I ever need to lug huge amounts of stuff around. A larger car would simply be wasted space, cost more and have worse emissions and thus tax. I'd much rather have something smaller but spec the nuts off it so I have all the bits and pieces I want. Whilst I could have a decent A4 for the same money, it wouldn't be as well specced as my A3

The A3, and other small cars with good specs and available options, address a growing market. People who don't want or need a larger car but want the comfort, refinement, build quality and equipment traditionally found in larger cars. The A3 pretty much started this market back in '96 (I'm ignoring the 3 series compact as that was a joke) and it's been growing ever since. You only have to look at the quality of cars like the A3 & A1 or, with other brands, the BMW 1-series or Mini, to see that people want smaller cars but not "basic" ones. The cost of fuel and increased focus on emissions for tax purposes is only going to drive people further down this route.
    Joosth likes this.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo1 View Post
    I get that all the time when I tell people my car lists at around £30k. They always act surprised and ask why I didn't get something bigger like an A4.

Why? I don't want or need anything larger than an A3. I don't have children and rarely have anyone in the back, nor do I ever need to lug huge amounts of stuff around. A larger car would simply be wasted space, cost more and have worse emissions and thus tax. I'd much rather have something smaller but spec the nuts off it so I have all the bits and pieces I want. Whilst I could have a decent A4 for the same money, it wouldn't be as well specced as my A3

The A3, and other small cars with good specs and available options, address a growing market. People who don't want or need a larger car but want the comfort, refinement, build quality and equipment traditionally found in larger cars. The A3 pretty much started this market back in '96 (I'm ignoring the 3 series compact as that was a joke) and it's been growing ever since. You only have to look at the quality of cars like the A3 & A1 or, with other brands, the BMW 1-series or Mini, to see that people want smaller cars but not "basic" ones. The cost of fuel and increased focus on emissions for tax purposes is only going to drive people further down this route.
    I will say thats one hell of a car your getting, I wouldnt have minded having that budget to use on the configurator!

Did you think about the tt in your case?

Neutral

Status
    I'm with vertigo on this one. I much prefer smaller cars than larger ones, but really like my toys etc. To be honest, whilst I haven't ordered mine yet (will do in the next couple of months), the price of mine currently comes to just over £32k. That's a sportline 2.0TDI S-Tronic, with all the toys I want.

So long as you can afford it and it's the car you want, why not. I intend to keep my next car for at least 5 years, so I just know that scrimping now for a grand or so, and deleting some goddies that I really want, will bug me all the time. Better to get what you want now and love the car. Oh, mine will be a private purchase BTW, so no tax bands or monthly lease costs to worry about.

Neutral

Status
    Boys and their toys eh,lol. Our list was a shade over £30k and that is with the cheaper 1.6TDI engine,lol.
    totally agree bout smaller car though, we have a converted VW T5.1 for size for the family (1 three year old and one due in two weeks) and I have my 185mph Honda Fireblade for my speed addiction so the A3 will be perfect for the gap in between:-)lol.
    you only live once eh:-)

Reverse Gear

Status
    I ordered my 2.0 tdi s line beginning of November, was advised mid December that delivery would be end March. Dealer confirmed delivery date today - 18th March

2nd Gear

Status
    Wonders who's going take delivery first! And then to post up the first pic's???

Remember if we don't see pics it's not real lol !!
    Audi A3 8v 2.0TDi S-Line, glacier white.

1st Gear

Status

Sportback build dates?

Has anyone been advised of the actual UK release date for the new A3 SB?

Would be really frustrating if my car was built but shipping delayed to coincide with when Audi want to release the car on their showroom floors...

5th Gear

Status
    The launch weekend for the SB is 16th / 17th of March. I've been given a collection date of the 17th and was told Audi would be unlikely to release any cars before the launch event.
    PjDali likes this.

Neutral

Status
    16th/17th March as an official launch date is what I was told as well.
    PjDali likes this.

1st Gear

Status

Sportback build dates?

That's excellent as first real indication of the official release date, as I'm hoping to have my new car on the road for 22 March as heading away for a weeks holiday and would be great to have the new car to go in.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast