Sportback build dates?

Moonlight - my wife deals with distribtuion/freight and when I told her the vessel had arrived into the UK she seemed rather surprised of a delay with customs clearance. Funnily enough I have got less frustrated with the time from placing the order to delivery and she has grown more impatient despite getting close to collection. lol. Unfortunately for me, I had got shot of my last car and had been renting one for the last 8 weeks. I just wanted to get a more definitive date from the dealer for collection so that I do not have an overlap. My rental was due up tomorrow and I have now had to renew for another week. Apparently I will need to contact Audi on monday/tuesday to get a further update. I trust the car will be ready for collection towards the end of next week. Not sure if it will go into the week after that bearing in mind we have another bank holiday coming up.

There doesn't seem to be any consistency with car deliveries, my employer has co cars delivered fairly often, we are notified of most a week before delivery some just turn up and some turn up in place of the ones which were supposedly a week away!...odd ones have come with the totally wrong spec...different coloured interiors.....wrong wheels, diesel instead of petrol!. My Audi dealer informed me that they would have a demo SB in Jan...would ring me ...called them at the end of Jan...."no...middle of Feb...we'll call you"...no call...I called them....towards mid Feb...turned out they had 2 demo models for one day only at the beginning of Feb.....they redeemed themselves by having the launch day in March with a free hog roast and car valet..obviously I had ordered mine by then..in fact that was the day I saw my first and only SILVER s-line SB...which I haven't heard of anyone on this forum owning or ordering one.I guess we will all just have to wait.....I told my self to relish this time of excitement as a month after delivery the novelty will have gone and I'll be looking at other cars and planning the next change (though this ones for 3 years)

You are quite right regarding inconsitency. Makes no sense at all and you have demonstrated it at all levels, demonstrations/test drive, pre-sale through to order and delivery/collection whether private or company. Not forgetting the slots the dealers get or do not get.

Overall I think from order to delivery (nearly) for me, timeframes have been close to timeframes quoted. For others posting in the forum I think the timeframes have really pushed the boundaries of what is acceptable. I suppose we all want our order to be a collection tomorrow considering the tech age we live in. Waiting for 4 months to get a new car and getting 4-6 weeks on a brand new registration plate does irritate somewhat. Return to the old days.....

Hog roast! Nice- you have reminded me I have not had lunch.

I considered going for an Ice Silver SB s-line but decided against it mainly because of the number of silver cars on the road.

You really will be planning your next change so soon after getting the SB?

Do you think you will collect your SB in the first week of June? You must be one of the first with the 1.4 Cod engine. Perhaps we can put a bet down. Anyone want to come up with the odds... :)

Two issues with long lead times:

Popularity of orders & CotY award 2013. I heard that Audi opened a new production line to meet demand for the 8V (but then lots of people say unverifiable things)

Dealer allocations. Dealers had to put in their expected order volume for this year back in summer 2012 and build slots are assigned based upon that. This was back in 8P days and before the 8V was launched so some dealers may have mis-guessed how many they would need & come up short.

SJW - wellll.....when I ordered the Scirocco...I couldn't contain myself with excitement...we used to play spot the Scirocco game every day until it arrived....have only felt like that with 2 other cars....my first Golf Gti mk2 (jeez that was 17 years ago)..a TT several years ago (MK1)....the novelty lasted a year or two with the Golf and the TT but only a month or so with this one......I was already eyeing up the next car...I came from an A3 which I loved and tbh didn't really want to give it up...I am dying to get my hands on the SB....I feel as though I'll be happy with it for quite some time...but I'm sure there'll be something else that comes along that catches my eye..haha it's like relationships! I'm 'assured' the car will be here by the end of this month....and they did say originally I'd be the first COD SB...I laughed it off at the time as a 'yeah right' moment...but I'm starting to believe it!.....I'm quite keen to see the new A3 saloon...you see I'm already t it!

What colour did you go for SJW?...I agonised over white with sunroof, silver and Daytona(which IMO is far the best colour WHEN CLEAN)I hope I don't regret losing the s/roof

Just ordered my A3 SB 2.0 Tdi SE last week, been advised build week is 33 (mid August), any idea when it maybe ready for delivery? It seems everyone has different order, build and delivery dates!!

Just ordered my A3 SB 2.0 Tdi SE last week, been advised build week is 33 (mid August), any idea when it maybe ready for delivery? It seems everyone has different order, build and delivery dates!!

Most A3s arrive in the UK two to three weeks after the build week. They are taken from the Ingolstadt plant to Emden in Northern Germany by train and loaded onto car carring ships. These ships leave Emden daily and go the three points of entry into the UK, Grimsby, North Tyne and Sheerness depending on the location of the UK dealer. They then go to the dealer by raod transporter.

Most A3s arrive in the UK two to three weeks after the build week. They are taken from the Ingolstadt plant to Emden in Northern Germany by train and loaded onto car carring ships. These ships leave Emden daily and go the three points of entry into the UK, Grimsby, North Tyne and Sheerness depending on the location of the UK dealer. They then go to the dealer by raod transporter.

Thanks Dave, so I'm looking at end Aug/early Sept. Much appreciated.

Orded mine in February and picking it up on 6th of june, nice birthday present for myself :D

I never did get a build week, just an Email on Thursday 30th May to say car has just left the factory and is on route to the Uk. Ordered 17th March with an expected delivery for September, a good 2-3 months early. Expecting an update this week of the cars location.

Mark

Mines on a boat:yes: my original build week 24 so next week so a full 3-4weeks ahead.

Reactions: markwiggy
great.....you better not get yours before mine lol

Grrrr...why is this not happening to me...mine is going to be the full six month wait....so annoyed but happy for you guys. I guess mine will be newer!!!

whaaaattt!...mine was sat at Grimsby for 7 days (apparently that's the mx number of working days it can be held there...not sure what happens if its any longer though!)

lol...your time will come SAM.....

Grrrr...why is this not happening to me...mine is going to be the full six month wait....so annoyed but happy for you guys. I guess mine will be newer!!!

newer yes but they'll be ten a penny then lol

Reactions: SuffolkAudiMan
whaaaattt!...mine was sat at Grimsby for 7 days (apparently that's the mx number of working days it can be held there...not sure what happens if its any longer though!)

lol...your time will come SAM.....

7 DAYS!! That's a long time, I'm not expecting it really for about 3 weeks. I will be patient.

Mark

Mine was roughly 2 weeks from leaving the factory to picking up at dealer. It was the longest 2 weeks I've had!

Mine was roughly 2 weeks from leaving the factory to picking up at dealer. It was the longest 2 weeks I've had!

thanks for that info, if mines that quick I will be very happy.

Putting private plate on the car, not sure if this will hold things up ?? Any thoughts anyone ?? Does the car need to be allocated a Uk reg before my plate can be transferred onto it ??

Mark

Well holiday tomorrow then pic up my SB on 17th June day after I get back! Can't wait!

Just had a call form my dealer,, Cars built awaiting shipment. whooooooooooooop! :yahoo:.

Was suppose to be build week 10th on Monday coming.

Hopefully have it by last week of June

excitement really kicking in now lol

Just had a call form my dealer,, Cars built awaiting shipment. whooooooooooooop! :yahoo:.

Was suppose to be build week 10th on Monday coming.

Hopefully have it by last week of June

excitement really kicking in now lol

Brilliant news mate

Mark

Reactions: cussycod
Thanks Mark.

My Bday on the 25th so fingers crossed I will hopefully collect then.... to easy the pain of being officially old... 40th omg lol

Nice one....soon to be one of the cod club!..I was getting lonely!

COD club...brilliant...in any other forum (Excuse fishing related) that would be a totally strange thing to be saying! I haddock a chance of getting mine yet, but time will Skate past dum dum

I've only driven to work and back thus far..oh and a short trip out...will know more after this weekend.....though I'm already happy with the performance...its a while since I test drove the 122 ....there is most certainly a difference between the two...well worth the extra pennies(!)

COD club...brilliant...in any other forum (Excuse fishing related) that would be a totally strange thing to be saying! I haddock a chance of getting mine yet, but time will Skate past dum dum

ha...there's always a plaice for fish jokes.....

lol...better than been 'in the club' - though probably not possible judging by your name Mark!

out of interest.....I had my designation etc deleted/removed....I wonder if I hadn't it would have had COD on the back?!