Bluetooth vs. iPod connection

sebtomato

Reaction score
Hi,

If I use Bluetooth to connect my Samsung phone to the A3, can I control the playlist/tracks through the steering wheel and also view the album pictures on the A3 screen? Or do I just get the sound transferred, but without any controls from the car?

Are there any benefits of connecting an iPod via USB to the car, vs. using Bluetooth?

Thanks,
Seb

I'd expect sound quality would be better via a direct cable connection.

I believe bluetooth compresses data which could mean a detereriation in sound quality.I'm sure one of the current owners of the new A3 has already confirmed that he \ she noticed a diff in sound quality when using bluetooth was.

I've never actually tried connecting my iPod or iPhone via Bluetooth to see what the quality's like, maybe I'll give it a go.

I've never actually tried connecting my iPod or iPhone via Bluetooth to see what the quality's like, maybe I'll give it a go.

doesnt sound too bad, for a quick listen so to speak! And yes shows everything bar album art, But... Ill throw the SD card in the mix for storing and playing music, I'm still trying to convince vertigo it sounds better than any other connection, but his having none of it lol

Haha, nothing sounds much good with a blown speaker! :(

But sound quality aside, do you get any benefits of connecting an iPod via USB to the car, vs. using Bluetooth, in term of controls?
Through bluetooth, can you move within a playlist, and see track details, album photo etc, or do you have do use your mobile phone for controlling most of the playback?

You can use the controls. Don't think you can shuffle unless you set it on the ipod

Personally I would use the cable as you get more features instead of bluetooth

With bluetooth Scan forward and scan back, shows track name etc, no album art. If you want to change album have to use the iPod / iPhone ! Unless you skip all the way to end , then will go to next album. Would have thought same as Samsung 😉

cabled , you get everything ! Don't have to touch the phone, Including art, if its not over 500x500!