AH FabricationsVolks Autos
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    6th Gear

Status

First real problem

So, last week I suddenly noticed some distortion coming through the sound system (B&O). Tracked it down to the centre driver's door speaker, which is distorting badly at moderate to high volumes.

Car is booked in to the dealer tomorrow so we'll see what they say. The only thing which springs to mind is that the inside of the door did get quite wet the other week when I was loading up the car in the rain. I did wipe the excess water off but can't for the life of be believe that this caused the problem. If they do turn round and say it's due to water ingress, and thus possibly not covered under warranty etc, then I shall blow a gasket as cars should be designed with the inside of doors getting rained on in mind! But I'm getting ahead of myself here. Will report back with what happens tomorrow but am a bit miffed that a speaker has failed so soon on an optional £700 sound system, if indeed it is just a random failure.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    ​Hope you get it sorted out Toby. x
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP

6th Gear

Status
    Yeah hopefully should be a simple fix but, knowing Audi, it'll be a case of needing a new part which then has to be ordered then it'll need to go back in again. Apparently they won't order parts on spec until they're sure they need them as, if they don't, then they can't put in a warranty claim and have to pay for the parts and stock them until needed.

Was amusing when I booked it in though. Guy asked which speaker it was and I said "I'll have to be specific, there are 14 of them! "
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

Status
    ​Typical Audi. Let me know how you geton at audi tmrw Toby, should be interesting to see what they do. It should never have failed in the first place. It a stupid design flaw that should have been forseen. Hope it all gets sorted to your satisfaction. x

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Amazing if its gone because of the miniscule amount of rain it should get, unless the grill guides are angled upwards to allow water in easily, but given the totally crap design of the water channels on the 8P, which basically drained water along the window seal to the base of the mirror & dropped down the back of the speaker which allowed it to spread to disintegrate the foam/rubber combo seals, but speakers worked fine, I'd be amazed if they've gone backwards with 8V, then again vag does defy logic on occasions

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

6th Gear

Status
    Well they've stripped the door down and confirm the speaker as faulty, although gave no more info. Replacement is on order but won't be there until the morning so they're hanging on to the car until then.

Meanwhile I've got an 8P to tool around in - OMG you suddenly realise how far the game has moved on!

Status
    Glad you getting it fixed Toby. Enjoy the 8P, lol. x

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Dont laugh at my precious 8P

Status
    ​Thats a damned good pic of you Nigel or should i call you Gollum/smeigal from now on? Im leaving now, lmao. x

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    That was after I got to Italy lmao

Short Back

Status
    yea, pulling up the manual handbrake must be such a chore.
    2009 A3 SB 2.0T DSG S line
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    That was after I got to Italy lmao
    Thats some pretty harsh sunshine you getting over there, best get back here soon, plenty of rain will see the hair growth improve, lol. x

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Artimus View Post
    yea, pulling up the manual handbrake must be such a chore.
    Lmao Aubrey x
    Last edited by Sandra; 27th December 2012 at 14:05.

6th Gear

Status
    Urgh

Turns out they can't get the part after all and don't know when it will be. Weeks were mentioned which I wasn't happy about. Told them if they couldn't get it within a couple of weeks at most then they could steal one out of the one in the showroom which has B&O sound!

Gonna be hard without my tunes for a week or two

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo1 View Post
    Urgh

Turns out they can't get the part after all and don't know when it will be. Weeks were mentioned which I wasn't happy about. Told them if they couldn't get it within a couple of weeks at most then they could steal one out of the one in the showroom which has B&O sound!

Gonna be hard without my tunes for a week or two
    Simple answer to that toby is use the old fashioned method of an ipod with little headphones in your ear, lol. Hope you dont have to wait to long. I know i would hate to do without my music. x

6th Gear

Status

First real problem

Haha, don't quite get the same bass as a sub and 700W amp though

Status
    Haha, don't quite get the same bass as a sub and 700W amp though
    No you dont Toby, but you do get music, lol. x

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    lmao, sorry mate but she well & truly got you there lmao

6th Gear

Status
    Haha, well I do still have music, I just have to keep the volume down

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    lmao, sorry mate but she well & truly got you there lmao
    thats why im awesome, i have a solution for everything. x x x

Status
    Haha, well I do still have music, I just have to keep the volume down
    think of your eardrums, they got to last you a lifetime Toby. x

6th Gear

Status
    Nah, louder the better

I actually have a DTS/THX demo DVD in there at the moment. The B&O system will do DTS or Dolby Digital 5.1 surround with DVDs that have it. This trailer (THX - YouTube) sounds utterly incredible and the bass at the end literally shakes the seats. Everyone I've played it for has basically said "holy crap" or words to that effect

Status
    I have dolby 5.1 hooked ro my tv and bluray and hi-fi in my house, i love my music. You sould go look at the music section on the forum for trance mixes from user frana3 he mixes some awesome stuff. Download it from either zippy or soundcloud, i promise you wont be disappointed. Im his no.1 fan. Think there are 14 mixes on there now, go get some quality free downloads and let me knkw what you think of them. x

6th Gear

Status
    Might just do that thanks. I do like my trance and stuff like Swedish House Mafia. Went to see Madeon in London a couple of weeks back - was incredible.

Status
    Might just do that thanks. I do like my trance and stuff like Swedish House Mafia. Went to see Madeon in London a couple of weeks back - was incredible.
    You have good taste in music, i like swedish mafia. I got to as many concerts as i can fit in, seen an incredible amount of live concerts, in various venues from glasgow/ednburgh, o2 and in new york. Im a music junkie, though i will admit to not liking classical. x

Status
    a new trance mix from me

Go get downloading Toby. x

6th Gear

Status
    Would if I could - doesn't seem to work

Status

6th Gear

Status
    Urgh, distortion from the faulty speaker is driving me nuts. Only happens on certain bits of certain tracks which have the necessary frequencies to set it off but it's really annoying.

Going to call the dealer after New Year - if it's going to be a week or two until they can get the part then I'm going to get them to disconnect the speaker in the meantime as it'll be far better with one missing speaker than it is now!

Neutral

Status
    Urgh, distortion from the faulty speaker is driving me nuts. Only happens on certain bits of certain tracks which have the necessary frequencies to set it off but it's really annoying.

Going to call the dealer after New Year - if it's going to be a week or two until they can get the part then I'm going to get them to disconnect the speaker in the meantime as it'll be far better with one missing speaker than it is now!
    Can you not fade the sound away from that speaker?

6th Gear

Status
    Only by fading it entirely to the left or the rear which is hardly ideal.

Neutral

Status
    Urgh that would drive me nuts too, either yeah they need disconnect the speaker or do something in the mean time if you've got to wait for a part!

Reverse Gear

Status
    This is what I was trying to describe on your last post about the suspension noise..which ironicly I am now getting in mine! but this distortion has happened twice now! it's very strange, I had to restart the car twice for it to go!
    A3 8v 2.0 TDI S-Line Glacier White.

6th Gear

Status
    The distortion is permanent for me - they've confirmed the speaker is faulty. Still waiting for parts though. They said they'd rather not disconnect the speaker as it requires disassembling the door again which is obviously a load of work for them. If they don't have a date for the replacement part by the end of the week then I shall firstly complain loudly, then complain to Audi UK directly, and lastly demand that they disconnect the speaker, regardless of the labour involved.

I'm not happy at all really. Not about the fault itself as I understand these things happen, but the fact that they can't even get a date for the replacement part.

6th Gear

Status
    Fed up with this and the total lack of contact from the dealer since my last visit. Going to pop in there later to moan at them.

("Moan" is too soft a word but is all I could find that wouldn't get starred out by the forum lol)

North East Forum Moderator

Status
    Unfortunately it seems to be one of these issues where just being persistent and constantly pushing the dealer to get the job done is the best thing. Hope it gets sorted soon mate. Wonder why there is a back order of the part..

Website | Facebook | Audi TT 2.0TDI 170 Quattro

6th Gear

Status
    Update - car is going in tomorrow to have the speaker replaced.

Wooo - finally get my tunes back. Well, finally can play stuff at insane volume again that is

Status
    [QUOTE=Vertigo1;1766991]Update - car is going in tomorrow to have the speaker replaced.
    Wow, at last. There goes your eardrums Toby. x

6th Gear

Status
    Haha. Had some friends in it a while back and SHM - Greyhound comes up on the playlist. Someone comments "ooh, love the bass in this". Me - "oh you like bass do you". Faintly heard them say "holy ****" after I whacked the volume up :D

6th Gear

Status
    And the boom is back :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast