Volks AutosAH Fabrications
    Reverse Gear

Status

A3 Steering Wheel Scratched

Hello everyone,
    this is my first message on this forum. İ did buy a A3 1.6 TDI. ( not a second hand)
    i saw a scratching part on the steering wheel.fotoğraf.jpg
    i dont want to drive with this scratch. İ dont know it happened in showroom or in the factory?
    any idea what to do?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    why one one replied it?

1st Gear

Status

A3 Steering Wheel Scratched

Have you spoken to the dealer who sold you the car? First place I'd be going if I found anything wrong with a new car I'd just bought.
    A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI Sport in Monsoon Grey with added extras - 5 arm 'kinetic' design wheels, comfort pack, audi sound system, storage and luggage pack, SD Satnav and Interior Light Pack.

Neutral

Status
    You could ask the dealer you bought it from if they can help sort it out for you? I suppose it would depend on how long you had the car before you noticed the scratch but I guess they would say it was fine when leaving the showroom.

1st Gear

Status
    Depending upon your relationship the the dealer, I would ask them to fix it, or ask them how much it would be to fix it.

There are companies about who can fix small cosmetic damage, some of which will come to you to do the work. The Audi dealer will hopefully know local companies who can do this, either at their or your cost!
    Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI 150ps S Line
    Glacier White, Perforated Alcantara leather seats, Aluminium Roof Rails, Advanced Key, Audi Sound System, Hill-hold Assist, Comfort Package, Electric Lumbar Support - Front Seats, Interior Light Package, Open Sky Panoramic Sunroof, Sat Nav SD Card Based, Dab Digital Radio, Through Load Facility, Debadged.

Changed from A4 Avant S Line executive pack, Ibis white on 28.3.13

Reverse Gear

Status
    ı did speak with the dealer on phone after i posted it here. he told me that bring the car we will look what we can.
    i am gonna let you know what happens. ı also called audı for spare part. they said that we cannot sell only middle area we sell whole steering wheel ( with AİRBAG) is that possible to buy only middle of steering wheel?

6th Gear

Status
    As others have said, I'd be going straight to the dealer and demanding they fix it, with a whole new wheel if necessary.

My new A3 turned up with two pieces of damage but, as it's a lease car, there's not much I can do about it

Incidentally, this is the 8V forum, for the new 2012 model A3. Whilst this post isn't really model specific, if you want to participate in the forum generally, you may have more luck over in the 8P forum as that's what you've got judging by the pic
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

Reverse Gear

Status
    sorry for posted on wrong side of the forum. i didnt realize it. thanks for advice.
    thanks everyone as well

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmetgolf View Post
    why one one replied it?
    Have some patients please, you posted only 4 hours after your initial post, people have jobs, lives, family etc which all takes precedence, also as 8V is new, there are limited people who may look at the thread in the 1st instance, also to it cap off with in the wrong section, you're not helping yourself really.

Challenge the dealer, but if you've accepted the vehicle, its going to be hard to prove it wasnt your own doing.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK