Gutted!!!!

number3

Reaction score
2/3 weeks old.....chipped windscreen, autoglass out to repair, during visit before he'd even started, turns into crack!!

Window being replaced tomorrow, just so paranoid now that they are going to F' it up!!

Made sure he ordered the correct screen, acoustic glass, sunscreen band, sensers for the auto lights and wipers.!!
Just have to wait and see.!!!!!! :(

Mark.

Oh no Mark not good at all :(

I hope it does get sorted tomorrow for you, with the right glass too!

Fingers crossed for you!

Oh no Mark not good at all :(

I hope it does get sorted tomorrow for you, with the right glass too!

Fingers crossed for you!

Cheers matey!! also check your PM ive just messaged you with answers to your questions.!!

Mark.

Point out to the fitter that the car is pristine and then, once he's done, check very carefully all around the window frame to make sure he hasn't marked the paintwork anywhere.

Not saying this happens often, but it's worth making him aware before he starts that you're going to be checking carefully!

Point out to the fitter that the car is pristine and then, once he's done, check very carefully all around the window frame to make sure he hasn't marked the paintwork anywhere.

Not saying this happens often, but it's worth making him aware before he starts that you're going to be checking carefully!

vertigo, if it wasn't for the fact they where doing this at my work I'd put out a deck chair and watch him the whole time!!!!

The hassle of fancy windows - it took them 3 attempts to fit quickclear glass to my mum's old Focus when it got a big crack.

My last one was done at work - didn't stop me watching him like a hawk! :)

It's only really the first stage that needs watching, when they get the old rubber seal out from around the screen. Sometimes they're a bit stubborn and they need to level them out with tools etc and this is where they can mark the paintwork if they're crap at their job. I'd just make sure he does that without problems and the rest should be fine :)

Make sure he doesn't sit on the side of the seats either!!!

I would also recommend that you take photographs of before they touch it

well that was worth it!! autoglass came , wrong glass ordered!! 8P not 8V!!

looking at things with a positive outlook, it means they have to order direct through Audi as they don’t carry new shape glass on any make until the cars been out for at least 6 months.

so fingers crossed, because seeing is believing, will be getting an original Audi screen.

Mark.

That sucks that its not been done, but glad you noticed it was the wrong glass!

I wouldn't even know where to start on knowing the correct code for it. I'd just know that the car has rain sensors etc so it wouldn't be your standard glass.

Sounds like you might be getting the official stuff via Audi though now so thats good :)

rain sensors and auto lights are triggered from the interior mirror, the sensor is the part that sticks to the galss, turn on the ignition and spray water at the mirror area and the wipers will come on.
NOTE
dont lift the wipers then put ignition on and clean the window it may make a nasty mark on the bonnet.... not from experience but it can happen if not careful.

sorry to hear that, it just a pain to get things sorted.
hope it goes smoother the second time.

me too!!

oh and to be fair, the installer didn't even look at the ordered glass initially , knew as soon as he saw the car he had the wrong one, confirmed when we looked in the back of his van! he seemed to know his stuff, am quite hoping i get him again!

Mark.

I was going to start a thread similar to this...But as it's here, I'll explain my latest 'fiasco'. Late on Tuesday night I was driving on the M27, when all lanes were being filtered into 1...causing a backlog of traffic, while trying to move over into the appropriate lane, I notice a car going far to fast in the lane I was moving into, so I quickly moved back into the middle lane...And within a second he then smashed straight into the stationary car right beside me. Leaving my 3 week old car with the debris of a 70MPH collision between a Renault scenic and a Skoda Fabia...on my car! As you can imagine, my first thought was about the passengers and drivers in the vehicles. Despite the unbelievable mess the two cars were in, both drivers walked away & luckily there were no passengers! It was all a bit of a nightmare at midnight...But it could have been a lot worse! The A3 is fine, just quite scratched ...so going to be getting quotes very soon to get it all back up together!!!

Must be bad luck of owners with. 2.0 s-line's in glacier white :(

Spash.
Its good the people were ok. Feel bit sick for you and the nightmare ahead of u though :( id hate every moment until it is fully repaired! Im also worried as im considerin a 2.0 in glacier white lol

Spash.
Its good the people were ok. Feel bit sick for you and the nightmare ahead of u though :( id hate every moment until it is fully repaired! Im also worried as im considerin a 2.0 in glacier white lol

Yeah for sure, and yep insurance companies here we come! I just don't want it in any way to effect my premium, being so young it's already fairly expensive to insure lol

Glass has arrived, being fitted on Wednesday, if it’s not correct this time , don’t think it will get installed till after Christmas.

Fingers crossed all goes well.

Mark.

Fingers crossed then!

I need some good luck...I am genuinely believing that this new car has been my un-lucky charm for weeks now! It even continued while I was in Paris at the weekend...Sat in a bar at lunch time and a pint glass shattered in my hand as I picked it up! 8 stitches and a 7 hour wait in A&E topped off the weekend. And now I can't drive :( !!

Fingers crossed then!

I need some good luck...I am genuinely believing that this new car has been my un-lucky charm for weeks now! It even continued while I was in Paris at the weekend...Sat in a bar at lunch time and a pint glass shattered in my hand as I picked it up! 8 stitches and a 7 hour wait in A&E topped off the weekend. And now I can't drive :( !!

W T F !? moment or what. sorry to hear that, never heard of that happening ever. get well soon.

Autoglass been and gone :) new original Audi screen in place , good job done all round!

Mark.

Glad they made a good job of sorting it. Is the acoustic windscreen thicker than "normal" glass?

I have no idea , just know it's the same glass they took out that they have put in complete with Audi marks and codes :)

mark.