EM TuningAH Fabrications
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mjcourtney

Thread: xenon headlight washers

1st Gear

Status

xenon headlight washers

Ok, had my Daytona Grey 2.0 TDI S Line for 24 hours, but not actually sure how/when the headlight washers activate... Obviously been using the windscreen washers a lot with all the salt on the roads, but when do the headlights get sprayed?
    A3 2.0 TDI S Line Daytona Grey with Comfort Pack and SD Sat Nav. LOVE IT !!!!!

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    headlights only get washed when they are on, some cars dont wash when on full beam as the temperature of the lense is too hot but I think the xenon lights wash on both as they do on my Q

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordo77 View Post
    Ok, had my Daytona Grey 2.0 TDI S Line for 24 hours, but not actually sure how/when the headlight washers activate... Obviously been using the windscreen washers a lot with all the salt on the roads, but when do the headlights get sprayed?
    On my current A4 Avant, the lights are washed every fifth spray, or thereabouts, of the windscreen.
    Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI 150ps S Line
    Glacier White, Perforated Alcantara leather seats, Aluminium Roof Rails, Advanced Key, Audi Sound System, Hill-hold Assist, Comfort Package, Electric Lumbar Support - Front Seats, Interior Light Package, Open Sky Panoramic Sunroof, Sat Nav SD Card Based, Dab Digital Radio, Through Load Facility, Debadged.

Changed from A4 Avant S Line executive pack, Ibis white on 28.3.13

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TreborA4 View Post
    On my current A4 Avant, the lights are washed every fifth spray, or thereabouts, of the windscreen.
    Aahh ok, I thought they might work something like that.

Thanks guys.
    A3 2.0 TDI S Line Daytona Grey with Comfort Pack and SD Sat Nav. LOVE IT !!!!!

6th Gear

Status
    I believe it's time-limited, so they'll wash with the windscreen if they're on, but then won't wash again for a certain period, as you don't want it happening every time you clear the screen when it's particularly mucky.

Also, don't do it when stationary as you'll end up with a bonnet literally covered in soap suds
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    I've seen some settings on newer 8P's that allow you to set how many screen washes before the headlight washers will come on again, so may be configurable on 8V aswell, also how long before after pulling the stalk that the washers start.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

5th Gear

Status
    pull for longer than 2 seconds and if the lights are on they will wash whatever has happened previously
    VCDS in North Wales
    2007 A6 3.0TDi S-Line Le Mans Avant , adaptive xenon lights, sunroof, privacy glass, towbar, led rears & randomly rear seat airbags
    1999 Honda S2000 , mcb low milage jap import, fully bushed, mugen exhaust <<< for sale! <<<
    2001 Passat TDi 130 Sport < sold!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/Ste_Nova/Passat/PB140007s.jpg

1st Gear

Status
    Just want to check if anyone has any success with the headlight washer system.

I've just tried it and nothing seems to happen. (Headlights are on in auto mode and washing the windscreen)
    On order (June 2013):
    Audi A3 Sportback Sport 1.4 TFSI, Scuba Blue, Xenon light package, Comfort package, Folding door mirrors & Advance Key
    Confirmed build date early August Built, delivery September for 63 plate, ​collection on 2nd Sept 12pm COLLECTED

Reverse Gear

Status
    No probs with the system. The only thing is to make sure they are actually on (rather than in stand-by in auto). If they are on, you should get the washing every so often!

5th Gear

Status
    Yeah mine work ok even in Auto. Washes the headlights with every X number of windscreen washes. It annoys me though as quite often I've only recently cleaned the car and then I spray the windscreen and end up with water all over the bonnet and lights.... wish there was a way to disable/control it manually!
    JohnnyM100 likes this.
    2013 8V Glacier White A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI S-line Mnaual
    SE Suspension, Tech Pack, B&O, Comfort Pack, Electric folding mirrors, Park Assist, TPMS, Interior Light Pack

6th Gear

Status
    You can't - it's the law for Xenon lights to have a washer system!
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack