Monster MotorsportAH Fabrications
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Vertigo1

Thread: Shuffle function on AMI connected to iPod

ans
    Reverse Gear

Status

Shuffle function on AMI connected to iPod

Hi, I've read posts on the forum but still can't find a solution. I've got a 4th gen iPod Touch connected to MMI using a red grommit cable but can't find the shuffle/random playback option at all. I've tried setting shuffle on the iPod before connecting it to the AMI, but as soon as it's connected, the shuffle function on the iPod turns off. I've tried using playlists, all tracks, by artists but still no shuffle.

Has anyone got any ideas to what the issue might be?

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Interesting, can't say I've tried looking for that yet, will do so a bit later.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

ans
    Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks, hopefully you will have better luck than I did. Spent weeks trying to find it.

1st Gear

Status
    In my last Audi (pre-AMI MMI) I used to stick it on shuffle manually then plug in it in and it works. I've read the manual cover to cover and not found the shuffle using the controls sadly.
    Audi A3 1.6 TDI S-Line Daytona Grey
    Ordered
    15 August 2012 with Heated Seats, Electric Lumber Support, Folding Wing Mirrors and Privacy Glass. Arrived 30 November 2012.

ans
    Reverse Gear

Status
    I've tried that but its almost like the car overrides the settings on the iPod as when I check the iPod the shuffle is then turned off. I'm suprised that its so difficult to find, if its even there in the first place.

6th Gear

Status
    It's there.

Hit Settings (bottom right soft button), then third option down is Random Playback. Check it.
    suzannec likes this.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

ans
    Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi Vertigo, was you definately under the ipod settings on the AMI? The only settings I got was sound settings, input level, repeat settings and reduced display. Using an SD Card I get the random playback as the 2nd option but with the ipod it eludes me.

6th Gear

Status
    Yep, this is with an iPod Touch 32GB third gen connected via the AMI red grommet cable. Bizarre that the option isn't there for you.

EDIT: Running iOS 5.1.1 if that makes any difference. Refusing to upgrade either the iPod or my iPhone to iOS 6 just yet, although it seems fine on the iPad.

ans
    Reverse Gear

Status
    Hmmm that might be why as I have iOS 6.0.1 installed. I'll try downgrading. I don't have the tech pack so that may be another reason why it ain't there

6th Gear

Status
    Afraid you can't downgrade iOS

ans
    Reverse Gear

Status
    Tried using my iPad on iOS 5.1.1 and still the same. Really have no idea why it's not showing. It must because I don't have the tech pack. Has your MMI been updated sinc you got it?