JMB RetrofitsSky Insurance
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Vertigo1

Thread: bluetooth connection

2nd Gear

Status

bluetooth connection

To all you new owners out there....

Dealer bluetoothed both my work phone and personnal phone up to the MMi when i first picked it up, and as he was doing it said, he'd set it up so my personnal phone would always take preference, so both where techanically live and could recivie calls over the bluetooth.

Since ive been mucking about with it , as you do, i can now only have one or the other connected at any one time.!

Did i miss hear him, or am i doing something wrong, couldnt find anything in the phone setup section to allow preference from one over the other??

It will let me have one connected to the bluetooth "music" and one to the bluetooth "phone" , is that what he ment i wonder?

Mark.
    Audi A3 8v 2.0TDi S-Line, glacier white.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    I've not got my A3 yet but in my A1 you can connect 2 phones via bluetooth but only 1 for calls and 1 for music.

I'd assume the A3 would be the same.

Maybe he meant that if you get in the car with both phones it will pair with your personal phone rather than your work one?
    A3 S-Line 1.4 tfsi | Daytona Grey | Heated Seats

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by stevey_cam View Post
    I've not got my A3 yet but in my A1 you can connect 2 phones via bluetooth but only 1 for calls and 1 for music.

I'd assume the A3 would be the same.

Maybe he meant that if you get in the car with both phones it will pair with your personal phone rather than your work one?
    you maybe right, i had started to glaze over when he got to that part!

6th Gear

Status
    You can only have one phone connected to the bluetooth at a time. As for which connects, it's just the first one the car sees as far as I'm aware, so if you have both on you it'll either be a lottery which connects first or else something like the first one that was paired as it'd be first in the internal list but I'm guessing. As far as I know there's no option to prioritise phones.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo1 View Post
    You can only have one phone connected to the bluetooth at a time. As for which connects, it's just the first one the car sees as far as I'm aware, so if you have both on you it'll either be a lottery which connects first or else something like the first one that was paired as it'd be first in the internal list but I'm guessing. As far as I know there's no option to prioritise phones.
    he def' said "takes preference" , maybe it is just which one is top of the list , so iPhone was paired first so that's the one it will always take first !

6th Gear

Status
    Quite possibly although you need to bear in mind that, in my experience, most people at the dealerships know pretty much bugger all and are guessing most of the time
    Spurrellian likes this.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

2nd Gear

Status
    Quick question on the connection of phones with the car, well actually 2.

When you upload an address book how do you access it? I can only ever view my numbers from the phone I have attached.?

Also just like the songs and the Dab, when in a call there is a grey box to the right showing just a shadow outline of a person do you think this should be showing your attached pics in your phone address book?

Mark

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by number3 View Post

When you upload an address book how do you access it? I can only ever view my numbers from the phone I have attached.?

Also just like the songs and the Dab, when in a call there is a grey box to the right showing just a shadow outline of a person do you think this should be showing your attached pics in your phone address book?

Mark
    I usually just switch the MMI to phone, then use a voice command to call someone. Pretty sure there is a Directory option where you can see all of your contacts. You can also use the wee screen between the speed and rev counter to bring up your contacts.
    A3 2.0 TDI S Line Daytona Grey with Comfort Pack and SD Sat Nav. LOVE IT !!!!!

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by number3 View Post

When you upload an address book how do you access it? I can only ever view my numbers from the phone I have attached.
    So you want to view a contact list of a phone thats not currently attached to the car, unless audi have allowed actual contacts upload to be static on mmi even when phone disconnected, then afaik its always been just the contact list of the connected handset, has this been upgraded with this mmi?

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

6th Gear

Status
    On MMI 2G you can copy your contacts from your phone into the internal memory of the car and these can be fetched by pressing the NAME button.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Thats interesting as I never noticed this before, always the small things lol, thanks for info.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK