Weird suspension noises

Vertigo1

Reaction score
Does anyone else's suspension make some odd clunking noises when driving over things like speedbumps? Only seems to happen sometimes and is fine aside from that.

Might get the dealer to stick it up on a lift and have a check to make sure nothing's loose!

In other news, my satnav map crashed again yesterday. Everything else working, including voice directions, but the map was frozen and had to hard reset the MMI. That's twice in just over a month - think they need to iron some bugs out of it!

Just out of interest, how do you hard reset the MMI? Is your sat nav the SD card based system?

Does anyone else's suspension make some odd clunking noises when driving over things like speedbumps? Only seems to happen sometimes and is fine aside from that.

I'd get this checked out, wouldn't do any harm to mention about the problems with the sat nav as well. There might not be anything they can do about it but at least they're made aware and if it's recorded some where it might push Audi to release a software update.

cant say ive noticed anything on mine yet, but your a few months ahead of me on ownership! cant remember, what suspension set up is yours?

Also on the sat nav front you have the super duper tech pack one, have you had a look to see if there is a software update for it online with Audi. I was looking to see if there was one for mine, only the standard one, but couldnt find anything. Saying that they havent been out all that long.

Mark.

Think I will get them to check it over and will also mention the nav crashes - like you say they won't do anything but if they can at least report it. I have the standard Sport suspension on mine.

As for software updates, I wouldn't have thought these would be something you could apply yourself, where are you looking for them?

Resetting the MMI is done by pressing MENU, the MMI wheel and the top-right soft button simultaneously and then releasing.

Think I will get them to check it over and will also mention the nav crashes - like you say they won't do anything but if they can at least report it. I have the standard Sport suspension on mine.

As for software updates, I wouldn't have thought these would be something you could apply yourself, where are you looking for them?

Resetting the MMI is done by pressing MENU, the MMI wheel and the top-right soft button simultaneously and then releasing.

Just on the audi web site, other cars ive owned with satnav, youve been able to download updates from there web site, like speed camera updates etc.

You mean other brands of car? To my knowledge Audi have never published such updates on their website.

They have provided software updates but these are usually incorporated into the updated map discs you purchase, although there's no reason you can't have a disc with just the software update on it, they've never sold these as far as I know.

Not sure how it works with the HDD based systems nowadays - presumably you can still update via the CD/DVD drive or even an SD card but I think it's a dealer-only job. I'll enquire when I pop in to report the issue.

Haven't had anything yet...Had a really strange one with the radio the other night, wondered if any one has had the same...It basically sounded as if there was a really bad interference with the speakers, a loud buzzing noise even with the MMI turned off completely. It then became even louder if I was to play any audio through it, it also ruined the sound quality allowing no bass what so ever and sounded as if the sound was coming through water! very odd indeed, It only stopped after restarting the car twice!

Anybody have any ideas >? :)

I've seen in the MMI somewhere a menu for software update and you can specify if it's from sd card or somewhere else, cd maybe can't remember... Maybe it's possible to update yourself or maybe something that only audi have access to... Either way the option is there!