Oldie looking at new A3

Chappy

Call me Dan!
Reaction score
I've been on here a while guys having an 8P3 last year.
i then switched to BMW and didn't think I needed to look back til I test drove the new A3 for a few hours and loved it.

I was given the 1.4TSI but the dealer is going to ring me when the 2.0TDI S-Line comes in to keep it for a day or so.

My question is for those taken the car on PCP, what is your guaranteed future value? I'm trying to work out if I could afford it. My BMW 1er is worth around £10k now with about £2k owing on it so I'm just trying to work out some figures.

Spec for me would have to be

2.0TDI
S-Line
White
3 door
Bluetooth
Cruise
Maybe Sat Nav and B&O but I doubt I'll find a nearly new with the sound system!

Thanks for your help :)

I think you will find most of the new A3s on the forum are company cars. My wife has her A1 on a PCP and it worked out to be a better deal than replacing her VW Polo with another Polo, mainly due to the better residual value of the A1.

Surely someone must of purchased their own A3? Strange.

If anyone has got theirs on pcp, I'd be interested to know your rough guaranteed future value :)

Also worth having a look on drivethedeal.com

Gives an idea of discount and finance figures. I got pretty close to the discount shown without to much effort.

Must admit I've always taken a good old fashioned loan out to buy my cars, I did take a closer look at the Audi PCP deals recently for the A4 as the centre contribution of £3500 offer caught my attention, however when working out how the interest was calculated it just seemed to be a lot more costly than I'd expected it to be.

I found this thread on ASN that helped explain Audi PCP and in particular the rule of 78 calculator and how interest is calculated on PCP finance. From what I costed out on a few different cars, Audi PCP is def' not for me and I found the advertised Audi APR \ Fixed Rate was dare I say it......misleading

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-...p-finance-good-deal-opinions-appreciated.html

When I ordered my A3 SB and finance came up I showed the dealer my calculations on their finance figures and he dropped the topic like a hot potato as he knew I'd shown the real cost was a lot more than just taking a loan out via one of the usual lenders e.g. M&S finance

PCP deals will no doubt be a great way of buying a car for some, but the discussion on aforementioned thread was well worth reading to understand how it may not be as cheap as it might appear.