Sky InsuranceBadger5
    Reverse Gear

Status

Start Stop Function

Can someone please tell me if it is possible to switch off the start stop permanently or if it is on again every time the car is started?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Quote Originally Posted by Superman23 View Post
    Can someone please tell me if it is possible to switch off the start stop permanently or if it is on again every time the car is started?
    As far as I'm aware there is currently no way of switching it off permanently. I have the same system on my A3(8P) and I have spoken to an Audi Master Technician and the dealers have been told not to do it as it would affect the cars C02 rating and thus it's tax requirements.

But if anyone does find out how to do it, I would also be interested!
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Reverse Gear

Status
    I take it that it can be switched off on a specific journey if you don't want it to work?

1st Gear

Status
    It might be worth wile looking in to the logic, currently only works when the car has been above xx MPH, engine running, in neutral and brake applied.
    There may be a switch on the gearbox that detects neutral and clutch pedal not pressed which will stop the engine, it automatically starts when the clutch is pressed again, maybe a switch at the clutch pedal, may requires jumping out....

Reverse Gear

Status
    I like the auto start stop in principle, such as sitting at lights for a minute, but in crawling traffic it's a pain! Of course you can get both situations on the same drive so rather than turning it off altogether, I just rest the gear stick on 1st so the car doesn't realise it's actually in neutral (so doesn't cut engine). Perfect for crawling in traffic.

Reverse Gear

Status
    You're going to destroy the clutch plate that way

6th Gear

Status
    If you don't want it to cut in then just don't put it in manual or even do so but don't lift the clutch. Alternately just hit the switch to turn it off, although this does only work until the next time the ignition is turned off.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

Neutral

Status
    Whether its the same for the A3 or not. But In my A1. I have the fan on the wind screen (but I manually toggle the AC off) and it would seem that when the Button is pressed to put the fans onto the windscreen the car never auto stop / starts. Only when I knock the fans off completely and then stop at a junction does it then do the stop start. But as soon as I put the fan back on, the engine starts again without touching the clutch.

Neutral

Status
    Just get into the habit of switching it off every time you get in the car.