Sky InsuranceBadger5

Thread: Build week 49

1st Gear

Status

Build week 49

Car should be built around 5th December, hopefully on the road start of 2013, A4 S-line departing. My Q5 is full S-Line spec on Daytona Grey and 20" offroad alloys, so the A3 will be the toy.....

Spec
    2.0 TDI
    Scuba Blue
    Full S-Line spec including suspension
    privacy glass
    fine nappa leather
    heated seats
    heated/folding mirrors
    tyre pressure monitoring

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Car has been built, still at factory going through quality control, hopefully should be in Aberdeen in the next 10 days...
    If later I cannot see it being preped and ready until mid January

A3, 2.0 TDI, S-Line, 6 speed manual, Scuba Blue, S-Line suspension, heated/folding mirrors, privacy glass, fine nappa leather, heated seats, light/rain sensor pack, flat tyre indicator, Purchased and supplied by Aberdeen Audi

1st Gear

Status
    Just had word from Aberdeen Audi my car is waiting at Emden for shipping to UK, still looking good for 1st week in January hopefully.

A3, 2.0 TDI, S-Line, 6 speed manual, Scuba Blue, S-Line suspension, heated/folding mirrors, privacy glass, fine nappa leather, heated seats, light/rain sensor pack, flat tyre indicator, Purchased and supplied by Aberdeen Audi

Status
    ​Im sure your getting excited. Time will pass so slow now. Cant wait to see the pics. x
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks Sandra,

Yes it will be the First S-Line in Scuba Blue in Aberdeen (supplied by Aberdeen Audi) yes I will post pictures when I see it but I may only see the pictures myself as I work overseas and only home limited days.

Status
    Lol, hope you get back to see it soon, be nice to have a totally different colour and car, im sure Aberdeen is full of white S3's. Will see at one of the meets soon, we will be venturing up your way at some point in the first half of the year, hope your not offshore and can attend. Just keep an eye on the events section, im juggling with 4 or 5 possible meets atm. x
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks Sandra,

Yes will look out for the meets, hopefully be at home but as usual everything works out the opposite!!
    I will get pictures posted as my sons will do that for me if I am away, every new car has been picked up by my wife as I am away so I can see this one being no different.

4th Gear

Status

Build week 49

Scuba blue is a lovely colour. Bet you can't wait for its arrival!
    Current:
    A3 Black Edition 2.0 TDI 140

1st Gear

Status
    Would be keen to see pics as can't say I've seen many (if any) Scuba Blue New A3 - been told my build week is 5 so as each new owner posts updates or pics I'm like a big wean getting more excited. haha
    A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI Sport in Monsoon Grey with added extras - 5 arm 'kinetic' design wheels, comfort pack, audi sound system, storage and luggage pack, SD Satnav and Interior Light Pack.

1st Gear

Status
    I only seen the colour Scuba Blue on a picture of a Q5 which I thought looked nice. Basically the car has been spec'd by my wife, test drove by my wife and final order by me, I have never been inside an A3 so let's hope Audi stand up to their reputation as my Q5 and A4. I didn't take the NAV option on the A3 as I have been let down on the Q5 with this, the map is a out 20 months out of date on a car that was built in February/March 2012 and no update as yet again I will have to pay hence no NAV on the A3,

Reverse Gear

Status
    some pictures of a scuba blue a3 8v s line on autotrader. Audi A3 2.0 TDI S LINE 150PS NEW MODEL 3dr 2012

Neutral

Status
    Personally I don't think pictures do scuba justice. I hate it in pictures but when I see it in the flesh I instantly love it!

1st Gear

Status
    Some colours stand out but dont change, I have had inky blue (passat), mauritius blue (A4) and these colours look so different in the shade and the bright light, the Scuba Blue colour will look the same also, as I have seen pictures of it under good day light which made us choose this colour.
    I currently have a Harley Davidson which is Colbolt Blue, this looks purple in the shade but the full effect of the colour in the sun is amazing.

1st Gear

Status
    Just heard from Aberdeen Audi the A3 is in the UK now waiting for transport to Aberdeen, heading to Spain for 8 days so everything should be ready when I come back.

1st Gear

Status
    Aberdeen Audi phoned regarding car pick up date, Friday no good as my wife is working and I am in Spain, salesman is on weekend off so it will have to be Monday. I did ask why anyone else cannot release the car, no positive answer other than they like the salesman to follow through to the end.

1st Gear

Status
    Car picked up today will post pictures later, so far very inpresed having never driven the A3 before. The full S-line spec and suspension is brilliant, I would actually say it is better than my departed A4 S-line.
    The Scuba Blue colour is very interesting, when the car was in the show room and we were 30ft from the car it looked black, as we got closer the true affect of the colour stood out.

5th Gear

Status
    It seems everyone who ordered from the Audi main dealer is getting Theres first
    Because I ordered mine through a broker ive had to wait ages..... Told originally march 1st , then April early, now mid to late April.

Well annoyed.
    Current: 2013 Audi A3 2.0 tdi s line 8V in black SD nav+ extras, E46 BMW M3, 1971 Volvo p1800, 2014 Ford transit sport 155ps ;-)

Previous : Focus st 225 stage 1 (265 bhp and too much torque), 2002 audi s3 bam engine completely OEM, 2001 Audi a3 1.8 TQS 221bhp and about 20 other cars, majority civics ek4/ek9 and Bmw / Audi soot chucker's!

1st Gear

Status
    1.JPGscuba blue.JPG

Pick the car up on Monday drives great even with the full S-line suspension, I would say the set up is better than my departed A4 S-line. Scuba Blue, the first one sold by Aberdeen Audi in this format.
    Last edited by dieseldoug; 16th January 2013 at 19:36.