EM TuningBadger5
    1st Gear

Status

Placing order this week - help me choose the colour!

I'll be ordering my 2.0TDI S-Line Sportback this week. I've pretty much decided on the spec, but there's one thing I keep going back to - the colour!

I was planning to get Daytona Grey, it's the same colour as my A6 so I know it well, I like it a lot, and it's fairly easy to keep clean. Plus I've seen Vertigo1's S-Line in this colour and it looked great (albeit in pouring rain!!).

However - I keep looking at photos of the new A3 in Phantom Black Pearl and really like it. It's more striking than grey, I know it's harder to keep looking clean and may need more attention in that respect - but I'd be prepared to do that.

I do fancy a change of colour after my A6, so the black fits the bill there, and I've had Phantom Black before (A4 S-line Avant) and it was stunning when clean.

So, I'd be interested in people's views on these two colours for the new A3. I'm not considering any others - just these two!
    2013 A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI S-Line
    Phantom Black Pearl | Heated Nappa Leather | B&O | Technology Pack | Comfort Pack | Interior Lighting Pack | Parking System Plus | DAB | Alu Roof rails | Elec folding mirrors | Mono.pur | Rear Side Airbags | Elec lumbar
    |

SOLD 2007 A6 Avant 2.7 TDI Le Mans quattro
    Daytona Grey | Leather | MMI High | Bluetooth | Adaptive Xenons | BOSE | DAB | Heated F&R | AMI | Parking F&R | Storage Pack | Visibility Pack | Interior Light Pack |

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    To be honest I don't think there is a right answer! I've ordered a black one, it's the one I decided on after much thought. However if I see a white one, it looks good. A grey one, it looks good. I think you just have to make a choice and stick with it, as it will look good whatever.

Personally my existing car is grey, and I fancied a change. It sounds like you're edging that way too!
    A3 Sportback 1.8TFSI S-Line S-Tronic, Daytona Grey, Alum Roof Rails, Tech pack, Comfort pack, Adaptive cruise, Int light pack, Audi sound, DAB, Folding mirrors, Reversable luggage mat, 5yr warranty.

2nd Gear

Status
    if i was picking out of those two id go black
    Audi A3 8v 2.0TDi S-Line, glacier white.

6th Gear

Status
    I'm actually going to butt out of this one because I'm torn. Much as I like Daytona Grey, I've also had two pearlescent black A3s before (one Ebony, one Phantom), which is part of the reason I didn't want another. Not because I didn't like the colour - I loved it - but because I fancied a change. My last one was Lava Grey, which was about as close to black as you could get without actually being black, so felt a bit like cheating haha.

Basically the A3 does look very good in black and, if I'd not had a couple of black ones and a near-black one before, I might have been inclined to go that way. You won't go wrong with either.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

2nd Gear

Status
    check Nardies post !!! pics of a Phantom black

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo1 View Post
    I'm actually going to butt out of this one because I'm torn. Much as I like Daytona Grey, I've also had two pearlescent black A3s before (one Ebony, one Phantom), which is part of the reason I didn't want another. Not because I didn't like the colour - I loved it - but because I fancied a change. My last one was Lava Grey, which was about as close to black as you could get without actually being black, so felt a bit like cheating haha.

Basically the A3 does look very good in black and, if I'd not had a couple of black ones and a near-black one before, I might have been inclined to go that way. You won't go wrong with either.
    that's the same reason i choose white, I've had too many cars in black or grey was time for something Different.!!

1st Gear

Status
    From the pics I've seen so far on ASN, I can't say there has been a color I have not liked but for me if it's an S-Line your ordering Daytona Gray for me just shows off the lines of the car that bit more......haha I'd probably change my mind seeing 3 or 4 cars lined up in front of me in different colors, but as much as the black looks crackin I reckon I'd have def' opted for Daytona if is was an option.

Alas I have ordered a Sport so the Daytona was not an option for me...so next best choice was Monsoon Grey which was the colour of the A3 in the showroom and the one I test drove.

Must also add that in White it also looks fab especially with privacy glass also so good luck with your order it's a big decision
    A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI Sport in Monsoon Grey with added extras - 5 arm 'kinetic' design wheels, comfort pack, audi sound system, storage and luggage pack, SD Satnav and Interior Light Pack.

MiT
    Work Hard, Play harder!!

Status
    Have a look here for some pics.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3-...tdi-sport.html

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3-...93-colour.html

It all depends on you personally. Maybe if you wrote down the pro and cons of each colour for your self, it may help with your decision.
    when i asked around i heard all sorts of conflicting views. Everyone has there own.
    A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI S-Line
    Amalfi White || Comfort Pack || Audi Sound System 10 Speakers || Interior Light Pack || Elec Lumber Support || Sat Nav || Non Smoking pack

1st Gear

Status

Placing order this week - help me choose the colour!

Thanks everyone, I think I'll probably go for Phantom Black. It's very hard to choose when you can't see photos of what it will look like as a Sportback. Why were all the launch photos red and silver (ie not exactly the most popular colours when compared to grey, black or white!)?

I assume if I wanted to, I can actually change my colour choice up to a certain point in the order life cycle anyway (not that I plan to, but good to know I could)?
    2013 A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI S-Line
    Phantom Black Pearl | Heated Nappa Leather | B&O | Technology Pack | Comfort Pack | Interior Lighting Pack | Parking System Plus | DAB | Alu Roof rails | Elec folding mirrors | Mono.pur | Rear Side Airbags | Elec lumbar
    |

SOLD 2007 A6 Avant 2.7 TDI Le Mans quattro
    Daytona Grey | Leather | MMI High | Bluetooth | Adaptive Xenons | BOSE | DAB | Heated F&R | AMI | Parking F&R | Storage Pack | Visibility Pack | Interior Light Pack |

6th Gear

Status
    They don't tend to use dark colours for press and photo shoot cars as it's harder to see the details.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by daveb99 View Post
    Thanks everyone, I think I'll probably go for Phantom Black. It's very hard to choose when you can't see photos of what it will look like as a Sportback. Why were all the launch photos red and silver (ie not exactly the most popular colours when compared to grey, black or white!)?

Check these pics out - looks alright to me!

Audi A3 sportback | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    A3 Sportback 1.8TFSI S-Line S-Tronic, Daytona Grey, Alum Roof Rails, Tech pack, Comfort pack, Adaptive cruise, Int light pack, Audi sound, DAB, Folding mirrors, Reversable luggage mat, 5yr warranty.

MiT
    Work Hard, Play harder!!

Status
    There are white sport back pics on audi's Facebook page.
    A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI S-Line
    Amalfi White || Comfort Pack || Audi Sound System 10 Speakers || Interior Light Pack || Elec Lumber Support || Sat Nav || Non Smoking pack

Neutral

Status
    Just for good measure, monsoon grey I think. Looks good.

2013 Audi A3 Sportback - YouTube