New A3 S-Line delivered ! (With Pics)

number3

Reaction score
Hi all,

first time audi owner! :)

always had BMW's as company cars and been very pleased with them, but along with a job change I've decided to go for something different!

Been very lucky as apart from a hic up with Audi finance , the dealer was able to acquirer an A3 S-Line 2.0 TDi in glacier white that was already en route from the factory! Car was delivered to dealer this week and fingers crossed ill be picking up Wednesday :).

in addition to standard spec it has;

DAB radio
Comfort pack
Panoramic roof
privacy glass
Sat nav

quick question though as I've seen a few posts about the suspension set up.
how does this come , standard sport or lowered s-line set up?

mark.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning Mark, is that you got the car? Any pics yet? :) x

Good morning Mark, is that you got the car? Any pics yet? :) x

morning :)

I'm over at the dealers this weekend to sign paperwork so will see if I can take some pics then before I pick it up next week!
watch this space! :)

​That sounds good Mark. Im sure you are getting a little excited and impatient at the same time waiting to take delivery. Time will pass quick though, lol. :) x

Ill be honest, if they are true to their word and its ready come Wednesday it will be the quickest turn around I've ever had on a new car! I only started talking to the dealers about 3 weeks ago! Just lucky I was able to jump the line on a car already on its way with a colour and spec I wanted!

so saying that would give good recommendations on this dealer, so far so good!

"Tonbridge Audi" :)

Hi mark, what was the hiccup with Audi finance? I've gotta wait until march/April for mine:-(

Hi mark, what was the hiccup with Audi finance? I've gotta wait until march/April for mine:-(

New job, new address, and initally not enough deposit, so until i put more money down it wasnt getting accepted.

Ive been in a company car for so long i had nothing intially to put up against the car! it also means ive gotta go back to my old company to get a note from insurance proving ive had no accidents or claims , to be able to get some no claims discount!

As i said was lucky the dealer was able to find one already on route that fited the bill!

What have you ordered?

A3 sportback s-line 1.6tdi. Luckily enough it is just a commuter vehicle and a back up just in case our other vehicle is of the road.
Don't need it for speed as got a Honda Fireblade for that but still had fun speccing it up, even though is did add to the total price.
Did get a good price for my px though that helped
spec is;

Audi Warranty 5yr 90000 miles
Adapt cruise/stop&go/pre sense
Interior lighting package
Comfort package
Ext mirr elec/heat/fold
Cruise control
Reversing camera
Technology package
Hold assist
Delete mod & eng tech design.
Flat tire indicator
Perf Alcantara/leather S line
Adaptive light with Xenons
Privacy glass
Reversible luggage comp mat
Parking aid at front
Heated seats
Rhrough load hatch

think that's it, lol

still no build week or delivery date but the sportback isn't released until at least march so we have a bit of a wait.

Another quick question, are there any good winter rubber matts for the A3?

The S Line comes as standard with Sports suspension so 15mm lower than standard (SE). You have to 'upgrade' to S Line suspension at zero cost which is a further 10mm lower than Sport. You can also 'downgrade' to standard SE suspension if you wish.

It would seem most people prefer to go with Sports anyway for a good compromise...

A3 sportback s-line 1.6tdi. Luckily enough it is just a commuter vehicle and a back up just in case our other vehicle is of the road.
Don't need it for speed as got a Honda Fireblade for that but still had fun speccing it up, even though is did add to the total price.
Did get a good price for my px though that helped.
spec is;
Comfort package
Ext mirr elec/heat/fold
Cruise control
Reversing camera
Technology package
Hold assist
Delete mod & eng tech design
Flat tire indicator
Privacy glass
Parking aid at front
Heated seats
Through load hatch
think that's it, lol
still no build week or delivery date but the sportback isn't released until at least march so we have a bit of a wait.

So either way I'd be stuck with what ever had been specified? Or as its a no cost change would the dealer be able to change?

Ive only test driven with the standard sport set up, anybody comment on how firm the additional suspension is?

Did get a good price for my px though that helped.
spec is;
Comfort package
Ext mirr elec/heat/fold
Cruise control
Reversing camera
Technology package
Hold assist
Delete mod & eng tech design
Flat tire indicator
Privacy glass
Parking aid at front
Heated seats
Through load hatch
think that's it, lol

Sounds like a good spec! :)

shame the wait is so long :( it's one of the reasons I went for the 3 door as I didn't want to wait lol

Sounds like a good spec! :)

shame the wait is so long :( it's one of the reasons I went for the 3 door as I didn't want to wait lol

we have 2 kids so a 3 door would have been a major pain,lol.

Anyway, I'm a patient guy,lol

So either way I'd be stuck with what ever had been specified? Or as its a no cost change would the dealer be able to change?

Ive only test driven with the standard sport set up, anybody comment on how firm the additional suspension is?

No cost down/upgrade at time of ordering but once the car has been delivered I would imagine you'll get charged full cost of new suspension plus labour to change... I've got Sports at the moment but ordered new one with S Line... Not really sure how different it will be...

Its all getting very exciting!!!

Just had confirmation from dealer for had over next Wednesday!!

Also confirmed its coming with the S-Line suspension set up :/

Been given the Reg so i can sort insurance, and it ends in VXR, told them they do realise its an Audi im buying not a Vauxhall! lol

Its all getting very exciting!!!

Just had confirmation from dealer for had over next Wednesday!!

Also confirmed its coming with the S-Line suspension set up :/

Been given the Reg so i can sort insurance, and it ends in VXR, told them they do realise its an Audi im buying not a Vauxhall! lol

I'm interested in hearing how you find the s-line suspension. I ordered last week for delivery in march and just left it with the standard sport suspension but thinking of maybe changing.

As above - will be very interested to hear your thoughts/impressions on the S-Line suspension. Have you driven a sport suspension model or even an 8P S-Line for comparison?

As above - will be very interested to hear your thoughts/impressions on the S-Line suspension. Have you driven a sport suspension model or even an 8P S-Line for comparison?

I've had two test drives but both cars had sport suspension. The dealer says they only ever order demos with the standard option for suspension. I've got an A1 S-Line and it's solid, to the point where it probably compromises the handling on anything but perfect roads.

The sport suspension on mine is a lot more compliant and less jarring than the 8P S-Line I had before. I'd suspect the S-Line suspension will be similar to the 8P. I never really had a problem with it tbh, and had two S-Line 8Ps, but sometimes passengers said it was a little firm - I think they notice more than the driver does tbh. Never felt it harmed road-holding or handling though, at least not that I noticed round the Nurburgring :D

Am in a 62' sportback "sport" at the moment which my company have leased for me until my car turns up, so will
be able to give a good comparison.

Mark.

I'm actually not convinced there was ever really much difference between the sport and s-line suspension in the old model. The S-Line was a little lower but, in terms of ride and compliance, I think they were much the same.

Just back from dealer finance signed , and still on Wednesday!

no pictures though as it still had its delivery wrap on it !! Lol

maybe quite sad....but I quite like seeing new cars all wrapped up......never got the chance to see my current A3 SB when it was delivered before collecting it but I will try and get a wee look at my new SB when it arrives next year (March seems an eternity way at the moment).

I mind seeing years ago at Stirling Audi a row of brand spanking new TTs and each was like a christmas prezzie all carefully sealed. Was a wonderful sight to behold.

maybe quite sad....but I quite like seeing new cars all wrapped up......never got the chance to see my current A3 SB when it was delivered before collecting it but I will try and get a wee look at my new SB when it arrives next year (March seems an eternity way at the moment).

I mind seeing years ago at Stirling Audi a row of brand spanking new TTs and each was like a christmas prezzie all carefully sealed. Was a wonderful sight to behold.

haha, it did indeed look like a wrapped up present, I didn't think anybody would want to see that so didn't bother !
My dad was with me salavating over a black R8 lol

Dealer just sent me a quick pic of car!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 1,237
Reactions: akf2000 and vimy
So pleased they was able to find one with the panoramic roof it really sets the white off on the rest of the car, also breaks the colour up nicely :)

Looks great!

I heard today that the estimated delivery date for my A3 2.0TDI S-Line Sportback, in glacier white and with sun roof, is 15th April 2013!

Having seen this photo, now can't wait! Roll on Spring!

the car looking stunning......Good luck driving her mate when you pick her up :thumbsup:

Lucky man, I'm not envious much, lol.
Remember, we won't believe you without pics:) lol

Mark, we all waiting patiently, we dont mind if the car is in the dark, use the flash on your camera, lol. :) x

sorry phone decided it wasn't going to upload !! home now so here we go!!!

IMG 0652IMG 0654IMG 0665IMG 0664IMG 0662

Reactions: Sandra
Reactions: DavieG87