Chris NottAH Fabrications
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: New A3 S-Line delivered ! (With Pics)

Neutral

Status

New A3 S-Line delivered ! (With Pics)

Very nice!
    A3 S-Line 1.4 tfsi | Daytona Grey | Heated Seats

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    April seems so far away now, looking good mark.

2nd Gear

Status
    i finally called it a night, and my first impressions of the drive , actually the whole car, remember only test drove a S-line with "sport" suspension..............A-maz-ing !!!!!!!!

The ride is def' harder than the sport, obviously, but not greatly , just enough to make my grin even bigger!

My opinion at the moment ( after a few hours driving ) s-line suspension set up all the way.!!!!

Mark.
    Audi A3 8v 2.0TDi S-Line, glacier white.

2nd Gear

Status
    Such a fantastic looking car, congratulations.
    The more I see the new A3, the more I love it.

Can't wait for the S3 Sportback so i can place my order!
    MY10 S3 Sportback - 6Sp Manual - Sprint Blue
    REVO Stage 2+ /
    Forge Twintake / 3" Miltek Hybrid DP/​ Autotech HPFP
    Bilstein PSS10
    / H&R 10/12mm Spacers / BFI Dog Bone /EBC Yellowstuff

BUILD THREAD

1st Gear

Status

New A3 S-Line delivered ! (With Pics)

Very, very nice - congrats, what a stunning looking car. Roll on April, when my Sportback arrives!
    2013 A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI S-Line
    Phantom Black Pearl | Heated Nappa Leather | B&O | Technology Pack | Comfort Pack | Interior Lighting Pack | Parking System Plus | DAB | Alu Roof rails | Elec folding mirrors | Mono.pur | Rear Side Airbags | Elec lumbar
    |

SOLD 2007 A6 Avant 2.7 TDI Le Mans quattro
    Daytona Grey | Leather | MMI High | Bluetooth | Adaptive Xenons | BOSE | DAB | Heated F&R | AMI | Parking F&R | Storage Pack | Visibility Pack | Interior Light Pack |

2nd Gear

Status
    Am hoping for a bit of traffic on way home lol
    have we got a section for dealership reviews?

Mark.

2nd Gear

Status
    quick valet done on car this morning, so busy now uptill christmas was never gonna get round to it, anytime soon.
    Used a local guy , CTW Valeting , mini valet , finished with polish, wax protection on bodywork and wheels, dodo jucie products used.

IMG_0688[1].jpg
    kendo and Audion like this.

Neutral

Status
    Looks fantastic

I was wondering about aftercare, and when people started waxing etc. Is the protection you have had done more than would have been on there originally? Do Audi recommend anything to do?

Just not sure at what point you mess with the original newness and start spraying dash board shine around etc!

Cheers.
    A3 Sportback 1.8TFSI S-Line S-Tronic, Daytona Grey, Alum Roof Rails, Tech pack, Comfort pack, Adaptive cruise, Int light pack, Audi sound, DAB, Folding mirrors, Reversable luggage mat, 5yr warranty.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff777lufc View Post
    Looks fantastic

I was wondering about aftercare, and when people started waxing etc. Is the protection you have had done more than would have been on there originally? Do Audi recommend anything to do?

Just not sure at what point you mess with the original newness and start spraying dash board shine around etc!

Cheers.
    I'll be doing mine at the 1st opportunity. The dealer made a bit of an arse of my A1.

I'm planning on using gtechniq exo for the paintwork and G1 for the glass.

Reverse Gear

Status
    What are your impressions of the sunroof? Does it make the interior very light and was it worth the cost?

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff777lufc View Post
    Looks fantastic

Cheers.
    if anyone came near my car with dashboard shine ... I'd kill em lol!!

to be honest I've never taken the dealer option of paint protect usually an autoglym product as they charge stupid amounts for something I could do better! And cheaper! Just happens this time round am soooo busy I would be leaving it to long. New car whether it was spotless when I'd have picked it up, straight home for a clean polish and wax , get some proper protection on that paintwork!!

.Mark

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman23 View Post
    What are your impressions of the sunroof? Does it make the interior very light and was it worth the cost?
    yes and yes lol!! Also if you go for a lighter colour option it adds to the look of the car in my opinion .

2nd Gear

Status
    Not sure this will show, looks ok on my iPhone strangely!

the milled finish ( think thats worded right ) of the wheels looked the nuts against the street lights!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2nd Gear

Status
    Again, can’t say enough about them but Tonbridge Audi do really push the boat out.

Car is going in on Friday , initially to check the sunroof as its developed a rattle L, will be in most of the day, as its also getting a health check, valet and system update if needed, understand this is probably standard but coming from a company car of many years , and before that mostly Fords or Vauxhalls, just not used to it, they also offered to stream the work being completed to their lovely big flat screen in the dealers waiting area, if I wanted to stay and watch.

Now I was tempted but no, only issue was they had no courtesy cars availably on that day, so was almost stuck, until I got a call from my salesman who sold me the car, asked if my dad was still looking at getting an AllRoad? Which he is, so will be picking up a brand new AllRoad for the day or more if needed whilst my car is being worked on. Only stipulation is my Dad at least looks at it lol.!!!

5th Gear

Status
    pity your dad wasn't after an R8
    VCDS in North Wales
    2007 A6 3.0TDi S-Line Le Mans Avant , adaptive xenon lights, sunroof, privacy glass, towbar, led rears & randomly rear seat airbags
    1999 Honda S2000 , mcb low milage jap import, fully bushed, mugen exhaust <<< for sale! <<<
    2001 Passat TDi 130 Sport < sold!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/Ste_Nova/Passat/PB140007s.jpg

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ste_Nova View Post
    pity your dad wasn't after an R8
    Lol indeedy!!!

there is a Porsche dealers right next door , but there was no convincing him lol

3rd Gear

Status
    Love the colour.

I was sold on Daytona Grey but now having second thoughts....
    2013 A3 Sportback 2.0TDi 150 S-Line - Daytona Grey, B&O, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, SD Nav, Hill Hold Assist.
    2010 A4 2.0TDi 170 S Line | 2008 Golf GT Sport 140 | 2008 S3 | 2005 A3 2.0TDi 140 S Line | 2003 TT 225 | 1998 A4 2.8 Quattro

2nd Gear

Status
    Just dropped my car off at the dealers, and correct me if I'm wrong but this is not an AllRoad lol !!

very nice car, but it's a bit tight down by the pedals , clutch is almost off centre!!!

6th Gear

Status
    I had an A4 loaner a while back and the pedals were shockingly offset. I checked and the clutch is actually in perfect line with the steering column!
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

2nd Gear

Status
    Well this A5 is the same, I've actually come home and changed into trainers !!!

6th Gear

Status
    It's just piss-poor design and a lack of consideration for the right-hand drive market. Left hand drive cars have the accelerator next to the central tunnel but, since this is just a potentiometer these days with no mechanical linkage required behind it, there's no problem. When they switch to right-hand drive, obviously the clutch needs to be next to the central tunnel and this does need a mechanical linkage, for which there often isn't space, so they have to move it away from the tunnel, shunting all the pedals to the right.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

North East Forum Moderator

Status
    Looks stunning in white!!
    Audi A3 2.0TFSI S Line SE DSG

JMB Retrofits - North East Retrofit Company

2nd Gear

Status
    Car Now back with me and all fixed, no more creaking sunroof.!!

2nd Gear

Status
    image.jpgCar came back all nice and clean , so pics below in the rain lol

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by number3 View Post
    image.jpgCar came back all nice and clean , so pics below in the rain lol
    Just looking at your car makes me happy Mark lol. Looks stunning

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisJL View Post
    Just looking at your car makes me happy Mark lol. Looks stunning
    chris.........can't you hear that whispering ....... Ooooorrrddddeeeerrrr mmeeeeee...... Lol

Reverse Gear

Status
    Mark, is this the sline suspension or the sports suspension? Looks low.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Joosth View Post
    Mark, is this the sline suspension or the sports suspension? Looks low.
    Its with the S-Line suspension

Reverse Gear

Status
    Nice, are you happy with how the suspension handles the high and low speed bumps on the motorway and country roads. Can you compare it with the previous A3?

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Joosth View Post
    Nice, are you happy with how the suspension handles the high and low speed bumps on the motorway and country roads. Can you compare it with the previous A3?
    very happy, to be honest I prefer a firm ride and this gives me that! Do some country roads but mostly motorway, and high and low speed bumps are not that far off my old A3 with sport set up, the biggest difference is cornering , feels so much more solid!!

Also You feel more of a general rumble on all roads, but I like that!

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by number3 View Post
    chris.........can't you hear that whispering ....... Ooooorrrddddeeeerrrr mmeeeeee...... Lol

lol I hear it, but I'm not sure which engine it is thats calling me

5th Gear

Status
    order quick they just put my delivery date back to mid april now! i dont like waiting
    Current: 2013 Audi A3 2.0 tdi s line 8V in black SD nav+ extras, E46 BMW M3, 1971 Volvo p1800, 2014 Ford transit sport 155ps ;-)

Previous : Focus st 225 stage 1 (265 bhp and too much torque), 2002 audi s3 bam engine completely OEM, 2001 Audi a3 1.8 TQS 221bhp and about 20 other cars, majority civics ek4/ek9 and Bmw / Audi soot chucker's!

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s33nyboy12 View Post
    order quick they just put my delivery date back to mid april now! i dont like waiting
    Is that a Sportback or 3-door? what you reallywant is an email stating it has been brought forward!!!

1st Gear

Status
    I'm not sure if it's still the case, but a few years ago Audi had a scheme in place whereby they'd provide you with a temporary car if your order got delayed. I'm not sure if it still exists, or the exact conditions around it, but it may be worth asking your dealer/broker/lease company

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazzz View Post
    I'm not sure if it's still the case, but a few years ago Audi had a scheme in place whereby they'd provide you with a temporary car if your order got delayed. I'm not sure if it still exists, or the exact conditions around it, but it may be worth asking your dealer/broker/lease company
    I don't think this has ever been a general policy but it was the case a year or two back when there were major delays on the 8P S-Line Black Edition. People were given expected delivery dates which were then put back by months and Audi started giving courtesy cars to a lot of affected people.

Neutral

Status
    This is an extract from the back of the A3 brochure:

New car delivery
    Once we’ve confirmed a delivery date
    for your car, we’ll keep you informed of
    progress. Subject to reasonable notice,
    we’ll then deliver it to a place of your
    choice, whether that’s your home or place
    of work. In the unlikely event of a delay,
    we’ll provide a courtesy car to minimise
    inconvenience and keep you mobile

6th Gear

Status
    Aha - I stand corrected

3rd Gear

Status
    Is expected delivery date the same as confirmed delivery date?

I have an expected delivery date which appears to be the dealer's best estimate from the point of order, which is currently beginning of May. I'll get a confirmed delivery date after the build week is known.

My guess is Audi will hide behind the terminology on this one, as I have a feeling orders will take a little longer to fulfil than dealers have estimated!
    2013 A3 Sportback 2.0TDi 150 S-Line - Daytona Grey, B&O, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, SD Nav, Hill Hold Assist.
    2010 A4 2.0TDi 170 S Line | 2008 Golf GT Sport 140 | 2008 S3 | 2005 A3 2.0TDi 140 S Line | 2003 TT 225 | 1998 A4 2.8 Quattro

5th Gear

Status
    You have a build date, then usually 4 weeks after ( 28 days) until delivery. Mine is march 1st scheduled build date and last week April/ 1st week May delivery date. But because they are nice I get a weekly email update! I don't want an update, I want my car.

Sean
    Current: 2013 Audi A3 2.0 tdi s line 8V in black SD nav+ extras, E46 BMW M3, 1971 Volvo p1800, 2014 Ford transit sport 155ps ;-)

Previous : Focus st 225 stage 1 (265 bhp and too much torque), 2002 audi s3 bam engine completely OEM, 2001 Audi a3 1.8 TQS 221bhp and about 20 other cars, majority civics ek4/ek9 and Bmw / Audi soot chucker's!

Reverse Gear

Status
    hmmmmm awesome... Love the black roof. The color of the car is looking very nice. Thanks for sharing... I hope you will share the interior photos when the car will dilever to you. Thanks for sharing these photos.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast