New A3 S-Line delivered ! (With Pics)

i finally called it a night, and my first impressions of the drive , actually the whole car, remember only test drove a S-line with "sport" suspension..............A-maz-ing !!!!!!!!

The ride is def' harder than the sport, obviously, but not greatly , just enough to make my grin even bigger!

My opinion at the moment ( after a few hours driving ) s-line suspension set up all the way.!!!!

Mark. :)

Such a fantastic looking car, congratulations.
The more I see the new A3, the more I love it.

Can't wait for the S3 Sportback so i can place my order!

Very, very nice - congrats, what a stunning looking car. Roll on April, when my Sportback arrives!

Am hoping for a bit of traffic on way home :) lol
have we got a section for dealership reviews?

Mark.

quick valet done on car this morning, so busy now uptill christmas was never gonna get round to it, anytime soon.
Used a local guy , CTW Valeting , mini valet , finished with polish, wax protection on bodywork and wheels, dodo jucie products used.

View attachment 8774

Reactions: kendo and Audion
Looks fantastic :)

I was wondering about aftercare, and when people started waxing etc. Is the protection you have had done more than would have been on there originally? Do Audi recommend anything to do?

Just not sure at what point you mess with the original newness and start spraying dash board shine around etc!

Cheers.

I was wondering about aftercare, and when people started waxing etc. Is the protection you have had done more than would have been on there originally? Do Audi recommend anything to do?

Just not sure at what point you mess with the original newness and start spraying dash board shine around etc!

Cheers.

I'll be doing mine at the 1st opportunity. The dealer made a bit of an **** of my A1.

I'm planning on using gtechniq exo for the paintwork and G1 for the glass.

What are your impressions of the sunroof? Does it make the interior very light and was it worth the cost?

Cheers.

if anyone came near my car with dashboard shine ... I'd kill em lol!!

to be honest I've never taken the dealer option of paint protect usually an autoglym product as they charge stupid amounts for something I could do better! And cheaper! Just happens this time round am soooo busy I would be leaving it to long. New car whether it was spotless when I'd have picked it up, straight home for a clean polish and wax , get some proper protection on that paintwork!!

.Mark

What are your impressions of the sunroof? Does it make the interior very light and was it worth the cost?

yes and yes lol!! Also if you go for a lighter colour option it adds to the look of the car in my opinion :).

Not sure this will show, looks ok on my iPhone strangely!

the milled finish ( think thats worded right ) of the wheels looked the nuts against the street lights!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 807
Again, can’t say enough about them but Tonbridge Audi do really push the boat out.

Car is going in on Friday , initially to check the sunroof as its developed a rattle L, will be in most of the day, as its also getting a health check, valet and system update if needed, understand this is probably standard but coming from a company car of many years , and before that mostly Fords or Vauxhalls, just not used to it, they also offered to stream the work being completed to their lovely big flat screen in the dealers waiting area, if I wanted to stay and watch.

Now I was tempted but no, only issue was they had no courtesy cars availably on that day, so was almost stuck, until I got a call from my salesman who sold me the car, asked if my dad was still looking at getting an AllRoad? Which he is, so will be picking up a brand new AllRoad for the day or more if needed whilst my car is being worked on. Only stipulation is my Dad at least looks at it lol.!!!

Love the colour.

I was sold on Daytona Grey but now having second thoughts....

Just dropped my car off at the dealers, and correct me if I'm wrong but this is not an AllRoad lol !!

very nice car, but it's a bit tight down by the pedals , clutch is almost off centre!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 687
I had an A4 loaner a while back and the pedals were shockingly offset. I checked and the clutch is actually in perfect line with the steering column!

Well this A5 is the same, I've actually come home and changed into trainers !!!

It's just ****-poor design and a lack of consideration for the right-hand drive market. Left hand drive cars have the accelerator next to the central tunnel but, since this is just a potentiometer these days with no mechanical linkage required behind it, there's no problem. When they switch to right-hand drive, obviously the clutch needs to be next to the central tunnel and this does need a mechanical linkage, for which there often isn't space, so they have to move it away from the tunnel, shunting all the pedals to the right.

ImageCar came back all nice and clean , so pics below in the rain lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 399
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 414
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 518
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 389
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 402
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 445
Mark, is this the sline suspension or the sports suspension? Looks low.

Nice, are you happy with how the suspension handles the high and low speed bumps on the motorway and country roads. Can you compare it with the previous A3?

Nice, are you happy with how the suspension handles the high and low speed bumps on the motorway and country roads. Can you compare it with the previous A3?

very happy, to be honest I prefer a firm ride and this gives me that! Do some country roads but mostly motorway, and high and low speed bumps are not that far off my old A3 with sport set up, the biggest difference is cornering , feels so much more solid!!

Also You feel more of a general rumble on all roads, but I like that!

I'm not sure if it's still the case, but a few years ago Audi had a scheme in place whereby they'd provide you with a temporary car if your order got delayed. I'm not sure if it still exists, or the exact conditions around it, but it may be worth asking your dealer/broker/lease company

I'm not sure if it's still the case, but a few years ago Audi had a scheme in place whereby they'd provide you with a temporary car if your order got delayed. I'm not sure if it still exists, or the exact conditions around it, but it may be worth asking your dealer/broker/lease company

I don't think this has ever been a general policy but it was the case a year or two back when there were major delays on the 8P S-Line Black Edition. People were given expected delivery dates which were then put back by months and Audi started giving courtesy cars to a lot of affected people.

This is an extract from the back of the A3 brochure:

New car delivery
Once we’ve confirmed a delivery date
for your car, we’ll keep you informed of
progress. Subject to reasonable notice,
we’ll then deliver it to a place of your
choice, whether that’s your home or place
of work. In the unlikely event of a delay,
we’ll provide a courtesy car to minimise
inconvenience and keep you mobile

Is expected delivery date the same as confirmed delivery date?

I have an expected delivery date which appears to be the dealer's best estimate from the point of order, which is currently beginning of May. I'll get a confirmed delivery date after the build week is known.

My guess is Audi will hide behind the terminology on this one, as I have a feeling orders will take a little longer to fulfil than dealers have estimated!

You have a build date, then usually 4 weeks after ( 28 days) until delivery. Mine is march 1st scheduled build date and last week April/ 1st week May delivery date. But because they are nice I get a weekly email update! I don't want an update, I want my car.

Sean

hmmmmm awesome... Love the black roof. The color of the car is looking very nice. Thanks for sharing... I hope you will share the interior photos when the car will dilever to you. Thanks for sharing these photos.