Audi roof bars

poweller

Reaction score
Does anyone know if they can be used with thule carrier products, (eg bike carrier). I have just been to the local audi dealer, they weren't sure.. The a3 bars are available to order though if anyone is interested, £200 inc vat.

Does anyone know if they can be used with thule carrier products, (eg bike carrier). I have just been to the local audi dealer, they weren't sure.. The a3 bars are available to order though if anyone is interested, £200 inc vat.

i know someone at work had them on his A3 sportback the other day, off course this was not on unreleased new 8V

If they are the same Audi roof bars as the ones I have for my current A4 Avant the answer is yes.

You will need to get a kit of four threaded bolts with square plates on them. Not sure what they are called.

Edit: For example.... Thule T-track aerobar roof box adapters 697-4, will be different for bike carrier products!

The plates slide into the slot in the Audi roof bars and the Thule carrier/roof box etc. then screws onto the bolts.

I am wondering if my roof bars will fit the A3 sportback I have ordered. I expect they will not, I bet there is a few millimetres difference!

Last edited:
Recently noticed a plethora of Q5 roof bars on ebay...Has anyone tried fitting these to their A3/S3 Sportback (with rails) with success?

Does the additional pin on the one fitting for the Q5's ESP prevent them from attaching or length of bars entirely different?