A3 Order - First Post

CCWill

Reaction score
Hi All

I'm 28 from North East UK and im a BMS Engineer.

First post for me but i have enjoyed browsing for a while now (basically since i first ordered :p)

My post is not that unique and there has been many of the same but i have decided to get involved

Like Steven04 mentioned earlier this is also the first time i have been eligible for a Company car - and as with some others this is a dedicated lease company.

After much browsing through the available cars and initial tough decisions between the A CLass , Alfa Giulietta and Auid - i finally chose the Audi and believe i have made the correct decision.

Chosen Spec:
AUDI A3 DIESEL HATCHBACK 2.0 TDI S Line 3dr
Solid - Amalfi white
Biathlon cloth/pearl nappa leather - Black
8 speakers
Biathlon cloth/pearl nappa leather upholstery
Electric operated/heated door mirrors
Hill hold assist
MMI Radio with CD player and SD/HC card slot
Privacy glass
S line sports suspension
SD card satellite navigation system
Xenon plus headlights

Note: A lot of the above are standard with the Spec but i just coppied and pasted from my confirmation email.

My order was placed 24th August. I was contacted by the Audi dealer to confirm details. I was also given the option to change my suspension option from SLine to Sports to due to delays. I politely declined and decided to wait it out.

Since the order was placed i receive bi weekly emails showing the progress of the order.

First email suggested a delivery date of Jan 2013. Since then it was pretty much the same until the beginning of November when it changed.

2/11/12 - Estimated Delivery 23/11/12 - Dealership Pipeline
16/11/12 - Estimated Delivery 30/11/12 - In Transit to Dealer

So this is currently were i am at with the order. Do you think that my newest estimated delivery is accurate with the status now showing "In Transit to Dealer"?

PS - Daytona Grey is the new white going by orders posted on here? :p

Thanks

Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net. Good to have you come officially join us on the forum. There is a lot of friendly people on here with lots of knowledge on anything Audi related. Where in the north east are you located? Are you interested in meeting up with others in your area for meets? Enjoy the forum. :) x

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the order - sure you'll love it, I know I love mine :)

Welcome - I'm about to order mine as well, it's great to help each other out on here!

Well today was "meant" to be my delivery date, received a phone call from dealers on 26th Nov arranging delivery and driver was expected around 9am this morning however...

2 Days ago (28th) I receive another telephone call saying .. the Lease company has held off delivery and I need to sign some forms, they then go on to tell me that it is the lease company policy not to deliver a car on the last day of the month, and it is also the lease company policy to not do any deliveries in December.

As you can imagine I was foaming:

1. Why not send forms out in advance to be signed
2. No Last day of month delivery??
3. No deliveries in December???

Help Needed:
Got straight onto my company HR to complain - who has since contacted the lease company to say the car needs to be delivered next week.

Pray with me ppl :p

Agree with Suzanne above, sounds a bit kooky!!

I'd want confirmation firstly that it's def been delivered, where ever that maybe, otherwise it may just be a tactical delay because its not there yet??

The Lady from Audi explained that she may have arranged delivery without the full concent from Lease company - So the car is definately at the Audi dealers.

I contacted the lease company myself before my company HR who basically confirmed their policy but without any reasoning behind this.

Yep its definately a strange 1, but hopefully HR can sort it cause im sure they dont want to pay for this hire car another month while my Audi is sitting in the dealers.