Volks AutosAH Fabrications
    1st Gear

Status

Almost ready to order - finalising spec, views welcome!

I have now test driven a 2.0 TDI S-Line (3 door) and I'm almost ready to place my order for my Sportback 2.0 TDI S-Line.

Colour-wise I'm thinking Daytona Grey. It's the same colour as my A6, and is one of the very best Audi colours in my view.

As for the spec, this is what I'm thinking:

Black Leather seats
    Heated front seats
    Technology Pack
    Comfort Pack
    Parking System Plus
    Aluminium Roof rails
    DAB Radio
    Interior Lighting Pack
    B&O Sound system

We have young kids, hence the leather, and the Parking system plus is a bargain if you have it in combination with the Comfort Pack.

I like my toys (and sounds) - so I think the Technology Pack and B&O are a must for us, and I'm used to having a DAB Radio in the A6 so wouldn't be without it now (we listen to a lot of Five Live!).

I'm not bothered about all the Park Assist / Lane Assist / Pre-sense stuff. It would really wind me up I think!

Any views would be most welcome - is there anything 'essential' that I might have missed?
    2013 A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI S-Line
    Phantom Black Pearl | Heated Nappa Leather | B&O | Technology Pack | Comfort Pack | Interior Lighting Pack | Parking System Plus | DAB | Alu Roof rails | Elec folding mirrors | Mono.pur | Rear Side Airbags | Elec lumbar
    |

SOLD 2007 A6 Avant 2.7 TDI Le Mans quattro
    Daytona Grey | Leather | MMI High | Bluetooth | Adaptive Xenons | BOSE | DAB | Heated F&R | AMI | Parking F&R | Storage Pack | Visibility Pack | Interior Light Pack |

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Looks good to me!

Consider the reversible boot mat. It's only another £65 and is a godsend. I've had it in both this car and the last. Very very useful for stopping things sliding around in the boot and opens out to cover the whole load area when you have the rear seats down and carting stuff about.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

1st Gear

Status

Thanks - I will definitely take a look at that. Does it fit properly with the boot floor in both positions? What material is on either side? I have on in my A6, and it is carpet one side and like a flexible plasticky material on the other - and it too opens out (huge for the A6 Avant!)
    Phantom Black Pearl | Heated Nappa Leather | B&O | Technology Pack | Comfort Pack | Interior Lighting Pack | Parking System Plus | DAB | Alu Roof rails | Elec folding mirrors | Mono.pur | Rear Side Airbags | Elec lumbar
    |

Daytona Grey | Leather | MMI High | Bluetooth | Adaptive Xenons | BOSE | DAB | Heated F&R | AMI | Parking F&R | Storage Pack | Visibility Pack | Interior Light Pack |

6th Gear

Status
    Sounds very good to me !
    You must keep us all updated on delivery and you will have to upload some when it arrives
    Her 2011 Limited Edition A4 Dynamik 2.0 Tfsi quattro 211 BHP Saloon & Mine 2013 Bmw 535D M Sport 313 Bhp 630nm.

Reputation given for the best answer.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by daveb99 View Post
    Thanks - I will definitely take a look at that. Does it fit properly with the boot floor in both positions? What material is on either side? I have on in my A6, and it is carpet one side and like a flexible plasticky material on the other - and it too opens out (huge for the A6 Avant!)
    Yep that's what it's like on the A3 too. Regards fitting properly, I've noticed that it fits perfectly with the floor raised but, when it's lowered, you then get the hinge bits at either side just behind the rear seats and it "fouls" these, so you end up with it curving upwards a bit at the back. I could take pics if you wanted to see it for yourself.

They've added a nice little tweak to it since the one on my 8P - it now has a fabric "flap" at one end, which is designed to be draped out and over the rear bumper to add a bit of protection from scuffs whilst loading.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

1st Gear

Status

Thanks for the quick reply - sounds just like the one in my A6 with the fabric flap. How thick is it when fitted? I assume it is folded more or less in two when fitted, so when unfolded it covers the rear seat backs too?

I've had a potential change of mind about the colour. I'm now thinking of Brilliant Black (non-metallic). Seems very striking on the new A3, it will save me £8 a month in tax, and I could then add the Panoramic roof (to lighten the interior). Any views on Brilliant black? I read somewhere in this forum that a dealer had said it scratches more easily - but surely it the same clear-coat etc as the metallic and pearl finishes ?
    |

6th Gear

Status
    Yeah sounds like exactly the same with the boot mat.

Brilliant black would look good (had metallic black twice on A3s) but you need to keep it clean religiously. Not sure where you're getting the £8 a month in tax from though. The paint option is £525, so on the 2.0TDI that's £525 x 15% = £78.75 BIK value. Even at 40% tax rate, that's £31.50 in tax a year, or £2.63 a month

Neutral

Status
    Probably doesn't mean tax. If its anything like it was for me it will be the personal contribution towards the car. That's the reason I went for brilliant blank as its free

6th Gear

Status
    Ah right that makes sense

3rd Gear

Status
    Is this for an A3? from a 2.7 le mans that will be a difference in power huh?
    Current - 2006 B7 A4 S Line Saloon 2.0T TFSI Special Edition 220bhp, 18" TTRS Rotors, Ferrari Red front/rear Calipers, 3.5" Powerflow tailpipes, BOSE, Cupra R splitter, Chrome grille slats, S4 Mirror covers, Black/silver leather interior, Debadged, Arm rest delete, LED plate lights, Dectane LED Red/Crystal tail lights. remap/diverter valve soon

Gone - 2005 B7 A4 SE TDI Avant 2.0 140bhp

1st Gear

Status

Thanks guys - yes it's the personal contribution, not the tax I guess.

As for the power vs my A6 Le Mans, well it's 180bhp vs 148bhp but the A6 weighs a ton! I think the performance figures are very similar.

I'm now thinking Daytona Grey again, having seen both at yet another dealer this morning!

Essentially, with the above spec, tax and personal contribution comes to £166 per month in total, £8 less for Brilliant Black, or £15 more with the Panoramic roof.
    |

MiT
    Work Hard, Play harder!!

Status
    spec looks good, i am also looking at a 2.0 TDI S-line, i have been looking at all the colours and if you have the money go for the Daytona grey. The dealer told me the brilliant black is made from a soft compound, hence why it scratches easily. I might have to go for Almalfi white or brilliant red, leaning towards the white tbh. Only because my car allowance will not all me to spend an extra money.
    A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI S-Line
    Amalfi White || Comfort Pack || Audi Sound System 10 Speakers || Interior Light Pack || Elec Lumber Support || Sat Nav || Non Smoking pack