Thought on spec for new A3 sportback 2.0 TDI sport

MiT

Work Hard, Play harder!!
Reaction score
So am looking at getting the A3 sportback 2.0 TDI sport as a company car.
I cant get a S-line which is what i wanted. :(

I am also limited on the amount i can spend, so here is what i have come up with so far.
Would like to know your thoughts on it. thanks

(I currently drive a A3 1.9 TDI SE 54 plate)

Option 1:

Bang + Olufsen advanced sound system
Electric lumbar support
Metallic colour (still not sure which one either, Glacier white, moonson grey or ice sliver, thoughts?)
Xenon light pack (Xenon light package. Includes Adaptive headlights with Xenon Plus headlights, Light and rain sensor package and Interior lighting package)
Comfort pack (Comfort package. Includes light and rain sensors, acoustic glass with sunband, rear parking sensors, cruise control and auto-dimming rear view mirror)
17" 5 arm kinetic design alloy wheels
Rallye cloth - Black
Sports suspension
Deletion of engine designation at rear
SD card satellite navigation system (free)

Option 2:

If i remove the choice of colour and wheels i think i can squeeze in the Technology pack
then i would go for the Solid - Amalfi white and standard 17" 5 Arm design alloy wheels

Will this company car be leased on contract hire? If so then I'm very surprised you can't get the S-Line.

Options always add a shedload to the monthly price as the lease companies attach no residual value to them, so you're effectively paying the full price for them over the lease term. For that reason it's always cheaper to get the best model you can and add the least number of options.

An S-Line with the options you've listed would still cost more than a Sport, but then the S-Line already comes with the Xenons as standard and the standard 18" wheels are nice, so that would save you money.

Will this company car be leased on contract hire? If so then I'm very surprised you can't get the S-Line.

Options always add a shedload to the monthly price as the lease companies attach no residual value to them, so you're effectively paying the full price for them over the lease term. For that reason it's always cheaper to get the best model you can and add the least number of options.

An S-Line with the options you've listed would still cost more than a Sport, but then the S-Line already comes with the Xenons as standard and the standard 18" wheels are nice, so that would save you money.

lease. i cant get an S-Line and other cars for that matter due to the fact i am not allowed to get a better car then my manger of senior level. So i cant get a 3-series, A4, etc, but can get a focus, 1 series, etc, but then there a line with the models, so i cant get the new A class AMG sport, but can get the Sport. Same as this A3 really.

I am actually contributed my own money to it to get the spec i want. Am allowed to add an additional 10%. to be honest i pay just over £1000 a year for insurance so pay about £80-90 a month towards works our the same, but i get a new car and no hassle of tax, mot, service etc

am just confused as to which color to get :( i think i need to physically see a few more cars

which colour?

Ice sliver, phantom pearl black, brilliant red, glacier white

frelj.jpg

of course it all depends on me but just to get a feel, i know white is now common and so is black, but then again the do look nice currently drive a sliver and feel like a change.

There is monsoon grey as well, but didnt see one.

Here's my thoughts....

Black looks great when spotlessly clean - I had a black car a few years ago looked lovely when clean but after a drop of rain or dust on it it wasn't so good!
Red, a little too orangey for me
Silver, looks just ordinary
Glacier White, my choice, in my view fairly easy to keep clean, makes the car look bigger and it stands out amongst all the other blacks, greys, dark blues in any car park!

The Monsoon grey looks really good, and is slightly darker than the s-line only Daytona grey. My old car was a similar colour though so i fancied a change too. Bit of a shame there aren't a few more to choose from but guess that will come in time.

Of the ones you showed, I tend to agree with Trebor that white is the best option, but I agree with you that, if I couldn't get Daytona, I'd take Monsoon. Think that's somewhere between Daytona and the Lava Grey I had on my last car.

I found some pics of Moonson grey, and i do like it!

It just mean i loose the tech pack if i pick this colour :(

25044059461.jpg

audia4monsoongrey1.jpg

so after many emails and phone calls from the lease company i have selected my spec.

Hope fully HR can sign this one off, since the other one had the wrong millage on it.

This spec is at my max limit and adding on any extra paint or higher options like B&O system would get me over. :(
I guess i am kind of glad i haven't heard it, since it would make me more upset i cant have it

Audi A3 Diesel sportback 2.0 TDI S-Line

Comfort pack
Audi sound system with 10 speaker
Soild - Amalfi white
Interior light pack
Electric lumbar support
Non-smoking pack
Delection of engine designation at rear

Really wanted to choose a colour, but then said i will spend most of my time in the car when using it.
I chucked in the lumbar support and light pack, since they where lower in price and wouldn't push me over the limit.

Either way i will be happy with an S-line :)
Now need to wait for the confirmation.

so after many emails and phone calls from the lease company i have selected my spec.

Hope fully HR can sign this one off, since the other one had the wrong millage on it.

This spec is at my max limit and adding on any extra paint or higher options like B&O system would get me over. :(
I guess i am kind of glad i haven't heard it, since it would make me more upset i cant have it

Audi A3 Diesel sportback 2.0 TDI S-Line

Comfort pack
Audi sound system with 10 speaker
Soild - Amalfi white
Interior light pack
Electric lumbar support
Non-smoking pack
Delection of engine designation at rear

Really wanted to choose a colour, but then said i will spend most of my time in the car when using it.
I chucked in the lumbar support and light pack, since they where lower in price and wouldn't push me over the limit.

Either way i will be happy with an S-line :)
Now need to wait for the confirmation.

thought you couldn't spec an s-line? Have you tried to sneak it through?? Lol

thought you couldn't spec an s-line? Have you tried to sneak it through?? Lol

well....

...it (S-line) wasn't on the online system, but since i wanted to pay via personal contribution (only 10% more is allowed) i had to email the lady. She then responded with a list of the models to confirm which one i wanted, and the S-line was on there, so i jumped at the S-line :)
So i spec'd it over the phone and she emailed me and HR the quote.

Result!

Does seem daft that they wouldn't allow the S-Line in the first place as, with lease cars, it's always better to get a higher model than to add the same features as options to a lower model.

Did you consider the 1.6 and use the spare cash saved for more goodies ?

Did you consider the 1.6 and use the spare cash saved for more goodies ?

not at all. since i drive a 1.9 TDi, i wanted a car with more umph, if you know what i mean :)

My history of cars are as follows:

as second driver under dad insurance:
astra mk3 2.0 turbo injection, loved that, but was second driver and insurance was mad, so he sold it
corsa, mk1 or 2, slow and crap,

my own car:
fiesta last year of of uni, old version, cost about £500 at the time, insurance was twice the price!, a sheld in bbq was more then the car!
then astra mk3 1.6 i think
then current audi a3 1.9 tdi

after driving an audi i just love the quality and power. i just cant go back to anything less :blackrs4: