Monster MotorsportChris Nott
    1st Gear

Status

Test Drive 23-26 Nov

I've finally had my request for a test drive met! I'm getting a 2.0 TDI Sport for 23-26 Nov. The cars are finally being made available for test drive, so if you are also waiting for one you might be getting a call soon. They didn't seem to mind that I'd already placed my order!! It felt too weird to have not test driven it.
    Audi A3 1.6 TDI S-Line Daytona Grey
    Ordered
    15 August 2012 with Heated Seats, Electric Lumber Support, Folding Wing Mirrors and Privacy Glass. Arrived 30 November 2012.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by suzannec View Post
    I've finally had my request for a test drive met! I'm getting a 2.0 TDI Sport for 23-26 Nov. The cars are finally being made available for test drive, so if you are also waiting for one you might be getting a call soon. They didn't seem to mind that I'd already placed my order!! It felt too weird to have not test driven it.
    Really don't see the point of a test drive, spoils the excitment. But have fun.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Audi Man Dan View Post
    Really don't see the point of a test drive, spoils the excitment. But have fun.
    I do when your stuck with the vehicle for 3 years and the last Audi gave you a serious back/neck/shoulder problem which is the reason you've ordered the replacement. Anyway, had to cancel as I'm now away and can't take delivery. Grrr!
    Audi A3 1.6 TDI S-Line Daytona Grey
    Ordered
    15 August 2012 with Heated Seats, Electric Lumber Support, Folding Wing Mirrors and Privacy Glass. Arrived 30 November 2012.

Personally I would never ever order a new car without test driving the same model beforehand. I did once, a Golf Mk2 and the seats were horrible. Fortunately my dealer would take it back for the price I paid and supplied a new Audi 80 Sport.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by suzannec View Post
    I do when your stuck with the vehicle for 3 years and the last Audi gave you a serious back/neck/shoulder problem which is the reason you've ordered the replacement. Anyway, had to cancel as I'm now away and can't take delivery. Grrr!
    I suppose that is a good reason to test drive. Thats rubbish news about your order : (

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    Personally I would never ever order a new car without test driving the same model beforehand. I did once, a Golf Mk2 and the seats were horrible. Fortunately my dealer would take it back for the price I paid and supplied a new Audi 80 Sport.
    Sounds like a lucky escape! I think owning the current gen A3, I still would find test driving the new 8V unnecessary, but every body is different.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    In my case I had no choice but to order blind. If it was my money it'd be different but it's not and, if it was awful, I've only got it for two years anyway. I've had enough A3s now to trust that I'd like it anyway
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors