Further Delays!

splash1992

Reaction score
This is my first thread guys, so if it is a bit wordy...I apologise now!
I ordered my car mid-July, WIth a target delivery date of the 31/10/12 (today!)...But have now been told that the car was taken out of the loop for a random quality check... The dealer has never had this happen on a customer order before apparently and they are baffled as to why this has happened! but I have only been informed of this today!! And they can't give me any information on time scale of the delay...be it days,weeks even months! Needless to say I am not happy at all. It just seems slightly strange ( or am I being cynical?? ) Anybody else had anything similar happen before>>>? :(

That sounds bizarre and I don't blame you for being angry - I'd be totally livid.

I'd be having words with the dealer's sales manager and demanding they provide a courtesy vehicle free of charge until yours is ready for delivery. I know Audi did this when there were major delays with the Black Edition last year and customers were being forced to wait for months after their originally promised delivery dates.

I was told their did this to every so many cars when I visited the factory a few years ago. The guide explained that every car goes through a quality check at the end of the final assembly line, but every so many, not sure of the number, they do a more detailed quality check. It usually only takes a day, unless they find a problem which they decide to fix before it leaves the factory. I don't think it will delay delivery by more than a few days and you will get a car than has been checked to a greater level than normal.

Cheers Vertigo, your car looks amazing by the way! very jealous! and yes that was something that they suggested today...but they are going to be looking into what they can do tomorrow. I don't even know if I can have a curtesy car as I am under 21 haha. The whole thing from the outset has been strange...build week 42 confirmed but for delivery on 5th november ( was the last agreed date ) forgot to say that in my last post. but those dates are surely not achievable...it would be the middle of november from build week 42??

That's great, cheers for that! apparently it's usually only done to cars that are coming to the UK as dealer stock...(not sure how accurate that is though) as apposed to customer confirmed orders.

Hope it's only a few days delay at most. Not doing bad getting a brand new A3 at under 21! :)

Fingers crossed (don't have a good feeling about it though!) And thanks :) Work hard play hard and all that!! haha