You wanted pics?

Vertigo1

Reaction score
Did someone say they wanted pics? Ok, you asked for it...

IMG_1788.jpg

IMG_1793.jpg

IMG_1795.jpg

IMG_1797.jpg

IMG_1798.jpg

IMG_1799.jpg

IMG_1805.jpg

IMG_1807.jpg

IMG_1808.jpg

IMG_1811.jpg

IMG_1813.jpg

IMG_1816.jpg

IMG_1817.jpg

IMG_1818.jpg

IMG_1820.jpg

IMG_1828.jpg

IMG_1831.jpg

IMG_1833.jpg

IMG_1839.jpg

IMG_1845.jpg

Reactions: Oyster and N8
IMG_1846.jpg

IMG_1848.jpg

IMG_1849.jpg

IMG_1850.jpg

IMG_1851.jpg

IMG_1853.jpg

IMG_1854.jpg

IMG_1857.jpg

IMG_1860.jpg

IMG_1862.jpg

IMG_1865.jpg

IMG_1868.jpg

IMG_1873.jpg

IMG_1878.jpg

IMG_1881.jpg

IMG_1886.jpg

IMG_1887.jpg

IMG_1888.jpg

IMG_1889.jpg

IMG_1890.jpg

Reactions: Foshiznik, Flebaz, driver_tim and 16 others
It's growing on me. Misano red, black edition with full leather and red stitching, maybe lowered slightly...... I best start putting in the overtime.

Some very nice pics there... if only the notchback was out!

Reactions: Vertigo1
cheers for posting the pics the car looks stunning - you must be well chuffed :thumbsup:

Just noticed the thin lighting around the speaker trim or have I confused that with something else lit up? Does your car have the interior lighting pack? Haven't ordered it but wondering if it might be worthwhile.... Hmmmm :)

Yes there's a white light strip above the front door speakers. I have both the Interior Light Pack and the B&O sound system - I'm not sure which of these adds the light strip though!

Whatever causes the glow around the speaker trim it looks fab! It's the wee things like that which really set the car apart......dunno why but it reminds me of Tron :)

Haha, the white strip lighting is a bit "Tron" yes :)

The one thing I'm not quite sure about yet with the lighting is the white circle on the MMI wheel in the centre console. In daylight, it lights up when the touch panel is active but it seems to be permanently lit at night as part of the interior illumination and I think it could end up being a bit distracting. The white strip lights in the cup holders ahead of the gear stick are also a bit distracting but you can turn those down or off via the MMI, whereas you don't seem to be able to change the light on the MMI wheel itself. Time will tell whether it's annoying or not I suppose :)

Looks good.....lighting pack looks good too. Tell me something.....you've got album artwork from your i-pod....or is it an i-phone? I only get artwork from music on my SD card.

It's from an iPod Touch connected to the AMI cable in the centre console.

There are so many different combinations of i-devices and cables.....thanks for the info.

ONE WORD!!!!

STUNNING!!!
Bet your pleased with that mate. It is gorgeous!!!
Fantastic pics, thanks for sharing.
ENJOY!!

Great Pics.

You could almost live in there.

However did notice 3 or 4 specs of dust on the right in one pic..Ladies make up brush ideal for the occasional Dash detail for those seeking perfection.

Last edited:
There are so many different combinations of i-devices and cables.....thanks for the info.

Yeah there are loads of different cables for the AMI, plus SD-card slots in the glovebox and you can upload stuff to the internal hard disk!

Mine only came with one cable, the Apple one. Not sure if this is the case for all cars or they just assume unless you tell them you want something different.

I've not tested the Bluetooth streaming with my phone yet but I've heard the quality suffers compared to a direct connection. I'm actually disappointed they moved the AMI out of the glovebox as that was the perfect place to hide away the iPod, but it works well enough in the centre console - there's a little net pocket on the side which my iPod touch slots into perfectly, leaving the rest of the box empty for my phone to sit in.

Meant to ask you if opting for the non smoking pack made any difference to the layout in the car other than the removal of the audi cup which i understand is supposed to be the ashtray?

When ordering my car the Audi bloke said it was hardly an option as the cup was simply not included and the cig lighter would be replaced by plastic plugs to fit in the 12v sockets.

Hardly seems worth listing as an option on config tool.....

Yep, that's all it consists of - no cup and plugs instead of lighters - up to you whether to bother.

On the 8P, the option was well worth it as it removed the ashtray completely and left a much larger, and very very useful, storage area in the centre console. I used to keep my wallet and house keys in there but now have to shove them in the door pocket. That I've lost that space is probably my biggest downside right now!

Get the boot and glove box LED's including the red door warning lights to finish the LED lighting off inside from me :D can also do you brighter footwell and puddles.

Nice car, i had a good look around one at audi near me, the FBSW is a good option and is a really nice touch.

Great pics. Great car. Great Colour.

Would be nice to see some pics of the rear too. One question, the alloys look to have a matt grey finish rather than the standard alloy finish, can you confirm this.

Get the boot and glove box LED's including the red door warning lights to finish the LED lighting off inside from me :D can also do you brighter footwell and puddles.

Nice car, i had a good look around one at audi near me, the FBSW is a good option and is a really nice touch.

Sorry, do you mean can you make the footwell lights brighter or you want pics of them? You can adjust the lighting level in the footwell, yes.

The FBSW is standard on the S-Line now :)

Great pics. Great car. Great Colour.

Would be nice to see some pics of the rear too. One question, the alloys look to have a matt grey finish rather than the standard alloy finish, can you confirm this.

Yeah I sort of missed the back of it! :) The alloys are the "standard" colour and finish you'd expect really. The "ends" of the arms have a kind of slightly raised, flat surface which plays tricks with the light, which you can see most clearly in the second pic.

Did you clocks sort themselves out with the change to GMT?

It is so beautiful! I am so excited about mine now! Your photo's are awesome, far better then the brochure!

Well they didn't sort themselves out as such. I unchecked the "manual daylight savings" this morning so it reverted to GMT as before and obviously the DAB programme times are now correct. It'll all go wrong again in March of course :)

I set my clock to GPS time....that should do the trick in March too. And I get a little pic of a satellite dish beside the time on the display!

Is the B&O sound system good? Is it worth the extra premium? I've got Bose in mine currently which I believe is now just called Audi Sound system which I rate but Is the B&O much better?

Hi.

I was saying that as all the lights inside your car are LED the boot and the glove box are not, i can supply you the bulbs to finish the LED ambient lights off.

Also if you are finding the OEM footwell and puddle bulbs too dim i have an upgrade you can put in, it will still work with the ambient lighting

Thanks for posting,I've been in the same model and am turned

Hi.

I was saying that as all the lights inside your car are LED the boot and the glove box are not, i can supply you the bulbs to finish the LED ambient lights off.

Also if you are finding the OEM footwell and puddle bulbs too dim i have an upgrade you can put in, it will still work with the ambient lighting

Ah ok I'm with you. Thanks but no thanks - tis a company car so not really bothered about fiddling with it too much :)

Is the B&O sound system good? Is it worth the extra premium? I've got Bose in mine currently which I believe is now just called Audi Sound system which I rate but Is the B&O much better?

I also have the BOSE system in my old 8P (which is still on the drive). It does sound better but not massively so. The bass (if you want it that way) is potentially far more powerful and there's far more scope for customising the sound in terms of placement inside the cabin using the fader and surround settings. Whether it's worth the £700 outlay is subjective really and hard to judge not having heard the "Audi sound system" alternative so I don't know how it compares. I just listen to a lot of music in the car, usually rather loud, and wanted the best system available :)

Looks fantastic mate... exactly what I would spec although I would need the sportback for my needs. This is making it even more likely that I will go for the A3 over an A4 now.I guess the new A4 will be styled in a similar way when they eventually get around to launching a new version...

Excellent dude! amazing pics. top quality.

am looking at getting the sportback as a company car, but limited to what options i can get.
Any chance of listing what you selected?

Very lovely and the colour is spot on. I wonder what the new TDi unit is like compared to the 8P1/2/3 unit ?

Excellent dude! amazing pics. top quality.

am looking at getting the sportback as a company car, but limited to what options i can get.
Any chance of listing what you selected?

No probs:
Daytona Grey paint
Tech pack
Comfort pack
Interior lighting pack
B&O sound
DAB radio
Perforated leather/alcantara seats
Folding/dimming door mirrors
Phone box
Reversible boot mat
Non smoking pack