S line 2.0 soon to be delivered!

peterw47

Reaction score
Hi all, been checking out the posts on here for a little while trying to find a bit more info about the New A3 before I placed my order...

Anyway placed my order 02/07/12 and recently been confirmed for build week 43 so expected delivery somewhere between 12th-23rd November. Needless to say I'm getting pretty excited now and want it to hurry up!

Annoyingly just been reading up on the Sportback version and considering they chuck sat nav in for free and the tech pack is only a grand, I would have probably been better off waiting for that. Looks like it comes with roof rails too which would have been handy... Too late now to worry about it though, 3 doors look better anyway ;-)

Here's what I've ordered:

Audi A3 Diesel Hatchback 2.0 TDI S Line 3Dr
Glacier white (guilty as charged)
Standard half leather seats
Comfort pack - cruise control / rear parking sensors / light and rain sensor pack with dimming rear view mirror
Xenon lights - glad these are standard now!
S Line suspension
Non smoking pack
Privacy glass
Deletion of model/engine badge
Electric lumbar support
Audi sound system - 180w 10 speakers
SD Sat Nav

I'll of course get some pics up when it arrives :-D .......

Hi all, been checking out the posts on here for a little while trying to find a bit more info about the New A3 before I placed my order...

Anyway placed my order 02/07/12 and recently been confirmed for build week 43 so expected delivery somewhere between 12th-23rd November. Needless to say I'm getting pretty excited now and want it to hurry up!

Annoyingly just been reading up on the Sportback version and considering they chuck sat nav in for free and the tech pack is only a grand, I would have probably been better off waiting for that. Looks like it comes with roof rails too which would have been handy... Too late now to worry about it though, 3 doors look better anyway ;-)

Here's what I've ordered:

Audi A3 Diesel Hatchback 2.0 TDI S Line 3Dr
Glacier white (guilty as charged)
Standard half leather seats
Comfort pack - cruise control / rear parking sensors / light and rain sensor pack with dimming rear view mirror
Xenon lights - glad these are standard now!
S Line suspension
Non smoking pack
Privacy glass
Deletion of model/engine badge
Electric lumbar support
Audi sound system - 180w 10 speakers
SD Sat Nav

I'll of course get some pics up when it arrives :-D .......

Nice spec, shame about the glacier white tho ; )

Are you sure it will be built with the S-Line suspension, if you did select S-line suspension you will be waiting until the new year.

They are only currently building the 8V with standard and sport suspension, could be worth checking out just incase things get delayed : (

I did see some other comments about the S Line suspension but I've not had anyone contact me to tell me it's not available... Maybe I'll get a call any day now?! Have others heard much before in advance then about this?

I'll be pretty ****** if it just gets built with Sports without me saying so... I wouldn't put it past anyone... Surely if the build started this week I would have heard by now :-/

Wait and see I guess...

Congrats, bet you can't wait. Mine arrived today and I'm in love with it already.

Also, I hear ya on the Xenons - about time these were standard on the S-Line really and glad I didn't have to fork out for them as options again like I did before. Don't know if you've had them previously but you'll never go back!

Congrats, bet you can't wait. Mine arrived today and I'm in love with it already.

Also, I hear ya on the Xenons - about time these were standard on the S-Line really and glad I didn't have to fork out for them as options again like I did before. Don't know if you've had them previously but you'll never go back!

Correct me if i am wrong.
Is the xenons included in the price of the S-line anyway. That's what bumps the price up.

Off topic: Just saw a new Mercedes A Class, looked & sounded not too bad in the brochure. in the flesh,meh.
To high in my opinion, just like the original A/B class.
Definetly back to price up a new Audi A3 Sportback.

Oh yeah I'm sure they've bumped the price of the A3 to account for the inclusion of things which were previously options. It's obviously impossibly to calculate when it's a totally new model but I reckon you'll pay a fair bit less overall when more things are "standard" and you don't have to add them as options. It's also a boon for company car leasing as options have no residual value attached and thus whack the price up massively.

I did see some other comments about the S Line suspension but I've not had anyone contact me to tell me it's not available... Maybe I'll get a call any day now?! Have others heard much before in advance then about this?

I'll be pretty ****** if it just gets built with Sports without me saying so... I wouldn't put it past anyone... Surely if the build started this week I would have heard by now :-/

Wait and see I guess...

I would be calling them If I was you!!! My dad had an S5 on order and 2 days before its build date in January he called them to check it was all going ahead and voila the crystal effect paint we had specced wasn't and had never been available due to the factory in Japan being destroyed in the tsunami. Typical audi dealer couldn't be bothered to tell us from the initial order in July. They did offer any other paint for free (not the exclusive paint though)

This all equalled a cancelled car and Porsche Cayenne on the drive with my dad vowing never to order Audi again.

I've posted in the other thread about S Line suspension delays now but anyway I gave Audi Slough a call and it's still specced with S Line suspension and build started last week, expected delivery mid-late November... Very odd...

Good to hear. Bet your counting down the days now! Lovely cars!!

So close, yet so far! :)

Please as always get some pics up as soon as you can. Be interested to see the how the suspension looks.