JMB RetrofitsChris Nott
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    21

    S line 2.0 soon to be delivered!

    Hi all, been checking out the posts on here for a little while trying to find a bit more info about the New A3 before I placed my order...

    Anyway placed my order 02/07/12 and recently been confirmed for build week 43 so expected delivery somewhere between 12th-23rd November. Needless to say I'm getting pretty excited now and want it to hurry up!

    Annoyingly just been reading up on the Sportback version and considering they chuck sat nav in for free and the tech pack is only a grand, I would have probably been better off waiting for that. Looks like it comes with roof rails too which would have been handy... Too late now to worry about it though, 3 doors look better anyway ;-)

    Here's what I've ordered:

    Audi A3 Diesel Hatchback 2.0 TDI S Line 3Dr
    Glacier white (guilty as charged)
    Standard half leather seats
    Comfort pack - cruise control / rear parking sensors / light and rain sensor pack with dimming rear view mirror
    Xenon lights - glad these are standard now!
    S Line suspension
    Non smoking pack
    Privacy glass
    Deletion of model/engine badge
    Electric lumbar support
    Audi sound system - 180w 10 speakers
    SD Sat Nav

    I'll of course get some pics up when it arrives :-D .......

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    Audi Man Dan's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by peterw47 View Post
    Hi all, been checking out the posts on here for a little while trying to find a bit more info about the New A3 before I placed my order...

    Anyway placed my order 02/07/12 and recently been confirmed for build week 43 so expected delivery somewhere between 12th-23rd November. Needless to say I'm getting pretty excited now and want it to hurry up!

    Annoyingly just been reading up on the Sportback version and considering they chuck sat nav in for free and the tech pack is only a grand, I would have probably been better off waiting for that. Looks like it comes with roof rails too which would have been handy... Too late now to worry about it though, 3 doors look better anyway ;-)

    Here's what I've ordered:

    Audi A3 Diesel Hatchback 2.0 TDI S Line 3Dr
    Glacier white (guilty as charged)
    Standard half leather seats
    Comfort pack - cruise control / rear parking sensors / light and rain sensor pack with dimming rear view mirror
    Xenon lights - glad these are standard now!
    S Line suspension
    Non smoking pack
    Privacy glass
    Deletion of model/engine badge
    Electric lumbar support
    Audi sound system - 180w 10 speakers
    SD Sat Nav

    I'll of course get some pics up when it arrives :-D .......
    Nice spec, shame about the glacier white tho ; )

    Are you sure it will be built with the S-Line suspension, if you did select S-line suspension you will be waiting until the new year.

    They are only currently building the 8V with standard and sport suspension, could be worth checking out just incase things get delayed : (

  4. #3
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    21
    I did see some other comments about the S Line suspension but I've not had anyone contact me to tell me it's not available... Maybe I'll get a call any day now?! Have others heard much before in advance then about this?

    I'll be pretty pissed if it just gets built with Sports without me saying so... I wouldn't put it past anyone... Surely if the build started this week I would have heard by now :-/

    Wait and see I guess...

  5. #4
    Vertigo1's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,617
    Congrats, bet you can't wait. Mine arrived today and I'm in love with it already.

    Also, I hear ya on the Xenons - about time these were standard on the S-Line really and glad I didn't have to fork out for them as options again like I did before. Don't know if you've had them previously but you'll never go back!
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

  6. #5
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo1 View Post
    Congrats, bet you can't wait. Mine arrived today and I'm in love with it already.

    Also, I hear ya on the Xenons - about time these were standard on the S-Line really and glad I didn't have to fork out for them as options again like I did before. Don't know if you've had them previously but you'll never go back!
    Correct me if i am wrong.
    Is the xenons included in the price of the S-line anyway. That's what bumps the price up.

    Off topic: Just saw a new Mercedes A Class, looked & sounded not too bad in the brochure. in the flesh,meh.
    To high in my opinion, just like the original A/B class.
    Definetly back to price up a new Audi A3 Sportback.

  7. #6
    Vertigo1's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,617
    Oh yeah I'm sure they've bumped the price of the A3 to account for the inclusion of things which were previously options. It's obviously impossibly to calculate when it's a totally new model but I reckon you'll pay a fair bit less overall when more things are "standard" and you don't have to add them as options. It's also a boon for company car leasing as options have no residual value attached and thus whack the price up massively.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

  8. #7
    slade777's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    763

    S line 2.0 soon to be delivered!

    Quote Originally Posted by peterw47 View Post
    I did see some other comments about the S Line suspension but I've not had anyone contact me to tell me it's not available... Maybe I'll get a call any day now?! Have others heard much before in advance then about this?

    I'll be pretty pissed if it just gets built with Sports without me saying so... I wouldn't put it past anyone... Surely if the build started this week I would have heard by now :-/

    Wait and see I guess...
    I would be calling them If I was you!!! My dad had an S5 on order and 2 days before its build date in January he called them to check it was all going ahead and voila the crystal effect paint we had specced wasn't and had never been available due to the factory in Japan being destroyed in the tsunami. Typical audi dealer couldn't be bothered to tell us from the initial order in July. They did offer any other paint for free (not the exclusive paint though)

    This all equalled a cancelled car and Porsche Cayenne on the drive with my dad vowing never to order Audi again.
    Current:
    A3 Black Edition 2.0 TDI 140
    .


  9. #8
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    21
    I've posted in the other thread about S Line suspension delays now but anyway I gave Audi Slough a call and it's still specced with S Line suspension and build started last week, expected delivery mid-late November... Very odd...

  10. #9
    slade777's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    763

    S line 2.0 soon to be delivered!

    Good to hear. Bet your counting down the days now! Lovely cars!!
    Current:
    A3 Black Edition 2.0 TDI 140
    .


  11. #10
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    21
    Being delivered Tuesday 27th November. Can't bloody wait!

  12. #11
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    84
    So close, yet so far!

    Please as always get some pics up as soon as you can. Be interested to see the how the suspension looks.
    A3 Sportback 1.8TFSI S-Line S-Tronic, Daytona Grey, Alum Roof Rails, Tech pack, Comfort pack, Adaptive cruise, Int light pack, Audi sound, DAB, Folding mirrors, Reversable luggage mat, 5yr warranty.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. ISSUES with recently delivered Q3 S-Line quattro
    By fabeaton in forum Q3, Q5 & Q7 Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 14th July 2012, 14:05
  2. 2.0 Tdi S-line avant - soon to be!
    By Keef in forum Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B8 Chassis)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 9th December 2008, 08:40
  3. New User Soon to Be 2.0TDi DSG S-Line owner.
    By Gti Jazz Blue in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 7th March 2007, 13:54
  4. New Website coming soon :P
    By Administrators in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 7th February 2003, 10:21
  5. Expect to see alot more soon!!!! well tonight :p
    By Administrators in forum General Chat
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 10th January 2003, 19:26

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO