Surprised A3 owner, temporarily

dmaudi

Reaction score
Went to pick up my wife's new car, only to find the dealer didn't tax it, so while I was fuming,meant I got a day in the new A3 instead

So a very round trip Home, pnly got 24 hours with it only before they turn up with the new car but I really enjoyed my day in the A3

Interior is as nice as my S4 was, the car seems as well built as anything else in the range, and the low level dash means the cabin feels really light and airy even for such a small car

The sat nav and mmi is brilliant, intuitive, even the tracing with your finger on the control wheel is easy and works first time.

It's only a 1.6 tdi as far as I can tell, and done 500 miles, so pretty tight still but 90miles of hard use in some pretty awful weather gave 43mpg :)

​Wow, what a nice experience, hope you enjoyed it. Did you take any pics? :) x

The weather has been so bad

Just these

8016682216_99c5b93f1f_z.jpg

Oh. Maybe a little less impressed now,

But perhaps explains why it understeered out of roundabouts so easily :)

1.6 TDI isn't launched until the Sportback comes out. S tonic will also then be an option on the 2.0 TDI 150 engine. Stupid they haven't launched with it.

MattyW19 called it

I just assumed it was the 1.6 as it was a little flat, but think its because its so high geared in 6th that it needs a downshift to get going on the motorway

it's "replacement" arrived today

8020394481_7a20801b54_z.jpg

TBH 6th is always a bit of an "overdrive" or cruising gear. If I'm doing less than 70 on the motorway and need to boot it, I'll often shift down into 5th anyway, and that's in the 170PS.

MattyW19 called it

I just assumed it was the 1.6 as it was a little flat, but think its because its so high geared in 6th that it needs a downshift to get going on the motorway

it's "replacement" arrived today

8020394481_7a20801b54_z.jpg

That is the best Q3 I have seen so far! Stunning :hubbahubba:

thanks, I'm really pleased with it, we only saw and drove SE models but ordered the S-line based on the brochure pics,

I think it came out better than those, the S-line means body coloured wheel arch trims, the 19" wheels means the arch trims are also slightly wider than the smaller wheeled cars have so it looks really beefy