Monster MotorsportEM Tuning

Thread: audi a3 8v

Reverse Gear

Status

audi a3 8v

Does anyone know anything about the sportback there's not much info available,and does anyone else think the area below the heater controls looks odd, like theirs something missing?

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    It isn't going to be release until next year. Some dealers say orders accepted from September but another told me it won't be released for another 18 months!! Apparently Audi usually do this, they see how well the hatch goes first.
    Audi A3 1.6 TDI S-Line Daytona Grey
    Ordered
    15 August 2012 with Heated Seats, Electric Lumber Support, Folding Wing Mirrors and Privacy Glass. Arrived 30 November 2012.

6th Gear

Status
    The same happened with the 8P - only the three door was available to start with and it was a year or more before the Sportback showed up.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

Reverse Gear

Status
    It's an audi it's bound to do well with the 8p sportback being more popular than the 3 door i was hoping audi would make it available sooner,i love the 3 door 8v but would like more practicality.

6th Gear

Status
    I seem to be in the minority in preferring the 3-door shape of the 8P. All three of mine have been three doors, although the first one was before the Sportback even existed.

People ask me why. Firstly I think it's a cleaner shape. Secondly I don't have kids and very rarely have anyone in the back, so I prefer to have the larger doors of the 3-door. Makes entry and egress easier and the B-pillar is much further back and out of my peripheral vision. On the occasions I've driven a Sportback, I find it a little claustrophobic actually, with much smaller front doors and the B-pillar too far forward.

Each to their own
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

3rd Gear

Status
    I also think that the 3-door A3 looks slightly better than the Sportback, although the SB has much nicer looking rear light clusters. I was always surprised they didn't update the old 3-door with the same lights as the Cabrio.

The A1 on the other hand, looks much better as a 5 door, IMO. It just seems better proportioned.
    A3 Sportback 8V 1.4 TFSI SE