Badger5Chris Nott
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Vertigo1
  • 1 Post By Vertigo1

Thread: My next car

6th Gear

Status

My next car

So it's time to order my fourth A3, having had an 8P1, 8P2 and 8P3. Final spec as follows, think I've got everything I want

Audi A3 2.0TDI 150PS S-Line
    Phantom Black pearl effect paint (L8)
    Perforated Alcantara/Leather upholstery (QF)
    Comfort package (WBI/7X1/8T2)
    Technology package (PNQ)
    Bang & Olufsen sound system (9VS)
    DAB digital radio (QV3)
    Audi phone box (9ZE)
    Interior light package (QQ4)
    Light and rain sensor package (PU8)
    Non-smoking package (9JA)
    Reversible mat (6SJ)
    Dimming, folding, heated door mirrors (6XK)
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    Wow. Sounds really good. The colour sounds good. When you getting? x
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP

2nd Gear

Status
    Nice spec mate.

What is the wait?

Cheers,
    Si
    Currently Driving - 2012 White 3 Door A3 170 Quattro Black Edition with loads of toys! - It's here and I love it!

6th Gear

Status
    Order hasn't actually gone in yet, need to wait for my boss to come back of hols next week to do the paperwork but have all the lease quotes sorted and it's a done deal. Lease company reckons, if ordered before the end of this month, it'll be ready by the end of November when my current car is due back, so four months total.

Colour-wise, black is a bit of a cop-out tbh. My firs two A3s were black, my current one is Lava Grey as I fancied and change and I've actually grown to love the colour. Alas there's nothing comparable available for the new model, nor any other colour I like, so it's back to black
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

1st Gear

Status
    Didn't the Daytona Grey catch your eye? It caught mine and with the disappointment of Ibis White no longer being available I'm being sorely tempted!
    Audi A3 1.6 TDI S-Line Daytona Grey
    Ordered
    15 August 2012 with Heated Seats, Electric Lumber Support, Folding Wing Mirrors and Privacy Glass. Arrived 30 November 2012.

6th Gear

Status
    I did think about it I must admit. Need to pop to the dealer and find a car in that colour to have a proper look really.
    suzannec likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    At least the Daytona Grey is available to view widely, not just on an A3! Nice spec btw.
    Ordered
    15 August 2012 with Heated Seats, Electric Lumber Support, Folding Wing Mirrors and Privacy Glass. Arrived 30 November 2012.

Neutral

Status
    Nice spec, what suspension option are you going for?

6th Gear

Status
    The standard one, which on the S-Line is the Sports suspension.

I think it'll offer a useful increase in comfort/suppleness over the S-Line option whilst not being as 'soggy' as the standard suspension. I also fear the standard suspension will be too high and the car will look daft with too large a gap in the wheelarches.

6th Gear

Status
    Also, I've been pursuing the dealer regards phone options as I've mentioned elsewhere.

Basically, Audi have said the new A3 will come with the high-end Audi Connect phone prep, providing things like Google Earth imagery for the nav, WiFi hotspot inside the car etc. Alas the brochure has no information on this whatsoever!

The dealer has done some snooping and has informed me that this functionality is included in the Technology Pack, although it's not explicitly stated in the brochure. Of course, unless I ditch my iPhone I won't be making any use of the advanced features but it looks like I'll have it anyway.

Neutral

Status
    You lucky thing! Nice spec....Would seriously look at the daytona grey though, it's a stunning colour.

I've just ordered an A1 BE in daytona, and was blown away seeing it in the flesh.

6th Gear

Status
    I'll see if my local dealer has any cars in Daytona grey but, from what I've seen, it's a fairly "light" grey colour, which I'm not sure suits smaller cars like the A3 as much as it does something like the A5, where it seems to be quite a popular colour.

6th Gear

Status
    Seems I made a goof in my spec, adding the Light & Rain package when it's already included in the Comfort Package.

Looking at the brochure again, I think I might ditch those two and go for the Driver Assistance Package instead, just need to find out what it does to the price. There also seems to be a mistake in the brochure as the Assistance Package doesn't say it includes the auto-dimming rear view mirror and yet it must do, as some of the other options included in the pack say they depend on the rear-view mirror option and it's not available to add separately if you spec the assistance package.

Kind of annoying trying to work out all the various option permutations but more than outweighed by the fun of spending someone else's money :D

6th Gear

Status
    And order placed with the lease company \o/

Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo1 View Post
    Kind of annoying trying to work out all the various option permutations but more than outweighed by the fun of spending someone else's money :D
    Would you be considering a new A3 if you were spending you own and not someone else's money?
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

1st Gear

Status
    And order placed with the lease company \o/
    Good stuff, I wonder if yours or mine will arrive first?! ;-)
    Ordered

6th Gear

Status
    Yours at this rate - had problems with the finance company today so it's still up in the air. Hopefully the order will actually go in tomorrow :/

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    Would you be considering a new A3 if you were spending you own and not someone else's money?
    Firstly, if I were spending my own money I'd not be buying a "new" anything, it'd be something new-ish but used.

As for an A3, I really don't know. I know you pay a hell of a premium over something like a Ford, Vauxhall, Seat etc, but I like my Audis. I'm not sure how much the differential between an A3 and a similarly specced car from another manufacturer would be on the used market so it's hard to say whether I'd be prepared to pay the difference.

I do like my toys though and that tends to jack the price up on Audis, whereas you'll often find other makes have them as standard, at least on the higher/highest trim levels, which can make a lot of difference to the price. Then again, I've yet to see any other manufacturer come close to Audi's interiors, both in terms of design and fit/finish, but also in terms of technology - the nav systems are just "nicer" than other manufacturer's efforts in my opinion

Firstly, if I were spending my own money I'd not be buying a "new" anything, it'd be something new-ish but used.
    I have always paid for my own A3s and the reason I have nearly always bought "new" is that it would be almost impossible to find an second hand A3 with all the "toys" I like in a colour and spec that I wanted. A3s do hold their value quite well so when I change my car, usually around 3 years I get in the region of 50-55% of it's original price as a trade-in.

I agree that there are very few cars of a similar size to the A3 that have anything like the quality of the interior. To me that's worth paying a bit extra. Also now it would have to be a model with an s-tronic or DSG gearbox. No way would I want to go back to a manual gearbox.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

6th Gear

Status
    Order hopefully gone through this time - fingers crossed!

5th Gear

Status
    and if it wasn't for vertigo1 fully loaded 2nd hand cars wouldn't exist, some idiot put 8k of extras on my a6 lol
    VCDS in North Wales
    2007 A6 3.0TDi S-Line Le Mans Avant , adaptive xenon lights, sunroof, privacy glass, towbar, led rears & randomly rear seat airbags
    1999 Honda S2000 , mcb low milage jap import, fully bushed, mugen exhaust <<< for sale! <<<
    2001 Passat TDi 130 Sport < sold!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/Ste_Nova/Passat/PB140007s.jpg

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    A3s do hold their value quite well so when I change my car, usually around 3 years I get in the region of 50-55% of it's original price as a trade-in.
    So losing £15k in 3 years is good?
    If I did lose 50% in 3 years on a new car I would go and shoot myself.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ste_Nova View Post
    and if it wasn't for vertigo1 fully loaded 2nd hand cars wouldn't exist, some idiot put 8k of extras on my a6 lol
    Haha! Spending other peoples' money is fab

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by slepy View Post
    So losing £15k in 3 years is good?
    If I did lose 50% in 3 years on a new car I would go and shoot myself.
    you loose at least 50% on all cars after 3 years

my a6 was 48k new, i payed £13k.. someone lost £35k in 5 years
    VCDS in North Wales
    2007 A6 3.0TDi S-Line Le Mans Avant , adaptive xenon lights, sunroof, privacy glass, towbar, led rears & randomly rear seat airbags
    1999 Honda S2000 , mcb low milage jap import, fully bushed, mugen exhaust <<< for sale! <<<
    2001 Passat TDi 130 Sport < sold!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/Ste_Nova/Passat/PB140007s.jpg

5th Gear

Status
    Thats why I don't buy new cars...

6th Gear

Status
    Just spoken to the lease company.

Apparently build is scheduled for the beginning of September with delivery to the dealer expect at the end of September.

If that's true then that's staggeringly fast and will only be two months from order!

Here's hoping I get it early October

1st Gear

Status
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!! I too could have expected a staggering delivery time except my lease company decided to sit on my order for over a month before giving it to the dealer so I am at the end of a long long list!
    Ordered

6th Gear

Status
    My mission now is to get it before I see another one on the road!

When people go "oh look, a new A3", I want it to be me!
    suzannec likes this.